Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The “Ugly’ Porsche

Old 10-25-2009, 01:23 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
The “Ugly’ Porsche

Both my wife and I test drove the cars, she loves it. And it is growing on me aside from a few very awkward angle. Mainly the side, 3/4 front, and back profile. I took at a very close look at the front treatment on S, 4S, and turbo this past weekend. I LOVE the look of the turbo, the S looks a little cheap, even if I paint it the body color. The 4S is OK with the silver slats, but the turbo is much much more aggressive. Without any need for the additional 100 HP, what can I do? That is a lot of $ just for the lower bumper treatment, I got some feedback from my post on putting turbo bumper on 4S.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM
knicks will become famous soon enough
You could always buy the 2S or 4S then wait until an aftermarket bodykit, or until stock turbo bumper's are sold. Good luck waiting for that

Old 10-25-2009, 02:41 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
the S/4S bumper is nice looking. it isn`t as aggressive but it is nice.
so just wait and be patient till u get a cheaper TT bumber on the aftermarket.
the longer u wait the cheaper u will get one, easy peasy.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:05 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Afroman
You could always buy the 2S or 4S then wait until an aftermarket bodykit, or until stock turbo bumper's are sold. Good luck waiting for that
Maybe I will check with the dealer to see if they can order the bumper and lights and out it on. Not trying to past the S/4S as turbo, just like that font grill. Not sure all the wiring will work as an easy swap. Not even sure if the dealer will do stuff like that, so they wouldn’t **** those who drive the turbo off.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:34 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Anything is possible. I have completed a full 100% 997GT3RS conversion to a 996GT3. I would go for the 2S or 4S and coordinate with a local body shop. Porsche will have these easily available and an easy swap as light harness is most likely the same.. It is much better looking.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:37 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by vanquishv12
Anything is possible. I have completed a full 100% 997GT3RS conversion to a 996GT3. I would go for the 2S or 4S and coordinate with a local body shop. Porsche will have these easily available and an easy swap as light harness is most likely the same.. It is much better looking.
I think so too, if I needed that 500 HP, I will spend the $. I am sure they can order the lower front turbo bumper for me, question is how much ; D

Old 10-25-2009, 04:47 PM
vanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to beholdvanquishv12 is a splendid one to behold
Thats is an issue. But obviously much less than the turbo. And something that you will always appreciate when its in your garage. The turbo won't provide that satisfaction if its not used. So I feel the from bumper is better spent. Actually I feel 350-400 HP is sufficient for typical driving of this type of car. You'll enjoy the appearence of the turbo bumper daily. Not so with the 500 HP. [Although I need 500 HP because I'm always late to my meetings]

Old 10-25-2009, 06:49 PM
mdc
Thats is an issue. But obviously much less than the turbo. And something that you will always appreciate when its in your garage. The turbo won't provide that satisfaction if its not used. So I feel the from bumper is better spent. Actually I feel 350-400 HP is sufficient for typical driving of this type of car. You'll enjoy the appearence of the turbo bumper daily. Not so with the 500 HP. [Although I need 500 HP because I'm always late to my meetings]
I am thinking the same thing, the front is wut I will see first a few times a day in the garage. it has to be close to perfect. The visual is what I enjoy most. Being OCD on design and details, the S/4S will keep me awake at night. That is why I try to figure out some alternatives. This not to say the treatment of S/4S is bad. I been trying to work it out in my head if the $30 +/- is worth to get the turbo. The same options on S/4S cost more than the turbo, and some are standard. Depending on how I spec it out, the 4S come to 120+, the turbo is $145.

I am not an aero kit kind of guy, so not trying to pass this as a turbo or an upper model. This will be interesting, a little challenge. Maybe I will get a CL, wait, that only has two door, and not very exciting.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't see you as trying to pass it off as a Turbo what so ever. Simply correcting sometthing to your preference. Now if you switched I.D. then your playing games. Aero and aftermarket items seem to always bulk up a car. This car cannot afford such. Not crazy about some of the decoration on the car. Looks like it was taken straight from an Infiniti FX or Mitsubishi EVO.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:34 PM
mdc
I don't see you as trying to pass it off as a Turbo what so ever. Simply correcting sometthing to your preference. Now if you switched I.D. then your playing games. Aero and aftermarket items seem to always bulk up a car. This car cannot afford such. Not crazy about some of the decoration on the car. Looks like it was taken straight from an Infiniti FX or Mitsubishi EVO.
I really did not like those side vent. To me, the black plastic parts looks cheap on the S, visually, it is not consistence with the rest of the build quality. I think painting that as body color might help a little. The turbo has the vent in painted aluminum color, not crazy about that details either. As for the lower front, painting any of the black plastic as body color is not going to work. I prefer the 997 front not painted because it looks more aggressive. If I do not need 4 doors, I would much prefer the 2010 turbo coupe. ; D

Old 10-25-2009, 10:02 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
MDC -
If you love the Turbo then that's the one . Anything else that you get will still cost a lot of money and no matter what you do to make it Turbo like it won't be the same.
Just wait until the "gottahaveit" buyer frenzy subsides . Ina few months no one will line up to buy 150K Turbo sedans and that's when you can get a discount or even a CPO car.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
I grew up with 2 door autos since my folks would never think of buying a four door. [All those Muscle Cars/it was the 60s-70s.] I also managed two kids and all their stuff with two door coupes. A 911 is to tight but I'm sure the new 928 will be on spot. [It worked well for me and two kids] Unless you have a need to hall adults around such as a realtor then I see no need. Also its such a waste of car to use it as a taxi. Thats why I'm unsure why this car exists and feel its a short term market. A bit to hip and trendy. [Its as pratical as a H2 when considering its intent vs real world use.] Although much better looking. I'm actually planning for a Fisker Karma. Same price as the Panamera. Spent some time with the reps and prototype this past summer. Its a four door but won't be my everyday driver. Its Aston Martin pretty too.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:07 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by yrralis1
MDC -
If you love the Turbo then that's the one . Anything else that you get will still cost a lot of money and no matter what you do to make it Turbo like it won't be the same.
Just wait until the "gottahaveit" buyer frenzy subsides . Ina few months no one will line up to buy 150K Turbo sedans and that's when you can get a discount or even a CPO car.
there is no line at the moment ; D but you are right, it is best to wait for a few months and see how it does.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 PM
mdc
I grew up with 2 door autos since my folks would never think of buying a four door. [All those Muscle Cars/it was the 60s-70s.] I also managed two kids and all their stuff with two door coupes. A 911 is to tight but I'm sure the new 928 will be on spot. [It worked well for me and two kids] Unless you have a need to hall adults around such as a realtor then I see no need. Also its such a waste of car to use it as a taxi. Thats why I'm unsure why this car exists and feel its a short term market. A bit to hip and trendy. [Its as pratical as a H2 when considering its intent vs real world use.] Although much better looking. I'm actually planning for a Fisker Karma. Same price as the Panamera. Spent some time with the reps and prototype this past summer. Its a four door but won't be my everyday driver. Its Aston Martin pretty too.
I do need a 4 door family car. Never thought of it as a taxi, but that is pretty good-the Porsche Taxi.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Sorry for that Taxi thing. That would be the E class.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The “Ugly’ Porsche