6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Other British Cars (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/other-british-cars-118/)
-   -   Jaguar F-Type SVR (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/other-british-cars/405413-jaguar-f-type-svr.html)

57 GT2 03-31-2017 04:13 PM

Jaguar F-Type SVR

Anyone own one and want to comment?? Kevin

911Konigin 04-02-2017 09:19 AM

I have driven one and it was amazing - rides like a sedan, handles like a sports car and the sound will make you drool :D Hope you get one!

Razorsedge 06-22-2017 02:09 PM

I bought SVR convertible last month. So far so good. Very fast. Handling is adequate (much better than F Type R I test drove). Car feels larger than it is because of long hood. It certainly is an attention grabber (looks, exhaust sounds). Most people don't know what it is.

You can probably find a new 2017 SVR for $20K off sticker. Really a bargain when you consider how much car you are getting. Plus 5 year warranty. Certainly worth a look. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

FR500GT 06-22-2017 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Razorsedge (Post 4645497)
I bought SVR convertible last month. So far so good. Very fast. Handling is adequate (much better than F Type R I test drove). Car feels larger than it is because of long hood. It certainly is an attention grabber (looks, exhaust sounds). Most people don't know what it is.

You can probably find a new 2017 SVR for $20K off sticker. Really a bargain when you consider how much car you are getting. Plus 5 year warranty. Certainly worth a look. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Any future mod plans?

Razorsedge 06-23-2017 05:35 PM

Maybe a tune at some point. I hate to jeopardize warranty though.

brightoncorgi 09-20-2017 03:09 PM

Carbon Ceramic Brakes?

No manual offered in the SVR, right?

Deuuuce 09-20-2017 04:23 PM

Reviewed a pullied F-Type R while back and was really impressed. Took the wife in an SVR during WAJ Media Days and tracked it the next day. I really like it a lot and so did she. Very fast and I posted on my social media accounts me "blowing bubbles" with the exhaust with gentle throttle inputs. It's a fun car!

911Konigin 12-17-2017 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Razorsedge (Post 4645497)

When stopping to get gas, someone always comments - never fails :D

KevinRashford 09-17-2018 04:05 AM

Great one

Originally Posted by 57 GT2 (Post 4622472)
Anyone own one and want to comment?? Kevin

It was a great, to driven one of it
A strong, lightweight body, good in control and is the perfect model for a sports car.;)

sonies 03-28-2019 05:17 PM

Thinking of trading in my 2010 vantage manual for one of these... thoughts from any owners of both?

steve.rinaldi 01-24-2021 08:02 AM

I know this is an old post but I have a 2016 F Type R. My last toy car was a 2011 911 S and the cars are night and day different. The F Type is much more of a muscle car with a side of a sports car. Stock is 550hp and with a tune and pull you are looking at 650hp.

Alan A 04-12-2021 07:45 PM

SAJD51EE3JCK49858
red 18 f type

don’t buy this one.
it has damage despite the carfax - rear fender drivers side. Looks like someone slashed it with a machete.
also there were about a dozen magic tree in the trunk. Not sure why - I’d have guessed mold from a leak, but it seemed dry - the smell from them made you choke, and the armor all on the dash didn’t work for me.

If the dealer hadn’t been such a ****** I wouldn't have bothered posting this, but they were, so I did.
they couldn’t even be bothered to honor the appointment I made with them days earlier.
So consider this a psa.