Notices

Leland-West Insurance - anyone use them?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Leland-West Insurance - anyone use them?

I've been looking at the website for Leland West - an insurance company that's been endorsed by PCA. I like the idea of an agreed-amount policy based upon a mileage limit, etc., for my 1987 MB 560SL. Their quote was about half of what I am currently paying for standard coverage, and the limits of liability, deductible etc are the same.

I would appreciate hearing about anyone's experiences with this carrier. THANKS!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:05 PM
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Check if ur able to drive.the car other than car shows.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:01 AM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
FYI,
I am an insurance broker in Toledo. Definitely review the insuring contract as their policy is very restrictive.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Slik560 View Post
I've been looking at the website for Leland West - an insurance company that's been endorsed by PCA. I like the idea of an agreed-amount policy based upon a mileage limit, etc., for my 1987 MB 560SL. Their quote was about half of what I am currently paying for standard coverage, and the limits of liability, deductible etc are the same.

I would appreciate hearing about anyone's experiences with this carrier. THANKS!!!
I sell them to some of my clients but you have to make sure you qualify. Most important is that you cannot commute if the car is less than 7 years old and if the car is more than 7 years old no more than 2x per week. Other restrictions apply. Agreed Value plus they cover mods which is nice.

However, if the policy fits your needs it is a good way to save significant $$. PCA members save an additional 5% (approx.)

Old 09-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Westwood is on a distinguished road
I think they suck!

I applied after reading Panorama and filled out the questions they had. In a followup they pointed out that every "eligible" driver must have a daily driver. We have a Chevy Suburban for a daily driver. But only one...

My wife and I are both around 60. We both work out of our home. We had many cars in the past only to watch them devalue in the driveway and now at our age we finally agreed to sell one of the extras and the old 951 and pick up a Boxster again.

Well since we do not have a car for each of us to drive daily we are not eligible. I think the underwriters should look at each situation differently. We took the 3,000 mile per year minimum they offered, and truthfully doubt we would have driven it that much. We are both squeaky clean driving record wise, and yet no dice.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 PM
mto
mto will become famous soon enoughmto will become famous soon enough
Way to restrictive when I pursued them a few years ago.