FS: (Rare) Trailex Open Aluminum Car trailer

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
usm34me is on a distinguished road
FS: (Rare) Trailex Open Aluminum Car trailer

Trailex sets the standard for strong, lightweight aluminum car trailers. The trailer is very stable at speed because you’ve custom “tuned” the adjustable undercarriage and front wheel stops to balance the load/tongue weight to your liking. No problem towing behind a half ton pick up or standard size SUV!

Model CT-7541 weighs just under 900 lbs. and can easily pack a payload over 4000 lbs. The length overall is 20’ and accommodates my 15’ e36 BMW M3 with ease.

Price a new trailer (including matching overhead aluminum tire rack and spare tire mount) at http://www.trailex.com/viewprod.cfm?...t=92&cat_id=92 Basically, you’ll pay over $7,000 to get a comparably equipped CT-7541 landed in Seattle.

The trailer is in great condition (except the right fender needs slight straightening) and has seen limited use in the past three years. Bearings were repacked in 2006 when the brakes were checked and new tires purchased (90% tread remaining).

Trailex Open Aluminum Car trailer, Model CT-7541:
• Satin anodized, extruded aluminum construction.
• All bolted modular construction.
• Adjustable front wheel stops.
• Fendex low profile fender.
• Extruded aluminum floor surface 16 1/2" each side
• Four recessed "D" rings (2 in front, 2 in rear).
• Adjustable undercarriage (tune for balance).
• Tapered roller bearings.
• Powder coated 4" drop axles.
• Adjustable front parking jack with caster wheel
• Leaf Springs (epoxy coated) with equalizer for 4 wheel independent suspension.
• Dual Coiled safety cables
• 2" ball coupler
• 5 lug steel wheels
• Carlisle tires – upgraded Load Range D, Special Trailer service rated
• 4 wheel hydraulic surge brakes
• 9' x 11" aluminum ramps with non-skid surface (mount under deck).
• Optional – tire rack, capacity 8+/-
• Optional – spare wheel/tire and mount

More images are here - http://www.pbase.com/usm34me/e36m3partstech&page=3

This is a rare trailer in these parts. I have yet to see another Trailex open trailer at the track or car show in the NW during my 6+ years of ownership.

The trailer can be seen beginning this Sunday AM in West Bellevue. My price is $4,500 (OBO). Ask me about a racer's discount! Please email (usm34me at comcast dot net) or call (425-503-0880) to meet up. First come. First served.

Thanks!
Lou G.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^wow! that's nice! i drive my car down everywhere (autox, etc.) so i'm not in the market at the moment. i'm sure someone will really enjoy it though!

GL with the sale!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
^wow! that's nice! i drive my car down everywhere (autox, etc.) so i'm not in the market at the moment. i'm sure someone will really enjoy it though! GL with the sale!
Thanks, BoxsterGirlie. The trailex is popular with Porsche owners/racers in the Midwest and East.

i.e.... (another Trailex)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gt3_trailer.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	73659  
Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
must resist... must resist

Old 07-01-2008, 08:00 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
ohhh pj! that would be PERFECT for you! you even have a nice, big truck to tow it with! just imagine....saving the miles on the pcar.....driving down to portland raceway......cool breeze blowin' across that car...............

i'm not much help, am i? wink*

Old 07-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
ohhh pj! that would be PERFECT for you! you even have a nice, big truck to tow it with! just imagine....saving the miles on the pcar.....driving down to portland raceway...
...or the convenience of changing to R compounds and track pads in your garage at home then trailering to the track.

...and save $$ by not burning up street tires and street pads at the track

...or taking an extra set of tires with you so if you have a flat or cord a tire you're not done for the day and out travel and entry $$ with little to show for it

...or trailering home after a mechanical issue

...or helping your buddy who has a mishap at the track and trail him home

...etc

Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by usm34me
...or the convenience of changing to R compounds and track pads in your garage at home then trailering to the track.

...and save $$ by not burning up street tires and street pads at the track

...or taking an extra set of tires with you so if you have a flat or cord a tire you're not done for the day and out travel and entry $$ with little to show for it

...or trailering home after a mechanical issue

...or helping your buddy who has a mishap at the track and trail him home

...etc

Yes, I am not so worried about the mileage on my car...

As you mentioned -- taking a couple sets of tires
Having my truck at the track to carry crap

Now only if I had a place to keep it...
Any ideas?

I have no room at my house or office to store it.

It is a nice trailer for sure -- for open trailers, Trailex is great.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
PJ you can always store it at my place. I've got plenty of room here. Seriously...buddy, you've got no excuses left.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by atomic80
PJ you can always store it at my place. I've got plenty of room here. Seriously...buddy, you've got no excuses left.
Thanks for the offer!

can't you just see me touring the NW tracks with Mark's RS America?

I am leaning towards and enclosed trailer though... something like DJ's...

This is a nice trailex though and they certainly are rare out here as the OP mentioned...

Last edited by PJS; 07-01-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 PM
fly2low can only hope to improve
I looked high and low for a trailex in this area - would have grabbed this before you were done typing. Unfortunately, I gave up and got a featherlite. Your deal is a very reasonable price for a great trailer. GLWS

Old 07-01-2008, 11:12 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Here you go PJ.

Jason, got room for mine at your place?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
My god, that's a big trailer. Where do you park that thing now? I used to have a featherlite enclosed trailer too but I got tired of towing that thing around so I sold it. I ended up getting an open trailer for my snowmobiles instead. Much easier to lug that thing around.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:31 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by atomic80
My god, that's a big trailer. Where do you park that thing now? I used to have a featherlite enclosed trailer too but I got tired of towing that thing around so I sold it. I ended up getting an open trailer for my snowmobiles instead. Much easier to lug that thing around.
I rent a spot out in Maple Valley. It's not too bad to pull around. Now you see why I bought the new truck. When the car is not in it, I use it for the other toys, ATVs and off road buggy. Great multi-purpose trailer.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
PJS
Originally Posted by David_J
Here you go PJ.

Jason, got room for mine at your place?
NICE!

That is simply fantastic!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by fly2low
I looked high and low for a trailex in this area - would have grabbed this before you were done typing. Unfortunately, I gave up and got a featherlite. Your deal is a very reasonable price for a great trailer. GLWS
Rich, appreciate the comments. Timing is everything.

This trailer has served me well and the build quality/design is outstanding. However, I now have three trailers and one wife. My preference is two trailers and one wife.... not three and none.

Lou G.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: FS: (Rare) Trailex Open Aluminum Car trailer