Notices

Any Audiophiles?

Old 03-06-2014, 11:34 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
Interesting , I don't know anything about mojo , is it upgrade for Mac ? Is it that good ?

What type of digital output the mojo has , or is it the standard fiber ?

What speakers do you have ?

It looks like you spent many hours on system support very nice

Old 03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
gfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to all
The Mojo Audio upgraded Mini Mac connected via USB to the Esoteric D-01 is the best way I have ever heard music through my system.
I eliminates the need for a CD/Transport.
Been an audiophile for 20 years, and this is the best I have had so far!!
(See my earlier post of the complete system).
Thanks.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:30 AM
tb151 is on a distinguished road
Im getting back into audi after listening to some of the Kef'LS50's. I was amazed and am picking up a set this weekend!

Old 12-13-2014, 11:21 AM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gfroman View Post
The Mojo Audio upgraded Mini Mac connected via USB to the Esoteric D-01 is the best way I have ever heard music through my system.
I eliminates the need for a CD/Transport.
Been an audiophile for 20 years, and this is the best I have had so far!!
(See my earlier post of the complete system).
Thanks.
any updates with your super sonic system ?

Old 12-13-2014, 11:57 AM
gfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to allgfroman is a name known to all
I was going through some old pics of my various stereo rigs.
Thought it would be fun to show some of you who are interested in that type of obsessive hobby.

Here are some OLD system shots......

1981 - (Just after I moved to Austin after graduating Texas Tech)
My first real stereo was an SAE electronics rack similar to this one, along with some JBL Jubile speakers & Denon turntable.
Bought it for $2000 from a buddy of mine.

Year 1996

Genesis II.5 speakers, Spectral 180 amp and 20 preamp, MIT770 cables, Sony XA7es cd, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 Laserdisc, Sony SLV-R1000 S-VHS, Sony 65XBR tv.

Year 1999
Krell 20il digital, Pass Labs, Genesis 200 speakers

Next System was 2001 -
Pass Labs amp, Dynaudio Temptation speakers, Sony digital.

Next System was 2004 -
Aerial 20T speakers, Theta Digital amps and DA/Preamp

Current System -
Esoteric D-02, Ayre MXR amps, Oppo 105 DVD, Mojo Audio modded Mac-Mini with Joule Power Supply, Evolution Acoustics MM3 speakers.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Just added these amazing High Fidelity cables.
The most "Holographic" imaging and soundstage I have ever heard!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HighFidelityUR.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	409770   Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-1UltimateReferenceRhodium.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	409771   Click image for larger version

Name:	HFC ultimate interconnects.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	409773  
Old 01-05-2015, 07:42 PM
ryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok dude, you are insane!
I've been in audio since college - 1980. Just sold my ps audio perfect wave dac, which I thought was crap and got the new Sony hap z1es. Stunning difference. Rowland monoblock amps, preamp and Aerial 7b speakers (waiting for the 7t's to become affordable!).

Old 01-05-2015, 07:48 PM
ryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond reputeryem3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SevenSisters View Post
Amazing setup!!

We are looking to build a new home in the next 2-3 years, so I'm making notes now with regard to the design of a dedicated audio room. This would be for my 2-channel setup, rather than for HT. If anyone has advice or links to sites where I can read up, I'd appreciate the input. I'm fairly familiar with double-walled concepts and using acoustic drywall, etc. I'm thinking more along the lines of dimensions and other materials at this point...
Probably too late for you, but I built a dedicated room and it is totally soundproof. Not sure about acoustic drywall, but I had the inside of the walls sprayed with solid foam. It is incredibly quiet.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gfroman View Post
I was going through some old pics of my various stereo rigs.
Thought it would be fun to show some of you who are interested in that type of obsessive hobby.

Here are some OLD system shots......

1981 - (Just after I moved to Austin after graduating Texas Tech)
My first real stereo was an SAE electronics rack similar to this one, along with some JBL Jubile speakers & Denon turntable.
Bought it for $2000 from a buddy of mine.

Year 1996

Genesis II.5 speakers, Spectral 180 amp and 20 preamp, MIT770 cables, Sony XA7es cd, Pioneer Elite CLD-99 Laserdisc, Sony SLV-R1000 S-VHS, Sony 65XBR tv.

Year 1999
Krell 20il digital, Pass Labs, Genesis 200 speakers

Next System was 2001 -
Pass Labs amp, Dynaudio Temptation speakers, Sony digital.

Next System was 2004 -
Aerial 20T speakers, Theta Digital amps and DA/Preamp

Current System -
Esoteric D-02, Ayre MXR amps, Oppo 105 DVD, Mojo Audio modded Mac-Mini with Joule Power Supply, Evolution Acoustics MM3 speakers.

How often do you enjoy your ultra high def sound toys????

Old 09-11-2015, 07:19 PM
I i i i

Last edited by No32; 11-12-2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:03 AM
Faster48 is on a distinguished road
What a cool thread! As an owner of a custom audio video business this is right up my alley. There are some impressive systems here for sure but I doubt many pass the WAF factor..

Our clients always opt for hidden and discrete system with the exception of two channel listening rooms. Speaking of two channel, I'm personally stoked to see the resurgence in in-room speakers, vinyl, and analog in general.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:31 AM
theblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond reputetheblue has a reputation beyond repute
in room never went away, it was always just a different client base.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:04 AM
Faster48 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by theblue View Post
in room never went away, it was always just a different client base.
Of course it didn't but it definitely shrank with the popularity of the more discrete options and the advent of digital music. Now as we slowly but surely show the masses about the loss of fidelity with those same discrete and digital options it regains traction. At least that's what my last 15 years has shown.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:37 AM
Good to see the thread resurrected! I'm enjoying my relatively new Sony HAP digital audio player. Eliminated the Ethernet connection to a perfect wave DAC and makes much better music. Long live digital!