6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   Relocating Rear hatch closing button (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/192368-relocating-rear-hatch-closing-button.html)

Crea 11-12-2009 11:49 PM

Relocating Rear hatch closing button

Possible to relocate the rear hatch closing button to the center console?

i notice on the panamera could only open from the driver seat and not closing it.

Cpa4S 11-14-2009 05:58 PM

interesting idea you could also apply to the cayenne - but if you are opening it to either put something in yourself or have someone else do that - why can't you just use the close button at that time?

now if you opened it by accident it would help but that isn't likely to occur that much.

Enilder 11-14-2009 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Crea (Post 2617971)
Possible to relocate the rear hatch closing button to the center console?

i notice on the panamera could only open from the driver seat and not closing it.

it adds weight. dont do it!!! hilarious

Crea 11-16-2009 12:10 PM

well i need it cuz I'll be using the car for hk/china traveling and now they require each vehicle to open its hatch for inspection each time we go thru... using a remote location switch will mean I won't have to jump out the car to open and to close the stupid hatch everytime.... its not fun when its pouring rain outside....stupid communist policy :mad:

it has become a must have option for cross border cars LOL

fullmetaljacket 03-08-2019 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Crea (Post 2620158)
well i need it cuz I'll be using the car for hk/china traveling and now they require each vehicle to open its hatch for inspection each time we go thru... using a remote location switch will mean I won't have to jump out the car to open and to close the stupid hatch everytime.... its not fun when its pouring rain outside....stupid communist policy :mad:

it has become a must have option for cross border cars LOL

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread but do we have any update on this? Need to open/close rear hatch as well due to very similar reasons you've stated :( Can I run a wire from the rear trunk switch to the dash and put a toggle switch?

vkb123 03-09-2019 12:47 AM

I have a 970.2. The rear hatch button on the driver’s door will also close the hatch. You need to push and HOLD the button depressed until the hatch closes fully. Hope this works for you.

I learned about this feature on this forum a few years ago when I first got the car. Don’t think it’s even in the manual. It’s probably one of handiest things I’ve learned from fellow 6Speedsters! Good luck!

ciaka 03-09-2019 06:09 AM

I dont think pushing and holding button works.
With hatch closed, push and hold and hatch opens.
With hatch open, push and hold does nothing.

Would be super nice to have a way to close the hatch from car. Anyone can help will be awesome.

Originally Posted by vkb123 (Post 4770546)
I have a 970.2. The rear hatch button on the driver’s door will also close the hatch. You need to push and HOLD the button depressed until the hatch closes fully. Hope this works for you.

I learned about this feature on this forum a few years ago when I first got the car. Don’t think it’s even in the manual. It’s probably one of handiest things I’ve learned from fellow 6Speedsters! Good luck!

vkb123 03-09-2019 07:57 AM

Works on my ‘14 970.2. Wondering if this is the case for others or if my car is “special”! I have Entry & Drive and not sure if this makes a difference? Can anyone else with a 970.2 chime in? Others with 970.1 and 971 please jump in as well.
Thanks.

cbwinters01 03-09-2019 08:23 AM

confirming that it works on my 970.2. have to have the ignition on, and hold button down for the close cycle to complete. if i let up on the button it stops closing. not unlike using the spoiler manually.

LGARCIA 03-09-2019 08:55 PM

Agreed 970.2 press and hold the button and the hatch closes.

fullmetaljacket 03-10-2019 10:16 AM

2010 Panamera S. Not sure if its a 970, 970.1 or .2 maybe its 970 (best guess). Nothing happens on long press of button on the driver's door. Need to push the button located on the rear hatch to cloae it...everytime :( Pls see video...

Should I run the long wire from the rear hatch button and place a toggle switch somewhere on the dash? Seems like it's the only solution for now :(

DogWood 03-10-2019 09:47 PM

My 2010 is the same way, sounds like your'e going to have to run wire

LGARCIA 03-11-2019 08:54 PM

Just an idea but perhaps the button and functionality of the 970.2 model can be programmed in the previous models. Check with the dealer maybe it’s a part to add or just reprogramming.

mziegler38 03-12-2019 09:09 AM

Just checked my 2018 Panny T. The door switch control unit has an open and a close button for the rear hatch. The close button does need to he held down until the hatch locks Both buttons work.

fullmetaljacket 03-12-2019 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by DogWood (Post 4770766)
My 2010 is the same way, sounds like your'e going to have to run wire

Thanks DogWood. Ordered this online and will install somewhere reachable under the dash. Will update you guys when I do the DIY...

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...1b26b803cd.jpg
wish me luck :)