172hp 6lbs of Torque =my new ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Call your cel phone provider for the BT pin #.

Yea, the Serious lifetime thing is a little expensive, but you never have to pay for it again. What no HD radio? It sounds just like our car. Do you have the secret storage above the glove box?

found the secret glove box pressed the silver thing above and it has a nice little spot for sunglasses or remotes

JT yes too loaded but the only one that matched my color/transmission liking. I wanted a used black one they had but it didn't really have that new car smell if you know what I mean....

couldn't get the pass key to register on the screen again tonight to try the 0000 so I'll try it tomorrow before I go down to Mini to get the mirror caps.

It also has tinted windows, paint shield and some kind of lifetime staingaurd thing.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Heffners

Vince,

The wild thing about Heffners is that the modifications don't require a bottom end rebuild. What we found so interesting about the Ford GT is that the supercharger (unlike a turbocharger) creates INCREASED drag on the crankshaft (and a linear increase, if not a slightly parabolic increase, as RPM's rise because the supercharger is always engaged and again, is a direct-connect with the crankshaft. We found that by turbocharging instead, we lose all of the drag on the crankshaft and can make HUGE amounts of power while running an essentially stock boost profile. Heffners is running more-or-less the same PSI as the supercharged (stock) Ford GT but without all of the the drag. You lose some of the bottom end and of course, you could argue that there's some lag, but with so much displacement, it's just essential to have a boost-timer (which these cars do) so that you aren't laying rubber all of the time from a stand-still. Give them a call, it's SOCKING that Ford hasn't done this modification on their own, except that you could NEVER find an insurance company who would want to INSURE a 1000hp (factory registered) street-driven car.

Originally Posted by vincentdds
I'd love to have one already built like this one. But with just bolting the TB kit w/o internal reinforcement seems unsafe. One boost spike and kaboom.