Car broken into..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Car broken into..

The rear passenger window in my Rover was blown out last night in Seattle by Amber. They ended up taking my fiances purse, which was hidden under the seat.

Can anyone recommend me a mobile window service that can put a new one in? Also need the thing tinted to match the other windows.

Thanks,
Bojan

Last edited by Seattle996; 04-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Our insurance sent us to Safelite. They were pretty good. Mine was a windshield though. I'd think if it was a rear and tinted by the factory, you'll want to go with an OEM rear piece. They can do that, but not sure how insurance will work. Sorry to hear the bad news.

BTW, I'll be emailing you today about your engagement photos....

Old 04-10-2011, 12:46 PM
ddigangi is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear about it man, hope insurance takes care of you

(just had my rear door kicked in a few weeks ago on the bimmer, people can be so horrible)

Old 04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
i cracked a windshield on my porsche and the insurance (USAA) said i was covered for a replacement but with aftermarket glass. i worked with the installer in redmond, sorry, i can't remember who, and he got the insurance company to pay in full for OEM glass.

i'm pretty sure they frequently do that little dance but you need to be persistent. of course, windshields are more commonly replaced so if you're lucky, there is not even an aftermarket option that is viable.

good luck.

brendo

Old 04-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you Brendo.. looks like I have to go through Land Rover because they fear the motor to the window may have to be adjusted along with the 'pinch protection', whatever that means..

Unreal..

Old 04-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear about that. I have never heard of a car being broken into in that area. Sad to hear that it happened with all the people that are always walking around that area..

Old 04-11-2011, 11:43 AM
FerRrari will become famous soon enough
That sucks Bojan, hopefully your insurance will just cover this.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 PM
BiggerApe is on a distinguished road
Belltown is notorious for that $hit! that's horrible man.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BiggerApe
Belltown is notorious for that $hit! that's horrible man.
Unless you are in a secure parking garage if down for the night out, punks walk around the parking areas with pen lights looking for anything that closely resembles money,, a quick pop out with a coat over it to minimize the breakage,,, and off they go.

Sorry about the loss Seattle996. Thieves suck.