6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/185688-retrofit-panamera-turbo-rear-spoiler-panamera-panamera-s.html)

Geo3 09-15-2009 04:08 PM

Retrofit of Panamera Turbo Rear Spoiler on Panamera or Panamera S?

Wondering if a "flip-out" Turbo rear spoiler can be fitted in place of the Panamera or Panamera S rear spoiler?

Looks like it takes up the same folded space, so should just be a simple purchase of a Turbo spoiler, with mechanism, which should slot into same area.

Geo3 09-22-2009 06:09 AM

bump

2Sick2Quit 09-22-2009 06:18 AM

Interesting question, guess there aren't too many owners on here yet.

sumat 09-22-2009 06:55 PM

hopefully a tuner will come out with a tasteful rear wing.

wnshie 09-12-2012 05:52 AM

I found out in China they have worked out a way to retrofit a turbo spoiler on the lower models, costs below US$3000, and since they modified the mechanism of the oem turbo spoiler, the installation doesn't require a reprogramming, here is a link to the video (notice it's a Panamer 4):
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzEwNzkxOTk2.html
FYI. I ain't the shop, I'm also looking into the possibility of this and planning on driving to a shop also provides this and located closer down south near Hong Kong.

dlss23 09-12-2012 10:48 AM

hey wnshie, its nice to see someone from HK on 6speedonline, I own a P4S in HK too and is also looking for the turbo spoiler retrofit. However as far as I know, there aren't any yet.

JMC8 09-12-2012 11:33 AM

search the forum, i read a post earlier this year one guy in Europe did it and it was pain in the butt because of the programing issue, maybe the video above found solution to this but for the cost and time needed, i dont think its worth it.... i say get the TechArt Grand GT Spoiler, that thing is sick!!

wnshie 09-13-2012 10:01 AM

diss23, hi there! No, it's not avail in HK, it's from China, I got in contact with the shop, he claims it's merely a plug n play, I am now discussing with him the details regarding delivery.

JMC8 09-13-2012 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by wnshie (Post 3639851)
diss23, hi there! No, it's not avail in HK, it's from China, I got in contact with the shop, he claims it's merely a plug n play, I am now discussing with him the details regarding delivery.

I will be interested if they can ship to USA?

mas8002mi 09-26-2012 03:17 AM

any update on this?

dlss23 09-26-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by wnshie (Post 3639851)

Any update about the turbo spoiler? I really doubt its merely plug and play, i remember there is one 4s owner in this forum said the car needs to program as "turbo"... but i am very interest to know the result, perhaps if you are doing the retofit of the turbo spoiler in HK, I am very interest to do this together.

Btw, what wheel do you use?

wnshie 09-27-2012 09:39 PM

I am kinda busy with my own business right now, after the Moon Festival, I will move on with this project. diss23, sure, as a fellow HK, I will let you know first hand ;).

Regarding the reprogramming of the Panny, I asked the person in charge in details over quite a few emails back and forth, he promised as a fact that:

1) it will work and his company will stand by it and they have done quite a few Pannies since 2009
2) he assured me NO reprogramming is required on the Panny, and I can be there to make sure of it
3) they WON'T send the modified Turbo Spoiler out directly, they would only send the oem unmodified Turbo Spoiler out even if I am willing to pay the difference
4) the installation takes roughly 2-3 hours of dissembling and reassembling time

so, the only thing he didn't reveal to me was how they mod the OEM Turbo Spoiler, since they obviously treat it like some business secrets... :o

I will keep you posted.

dlss23 09-28-2012 09:41 PM

THanks for the information :D

so the "trick" is to mod the spoiler to do the flip out action, instead of reprogramming the car, just plug and play, it sounds very strict forward.

The person you are dealing with, where is his shop locate in China? Shengzhen or Gongzhou? Do you think it is possible to ask their technican to come to Hong Kong for a day with their modified turbo spoilers and installed on our cars together. We can share all the extra expenses.

I went to your album saw you have diff exhaust, is that the ksg or ak?

Originally Posted by wnshie (Post 3651527)
I am kinda busy with my own business right now, after the Moon Festival, I will move on with this project. diss23, sure, as a fellow HK, I will let you know first hand ;).

Regarding the reprogramming of the Panny, I asked the person in charge in details over quite a few emails back and forth, he promised as a fact that:

1) it will work and his company will stand by it and they have done quite a few Pannies since 2009
2) he assured me NO reprogramming is required on the Panny, and I can be there to make sure of it
3) they WON'T send the modified Turbo Spoiler out directly, they would only send the oem unmodified Turbo Spoiler out even if I am willing to pay the difference
4) the installation takes roughly 2-3 hours of dissembling and reassembling time

so, the only thing he didn't reveal to me was how they mod the OEM Turbo Spoiler, since they obviously treat it like some business secrets... :o

I will keep you posted.

mas8002mi 10-18-2012 07:21 AM

really interested in this..... any updates?

wnshie 10-18-2012 08:55 AM

mas8002mi, sorry buddy, not yet, I'm trying something soon thou...