Other Italian Supercars Alfa 8C, Pagani Zonda, Cizetta etc.

Stelvio reviews are good, but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 06:14 PM
6Speed Town Crier
Johnny Mayday will become famous soon enough
Stelvio reviews are good, but...

Think Alfa will last in the States? I just don't them succeeding. I mean, a lot of journalists have professed to love the new cars — like the review on the HP — but there have been notable reports of breakdowns and issues with the new Alfa product. Would you take a chance on one?

Old 07-07-2017, 06:22 PM
6Speed Town Crier
Johnny Mayday will become famous soon enough
I'd likely lease, but not buy, an Alfa product...

Old 10-23-2017, 05:09 PM
mpatrizio is on a distinguished road
I leased a Selvio Ti for my daily driver. I absolutely love it. The best way I can describe the balance, is that it feels eerily like the perfectly balanced E36 M3. The performance figures are similar to the E36 M3 as well.

The Alfa DNA drive mode selector is a game changer for me. The **** remains in whatever mode you're in when you shut the car off. No more, pressing a button or two to put the car in sport mode. The engine is very, very good for a 4 cylinder turbo. A flash tune will really wake it up. I'm getting 23.5mpg city and 28mpg highway, which is more than I could ever ask for a daily driver of this size and performance level.

I've owned all the performance SUV's and this Stelvio is right up there with my X5m, CTT, and AMG ML63, simply because of the handling dynamics. The Quad might be damn near perfect, but I can't justify having two cars with more than 500HP.

So far 3500 miles on mine and it's been damn near perfect.

The negatives:

- Sold by volume FCA dealers - They just don't know how to treat luxury consumers.
- Weird park distance sensors that stay active (and beeping) while the car is in park. (software fix supposedly on the way)
- Quirky voice controls to engage "Siri" on iPhone, but works once you figure it out.
- Auto Start-Stop can be annoying but can be disengaged, or you can learn to incorporate into your driving style.
- Exhaust note could use a little bit more snarl (easily remedied)
- Interior fit and finish is an 8.5 of 10, when compared to Porsche and BMW at 10 of 10.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:18 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mpatrizio
I leased a Selvio Ti for my daily driver. I absolutely love it. The best way I can describe the balance, is that it feels eerily like the perfectly balanced E36 M3. The performance figures are similar to the E36 M3 as well.

The Alfa DNA drive mode selector is a game changer for me. The **** remains in whatever mode you're in when you shut the car off. No more, pressing a button or two to put the car in sport mode. The engine is very, very good for a 4 cylinder turbo. A flash tune will really wake it up. I'm getting 23.5mpg city and 28mpg highway, which is more than I could ever ask for a daily driver of this size and performance level.

I've owned all the performance SUV's and this Stelvio is right up there with my X5m, CTT, and AMG ML63, simply because of the handling dynamics. The Quad might be damn near perfect, but I can't justify having two cars with more than 500HP.

So far 3500 miles on mine and it's been damn near perfect.

The negatives:

- Sold by volume FCA dealers - They just don't know how to treat luxury consumers.
- Weird park distance sensors that stay active (and beeping) while the car is in park. (software fix supposedly on the way)
- Quirky voice controls to engage "Siri" on iPhone, but works once you figure it out.
- Auto Start-Stop can be annoying but can be disengaged, or you can learn to incorporate into your driving style.
- Exhaust note could use a little bit more snarl (easily remedied)
- Interior fit and finish is an 8.5 of 10, when compared to Porsche and BMW at 10 of 10.
thinking about getting one of these as my daily too (coming from a CTT). Now that you’ve had it for few years, any updates thoughts, concerns, etc? Any mods?

Old 03-09-2019, 05:00 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Primarily wifes car but we go rid of her 08 CTT/modded and went with 19 stelvio sport. Feels lighter and handles as good … steering feel as good or even better...I know comparing a car 10 yrs apart but still. Needs more power esp compared to the cayenne but other than that we really like it so far. May do an tune and call it a day. Looks like tune makes it roughly 350/375 range which should make it fun

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.