Just picked up my first pistol-Springfield Armory XD(M) .40 - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > General > Off Topic Forum
Reload this Page >

Just picked up my first pistol-Springfield Armory XD(M) .40

Just picked up my first pistol-Springfield Armory XD(M) .40

Old 10-22-2010, 03:29 PM
kaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura aboutkaotic504 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu View Post
Going from the Glock to the Springfield will require adjusting your aim to place a shot in the same place. The Springfield will shoot slightly down and to the left even though you have sighted it the same way as the Glock.

It is better to stick w/ all Glock or all Springfields if you want consistent accuracy.

adjust your grip and trigger pull. down and left is common for too much finger. just get used to the trigger. the trigger in an XD and in a Glock are MUCH different. therefore, you're pulling it. i have both, i prefer the Glock, my brother prefers the XD. i'll probably switch to M&P9c soon. that, is very similar to Glock for me.

but you're right, for consistency, i would stay within the same family of firearms, b/c the trigger will be similar.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Dr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond reputeDr_jitsu has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed, that is why I am going w/ a 21, 23, and 26 w/ grip extension to cover home, car, and eventually ccw.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu View Post
Agreed, that is why I am going w/ a 21, 23, and 26 w/ grip extension to cover home, car, and eventually ccw.
Well thought out system.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Hot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond repute
I used to have an XD9. Loved it. This was a couple of years ago. Our next one will likely be a 40 though. I loved the feel of the XD. Have not played with any of the newer guns though.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:39 PM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
Springfield's sights are 6 o'clock while glock isn't.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
thnxbabe has a spectacular aura aboutthnxbabe has a spectacular aura about
I am looking for my first gun - probably a 9 instead of .40 BUT

Why did you go with the M instead of the XD? Just curious.

I was pretty set on a Glock, until a friend pointed me toward Springfield. Will rent one at the range this weekend so I can try it myself.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:08 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by thnxbabe View Post
I am looking for my first gun - probably a 9 instead of .40 BUT

Why did you go with the M instead of the XD? Just curious.

I was pretty set on a Glock, until a friend pointed me toward Springfield. Will rent one at the range this weekend so I can try it myself.
Try out a glock too. I have a glock 23 and a couple of my friends have xd's I like my gun better, they like theirs better. For guns its not one fits all, test them and do whats right for you.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:45 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I have one of these as well and really enjoy it. The .45 version is pretty sweet too.

Here is mine next to my Wilson"ized" Rohrbaugh 9mm.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:51 PM
thnxbabe has a spectacular aura aboutthnxbabe has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by revracer View Post
Try out a glock too. I have a glock 23 and a couple of my friends have xd's I like my gun better, they like theirs better. For guns its not one fits all, test them and do whats right for you.
Rev - I was pretty set on a Glock 17, when a friend recommended I try the Springfield.

I haven't rented one yet, but my question is what is the difference between the XD and the XDM (aside from price)? I am a gun noob so "Match" doesn't really mean anything to me. Any reason to prefer an XDM over the XD for home defense?