I got snubbed by a dude in a Gallardo today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:02 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
+1....

Old 05-18-2008, 11:15 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
^^^ +!

These rules as written above come naturally to those with grace and dignity, those who don't figure it out on their own are not worthy of the car they drive.
+1
you either get it or you don't... sort of innate...

Old 05-18-2008, 03:01 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Should have yelled, time for a Caddilac!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Sammy_G is on a distinguished road
What a clown!!! I am new to the P car world and I smile, wave, thumbs up and anything in between to other sports car owners. I love seeing other fun cars on the road.

People like that should be forced to donate the car to the save the sam foundation

Old 05-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
You probably looked at his wifes boobies and he resents you for that. BTW sorry we missed you today.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:11 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
You probably looked at his wifes boobies and he resents you for that. BTW sorry we missed you today.
sorry, had to go back to Oregon on Saturday. He shouldn't resent me for looking at his wife's *****, i could have given him a free consult while we were driving

Old 05-18-2008, 10:54 PM
call-911 is on a distinguished road
I roll down the windows, look over, rev the engine a few times.....

Maybe his hearing aid was turned off. I agree with your rules and I've been snobbed by cars of lesser pedigree!

Old 05-18-2008, 10:59 PM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
and how about the unwritten Porsche tradition of a quick headlight blink? maybe that's just for us old air-cooled traditional traditionalists.... and as for the guy in that other car, well, as they say, .... him if he can't take a joke.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:20 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by willcoxmd

I'm pretty sure there is a written sports car code of etiquette. If there isn't, it should start something like this:
1. when one high performance car pulls up beside another, the following rules of engagement should commence:
I don't acknowledge orange cars either

Sad to say most guys who drive italians don't acknowledge germans. it's a harsh fact that i laugh at when driving with them. most can't get out of the parking lot and my 93' 911 would take them on a high speed twistie.

BTW true high performance cars my friend are WHITE

Old 05-19-2008, 10:29 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Todd it's Ok. He's 70 yo and needs to be concentrating on the roads. Or maybe he just didn't want to acknowledge the fact that your car is red. Which is a true sport car color.

Last edited by vincentdds; 05-19-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
FerRrari will become famous soon enough
I've done the exact same thing the Gallardo did but to civics et al driving like maniacs. Not acknowledging a friendly driver is lame, that's what I love the most about bike riding, there's always thumbs up!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:32 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Todd it's Ok. He's 70 yo and needs to be concentrating on the roads. Or maybe he just didn't want to acknowledge the fact that your car is red. Which is a true sport car color.
Thanks Vince!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER

BTW true high performance cars my friend are WHITE
So your ole 996tts and 430coupe are not real performance cars? The way things are going, your going to need a different signature color soon as everyone has a white car these days!

Hope you had a good trip. Say hello to Caryl for me

Old 05-19-2008, 06:03 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
So your ole 996tts and 430coupe are not real performance cars? The way things are going, your going to need a different signature color soon as everyone has a white car these days!

Hope you had a good trip. Say hello to Caryl for me
My old 996 tts sucked dog dokies. slow off the line cornered like a murcielogo and sounded like crap. my silver coupe is the same. it's a great car for getting to the resturant but as far as performance is a stated fact that cars with colored paint go slower.

anyone want to follow my RS thru the mountains???????

Old 05-20-2008, 02:09 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
I'm cruising south on I-5 this afternoon in the turbo and I see a white Gallardo spider putzin' along in the middle lane. I pulled up along side of him to give him the old Fonzarelli Ayeeeee! and a nod of approval and the dude won't even look at me

So the guy is a balding, white hair 70 yr old, so I give him some slack (maybe I made him nervous with my awesome exhaust) and I take off. He then proceeds to tail me for a mile so I thinks he wants to play afterall! i slow down, he pulls into middle lane right next to me. I roll down the windows, look over, rev the engine a few times.....the dude just looks straight ahead like i'm not there. He then slows way down and pulls into the right lane until i'm long gone. WTF?

I'm pretty sure there is a written sports car code of etiquette. If there isn't, it should start something like this:
1. when one high performance car pulls up beside another, the following rules of engagement should commence:
a. the two drivers (and passengers) will acknowledge each other in a cordial manner signifying respect for each others automobile. This may be accomplished with a simple thumbs up, head nod, or a variety of hand gestures other than the middle finger.
b. Once this brief formality is completed, the drivers may part with a feeling of glee or they may choose to engage each other in a friendly joust.

This would be a simple beginning of the code and if someone can't follow the first simple rule.....Then he/she is a TOTAL ******!!!!

btw, that white gallardo spider was frickin' gorgeous in person. Low, wide and sexy. A very nice presence on the road.
agreed on all points, but what about the "Flash" for and from Porsche owners. Growing up driving with my Dad, this was part of the Porsche ownership experience. Long Forgotten sadly.

Oh, and 70 Y/O in a Gallardo, what a tool.

Cheers,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got snubbed by a dude in a Gallardo today!