Clear bra installation questions - professional feedback is needed and appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 12:12 AM
ed03feng will become famous soon enough
Clear bra installation questions - professional feedback is needed and appreciated

Hello guys! I am back to the Bay Area after spending last 4 years in the Seattle area. Since I am in CA, I got myself an 08 Scuderia to enjoy this wonderful weather (well, although it was not nice lately.) Anyway, I had my Scuderia getting a full wrap using Xpel Ultimate (self healing). When I got the car back today, I wasn't happy at all. The film was not tucked in and the cut on the edge was not straight. The installer claimed that the film was not able to tuck in due to lack/not enough clear coat on the car to help the film sticking on/staying down. So here is my question. Does the clear coat thickness has anything to do with the film being able to stay down? I had many cars getting wrap before. This is the first time I heard this being the reason. I am hoping/giving a chance for the installer to make it right so I am keeping this company's name confidential for now.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:03 PM
drew935 is on a distinguished road
No, the clear coat thickness has nothing to do with it.
That is the typical inexperience of the installer that apparently shows in his work.
Contact Premier in Fremont and get an experienced professional input from them.

http://www.premiermobilegroup.com

Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
goto premier, find greg, wilson or sam. then consider it done.
no need to fk around.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
The following can be done for the 16M or Scuderia, but will depend on the installer's skill level:

1. full hood - 1 piece
2. full front fenders - 1 piece (most installers only do the partial fenders and with some of the better ones, they will do the entire front fenders in two pieces with a joining seam under the Ferrari emblem)
3. front bumper - 1 piece (the precut firms will also do this in 2-3 pieces)

Below are some samples of how it can be done (**Note: within any craft oriented industry, skill and experience is the key. Just because a company claims work to be "custom" does not mean they are all equal)

Attached Images           

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com