6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   My PCM keeps rebooting (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/197399-my-pcm-keeps-rebooting.html)

Naski 05-28-2021 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by boatrush (Post 4836562)
ATTENTION TO ALL!!
Talked to my dealership multiple time about PCM reboot that started yesterday evening.
Bob in Louisville (Nice guy in service) stated "XM Sat Radio put out an update that is causing ALL Porsche cars with PCM to have this reboot ever 2 min"!! I won't bore you with to many detail, but from what I know about how XM sends updates, I believe it!!!
My indi shop in Lex KY is also getting lots of calls... THIS IS GOING TO BE A MESS!! Cut off your XM antennas before it's to late!!! JUST JOKING .....
BTW.. My first post.... and I just got my first Panamera this month (2012 4S with 55k miles)... Best car ever made so far!! (if I can keep XM out of my system :D)...

Good luck to all!!!

Originally Posted by mto (Post 4836622)
Happened to me first time today. Anyone know when Sirus will send a fix?

Initially thought was Bluetooth from my iPhone, as they had a software update last night.

Just change the PSM Hardisc platte and its all done. All other things are nust theories that takes you to nowhere. This is the the fixing result: open psm,change hardisc platte with new one and thats it. Byeeee

shrike071 05-28-2021 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Naski (Post 4878036)
Just change the PSM Hardisc platte and its all done. All other things are nust theories that takes you to nowhere. This is the the fixing result: open psm,change hardisc platte with new one and thats it. Byeeee

That only works if the problem was your hard drive. For others, the issue is not the drive.

Naski 05-28-2021 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by shrike071 (Post 4878059)
That only works if the problem was your hard drive. For others, the issue is not the drive.

Rebooting is the problem of HardDisc. I am talking of my experience. The Distributors will tell you to change PSM or something. Change Hardisc and you or others will see the result. Thankssssss

Nikita4Ever 05-28-2021 06:24 PM

My problem was directly from Sirius XM sending the stupid update over the air. Once I canceled Sirius, problem solved. No more rebooting every two minutes.

shrike071 05-29-2021 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Naski (Post 4878069)
Rebooting is the problem of HardDisc. I am talking of my experience. The Distributors will tell you to change PSM or something. Change Hardisc and you or others will see the result. Thankssssss

Rebooting for most people was not because of a bad hard drive. It's because XM sent an update that corrupted the bootloader and sent the device into a bootloop. My car was bootlooping and was fixed by calling XM and having them not send the update to my car. No more problem and its been a year.

Thanksssss Byeeee