Pca Cannon Beach Tour Starting In Seattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:05 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Wink Pca Cannon Beach Tour Starting In Seattle

Hi Everyone,

For those of you that are interested, the PCA NWR is having their last tour of the year on October 13th through the 16th. I'll take any excuse to drive! Especially since the weather is changing and we may not get many more opportunities!

I know that the deadline to sign up to be part of the entire tour was Sept. 30th, but as far as just driving down with them, anyone can be part of that! We are driving down with them to Cannon Beach, but then peeling off. We aren't doing the whole tour with them, but figured the drive down would be fun! They say this is one of the best tours that they do!

If you are interested, here is the info:
PNWR

Old 10-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds like FUN! I might be in, but can't do weekdays, just started a new job.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
no problem! it starts saturday and goes till monday, but myself and my hubby are leaving with the PCA group on Saturday, and we are returning Sunday, because we both work weekdays as well. Anyway, read the link and see what time and where we are all meeting! you should join in! even if the weather is crappy, it's still fun to drive in a group of p-cars and watching everyone's jaw's drop when we all drive by!

anyway, you should join us! even if you don't do the entire drive down, it would be fun to do a 1/2 day drive!

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 10-07-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I just booked the room, & emailed the tour guy to let him know I'll be tagging along.

See you on Saturday Morning!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Boxstergirl you are going to miss the 6speed run.....the whole time you re driving 65mph with the PCA group remember that!

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 10-11-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:48 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
65mph if you're lucky. Just be careful you don't get hit with a cane by the elder members.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Boxstergirl you are going to miss the 6speed run.....the whole time you re driving 65mph with the PCA group remember that!
Originally Posted by vincentdds
65mph if you're lucky. Just be careful you don't get hit with a cane by the elder members.
OUCH! This is my first PCA thing, is it really that bad?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Let me put it this way...if you can, drop the PCA trip and go on with the 6speed guys on Sunday and bring that new 993 C4S you have.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 10-12-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:05 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
I've been on one PCA drive. Let's just say that it was one to many.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:16 AM
i know from experience, i've done a few of each. no, it's nothing like the excitment of the 6speed run. those are a bit more "spirited" for lack of a better word. ehhehe! and i LOVE them!

the pca runs are still very fun, with the exception of the olympic peninsula run. but, that into consideration, it was tourist season with rv's, campers, etc. not much room for anything else. but, in fairness to pca, they try and pre warn you about that run being more scenic rather than a good driving run.

i've done the 5 other runs by them, and let me say, in certain areas, there was no problem driving above and beyond good ol' 55!. especially the twisties. and, i don't think i'm much of a timid driver and i still have fun!

plus, the social part of it is truly fun! oh..and good eating!

i guess that i'm a junkie. i'll drive anything/everything that i can. if the tour was that boring, i'd never go, honestly. but, they say this is the best one of all of them.

so, please go on one and judge for youself. if you don't enjoy it, you can always turn around and come back. sounds like the 6speed guys aren't going until sunday, anyway. so, try it on saturday and see whatcha think!

hope to see you there, mike!

jody

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 10-12-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:19 AM
lol....i understand. but, the last run we did, we still got to 120. that's not too bad! that's why i do both groups. they both are fun. i guess, for me, it's a weekend get away for us as well. todd never takes time off of work, so honestly, we are looking forward to the dunes.

mike,
david is talking about the olympic peninsula run that we did. i did the same run. before i even signed up, i knew this was a mellow run. they (pca) pretty much tells you this about that particular run. it's fulll of rv's in the way. but, not all of the tours are like that. if they truly sucked, i would never go. so, please judge the tour for yourself and then if you hate it, don't sign up for any. we'd love to see you there. do what i did. i did the olympic pen tour and then came home 1/2. for the other tours, i did the entire run. they were fun!

i'll be thinking of you guys on sunday! have lots of fun! i will miss you!! maybe if i keep my fingers crossed, we can plan something else before the year winds up! i'll be there in spirit!

you know if anything funny happens, i wanna know! please! take lots of pictures for me! i'll be tearing it up on the dunes! that's mostly when i'm headed down that way!

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 10-12-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:38 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Jodie no dunes in Cannon Beach to tear up. Nice beach though. Cannon Beach drive isn't very exciting unless the 30 mile stretch the Ferrari's run has been added. PCA Don't (pass the leader) they will tell you to go home. Yes the 6 speeders like to drive a little more spirited but don't knock the PCA events until you do the Wine Country Tour. 6 speeders would ALL enjoy it. Cannon Beach is more about people than driving and you will find out that they are coming home Monday (if that's the case) because of the Sunday traffic from the Oregon Coast. I went down with 6 couples (Italian Cars sorry) last weekend and it took us almost 5 hours from Lincoln City. Should have been 3 1/2. Sunday will suck so leave early in am if you want to drive over 50. Also DO NOT SPEED running the double laned road out of the mountains down into Cannon Beach (The last 15 miles or so) Big Fast Roads. Lots of cops.......... Also kitty corner from the Hallmark on the South end of town there's a little restaurant and I don't know the name that has some of the best Blueberry Pancakes Ever.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:41 PM
thanks for the info mark! i appreciate your advice and suggestions!

well, todd and i are just driving down to cannon beach with pca, but then we are leaving them at cannon beach and he and i are going down to florence, or. by ourselves to do the dunes. we are coming home sunday evening and then taking monday off of work since it's a long haul back.

i missed the n. cascades tour! i heard it is a great tour! a friend of mine went on it last weekend and he loved it! so far, i've enjoyed all the pca tours, with the exception of the oly pen one that we did. i hear the cannon beach one is pretty fun, though. i'm more excited for todd and i to drive down to do the dunes. it's okay if the drive to cannon beach is a bit slower. todd and i will break away on our own after cannon beach. yes, we are each driving our own car. hahahaha!

if it's horribly slow, or not much fun, maybe we'll head back early and meet up with you guys on sunday, instead.

i'll try and refrain from passing the leader! hahaahha! are you speaking from personal experience about being sent home? lol!! although, david can vouch for me on this one, last time we did the Oly Pen tour, i used the car pool lane to pass others that were slow. i used my "teddy bear" as my co-passenger. oh well. hahah!

NOTHING beats a good 6speed run! i can't sleep after i get home from those runs! they are a blast! i'm so glad to have met you guys and thanks for making me feel like part of the group!

i'll miss you guys! have tons of fun!! i think the weather is going to be great!

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 10-12-2007 at 07:48 PM.