I got snubbed by a dude in a Gallardo today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
Angry I got snubbed by a dude in a Gallardo today!

I'm cruising south on I-5 this afternoon in the turbo and I see a white Gallardo spider putzin' along in the middle lane. I pulled up along side of him to give him the old Fonzarelli Ayeeeee! and a nod of approval and the dude won't even look at me

So the guy is a balding, white hair 70 yr old, so I give him some slack (maybe I made him nervous with my awesome exhaust) and I take off. He then proceeds to tail me for a mile so I thinks he wants to play afterall! i slow down, he pulls into middle lane right next to me. I roll down the windows, look over, rev the engine a few times.....the dude just looks straight ahead like i'm not there. He then slows way down and pulls into the right lane until i'm long gone. WTF?

I'm pretty sure there is a written sports car code of etiquette. If there isn't, it should start something like this:
1. when one high performance car pulls up beside another, the following rules of engagement should commence:
a. the two drivers (and passengers) will acknowledge each other in a cordial manner signifying respect for each others automobile. This may be accomplished with a simple thumbs up, head nod, or a variety of hand gestures other than the middle finger.
b. Once this brief formality is completed, the drivers may part with a feeling of glee or they may choose to engage each other in a friendly joust.

This would be a simple beginning of the code and if someone can't follow the first simple rule.....Then he/she is a TOTAL ******!!!!

btw, that white gallardo spider was frickin' gorgeous in person. Low, wide and sexy. A very nice presence on the road.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by willcoxmd
1. when one high performance car pulls up beside another, the following rules of engagement should commence:
a. the two drivers (and passengers) will acknowledge each other in a cordial manner signifying respect for each others automobile. This may be accomplished with a simple thumbs up, head nod, or a variety of hand gestures other than the middle finger.
b. Once this brief formality is completed, the drivers may part with a feeling of glee or they may choose to engage each other in a friendly joust.

+1 for that and most Lambo driver have their heads up their ***... meaning A-Holes...

Last edited by Zookie; 05-17-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I am glad the 70 year old was paying attention to the road...

Todd you are 100% right in the rules of the road...

what a dick

Old 05-17-2008, 08:33 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I couldnt agree more. Its CAR GUY 101

Old 05-17-2008, 08:48 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
I guess he thought he was UnF*C*Withable (just saying that for laughs in case anyone takes it the wrong way). Not cool though on his part.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:03 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
todd....if you ever retire for being a boobie doctor.....you should become an author! you write a great story! i loved the part about "glee". hehe!

see ya tomorrow! we'll give you the thumbs up and we'll play sports car with you! =)

Old 05-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Hobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really nice
Was that in Oregon, I hope not, you will never like it here.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:16 PM
///M__ortal is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure there is a written sports car code of etiquette. If there isn't, it should start something like this:

This would be a simple beginning of the code and if someone can't follow the first simple rule.....Then he/she is a TOTAL ******!!!!
Amen to that,

Old 05-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Third Rule which is C. Should a competition ensue, the looser of said competition should not partake in any sort of "Ricer" fly-by as it only re-enforces his inferiority

Old 05-17-2008, 10:17 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ +!

These rules as written above come naturally to those with grace and dignity, those who don't figure it out on their own are not worthy of the car they drive.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:08 AM
niter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura aboutniter1dah has a spectacular aura about
I would have pulled out my bag of annoyances and started asking How much it costs, How fast does it go, Where did you get it, What do you do...

Old 05-18-2008, 12:51 AM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
Thats interesting,most of the fellows in the Northwest are friendly. Thats fellow thought he was Driving a Bugatti Veyron or something.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:16 AM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
I like those rules. Agreed, sounds like that guy has a superiority complex.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:25 AM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Zookie
Third Rule which is C. Should a competition ensue, the looser of said competition should not partake in any sort of "Ricer" fly-by as it only re-enforces his inferiority

I like that one. You nailed that scenario.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:39 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I am pretty sure he was afraid of getting smoked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got snubbed by a dude in a Gallardo today!