6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Other Japanese Supercars (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/other-japanese-supercars-121/)
-   -   2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/other-japanese-supercars/106654-2008-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti.html)

ivory8 12-30-2007 10:36 PM

appearance wise the last version was my favorite. i dono, something about the split center grill really grew on me.

theprotest 12-31-2007 09:07 PM

Since the GC8 or 'classic' days, of which you guys in the states saw very little, the STi's have been getting heavier, and uglier. Look at the 'bugeye' embarrassment of 01/2... Then the ill fated 06 'pignose' design... they got rid of that pretty quick.

Wonder how long we'll have to look at this shape for?

Long live the LIBERTY!

They are actually marketing the new impreza as an 'accessory'. If that's not aiming it at female audience, I don't know what is?

With any luck, it will sell really well, and they can use some of the extra money - and all that money Toyota just plugged in (might have something to do with heading for a hatchback aimed at girls?) - to create something good again.

On a side note, JDM version STILL runs a 2L twin scroll, which is STILL better than the 2.5's we, the 'rest', get.

Cheers,
Nik

theprotest 01-08-2008 05:37 PM

Now, I know there is a lot to be said for having different drivers, and the Subaru driver does look to be the most aggressive even using the handbrake for turn in. But, again, this is the JDM 2L twin scroll variant.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=844C8Wnfjf8[/media]

We are all getting screwed with these 2.5's.

Cheers,
Nik

bprime 01-08-2008 07:25 PM

personally, I think the design is great. The bulging fenders brings it closer to it's WRC ran brother, very menacing.

Paris_CarreraS 01-08-2008 08:00 PM

I had the other version of the STI! what a car!
but these one is not a STI! looks like a compact family car!
I want to see it in person...

adybuncio 01-09-2008 12:30 AM

I like the car, looks much better in person as well

theprotest 01-09-2008 02:52 AM

I think something we should remember also, is that this car has never been a good looking car. It's been a car that provides exceptional performance for a very affordable price. Many said they would never buy another Subaru once the shots of the EvoX were introduced. Now? The Subaru is lighter, faster, bolted together better (arguable), and many are opting for the STi.

It's not a pretty car, but heck, it's not supposed to be.

Enilder 01-12-2008 09:25 PM

atm...evo x over new STI.
the only hold back from buying that evo x is the rear end.

bottomline 01-15-2008 10:55 PM

Wow stereo and floormats included!

DeMejico 01-26-2008 04:40 PM

I don't think this car would be all that bad for the money. After the huge depreciation it's gonna take in.... I can see them starting to give huge incentives after a couple of months... On the other hand, I think the evo is a hit. I personally don't like it, but it doesn't alienate their consumer base like the sti did.

Enilder 01-26-2008 05:05 PM

cars are getting uglier and uglier everyday.
sigh.

kre8ive 01-27-2008 01:01 PM

I'm fairly certain that is one of the ugliest cars I've seen next to the Aztec and El Camino. They should have kept it a 4 door. The Legacy is the Subaru to own now anyway. And Subaru is leaking info that there are going to do a Legacy STI. That will be a car to have as the current Legacy is a great car.

+1 on the EVO looking MUCH MUCH better.

vtgts300kw 01-27-2008 02:34 PM

I like the look of the 'roo. Wait till you see one in the metal. Also there s finally a STi that can walk a EVO ( beats it by almost 1 second to 100kmh )

JayWild 01-27-2008 07:10 PM

Wow. It looks like the Ford Focus mated with the Lexus RX330. I, certainly, don't like how they've abandoned the original styling so much.

Disappointing. Lost it's aggressiveness, distinctive style.

RFFG 01-27-2008 07:55 PM

I like it, maybe I'm biased because I owned an STI (2004)...

The pictures don't do it justice...check it out in person, see and feel the presence that the cars had, then judge...

By all means, not everyone is going to like it...