Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocating Rear hatch closing button

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Relocating Rear hatch closing button

Possible to relocate the rear hatch closing button to the center console?

i notice on the panamera could only open from the driver seat and not closing it.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
interesting idea you could also apply to the cayenne - but if you are opening it to either put something in yourself or have someone else do that - why can't you just use the close button at that time?

now if you opened it by accident it would help but that isn't likely to occur that much.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Crea
Possible to relocate the rear hatch closing button to the center console?

i notice on the panamera could only open from the driver seat and not closing it.
it adds weight. dont do it!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
well i need it cuz I'll be using the car for hk/china traveling and now they require each vehicle to open its hatch for inspection each time we go thru... using a remote location switch will mean I won't have to jump out the car to open and to close the stupid hatch everytime.... its not fun when its pouring rain outside....stupid communist policy

it has become a must have option for cross border cars LOL

Old 03-08-2019, 08:37 PM
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Crea
well i need it cuz I'll be using the car for hk/china traveling and now they require each vehicle to open its hatch for inspection each time we go thru... using a remote location switch will mean I won't have to jump out the car to open and to close the stupid hatch everytime.... its not fun when its pouring rain outside....stupid communist policy

it has become a must have option for cross border cars LOL
Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread but do we have any update on this? Need to open/close rear hatch as well due to very similar reasons you've stated Can I run a wire from the rear trunk switch to the dash and put a toggle switch?

Old 03-09-2019, 12:47 AM
vkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 970.2. The rear hatch button on the driver’s door will also close the hatch. You need to push and HOLD the button depressed until the hatch closes fully. Hope this works for you.

I learned about this feature on this forum a few years ago when I first got the car. Don’t think it’s even in the manual. It’s probably one of handiest things I’ve learned from fellow 6Speedsters! Good luck!

Old 03-09-2019, 06:09 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I dont think pushing and holding button works.
With hatch closed, push and hold and hatch opens.
With hatch open, push and hold does nothing.

Would be super nice to have a way to close the hatch from car. Anyone can help will be awesome.

Originally Posted by vkb123
I have a 970.2. The rear hatch button on the driver’s door will also close the hatch. You need to push and HOLD the button depressed until the hatch closes fully. Hope this works for you.

I learned about this feature on this forum a few years ago when I first got the car. Don’t think it’s even in the manual. It’s probably one of handiest things I’ve learned from fellow 6Speedsters! Good luck!

Old 03-09-2019, 07:57 AM
vkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond reputevkb123 has a reputation beyond repute
Works on my ‘14 970.2. Wondering if this is the case for others or if my car is “special”! I have Entry & Drive and not sure if this makes a difference? Can anyone else with a 970.2 chime in? Others with 970.1 and 971 please jump in as well.
Thanks.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:23 AM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
confirming that it works on my 970.2. have to have the ignition on, and hold button down for the close cycle to complete. if i let up on the button it stops closing. not unlike using the spoiler manually.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:55 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Agreed 970.2 press and hold the button and the hatch closes.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:16 AM
2010 Panamera S. Not sure if its a 970, 970.1 or .2 maybe its 970 (best guess). Nothing happens on long press of button on the driver's door. Need to push the button located on the rear hatch to cloae it...everytime Pls see video...

Should I run the long wire from the rear hatch button and place a toggle switch somewhere on the dash? Seems like it's the only solution for now

Old 03-10-2019, 09:47 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
My 2010 is the same way, sounds like your'e going to have to run wire

Old 03-11-2019, 08:54 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Just an idea but perhaps the button and functionality of the 970.2 model can be programmed in the previous models. Check with the dealer maybe it’s a part to add or just reprogramming.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:09 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Just checked my 2018 Panny T. The door switch control unit has an open and a close button for the rear hatch. The close button does need to he held down until the hatch locks Both buttons work.

Last edited by mziegler38; 03-12-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: error
Old 03-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by DogWood
My 2010 is the same way, sounds like your'e going to have to run wire
Thanks DogWood. Ordered this online and will install somewhere reachable under the dash. Will update you guys when I do the DIY...

wish me luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Relocating Rear hatch closing button