6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   Panamera Turbo Value (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/218318-panamera-turbo-value.html)

JAX GT3 07-27-2010 03:44 AM

Panamera Turbo Value

My dealer will have a TURBO available shortly with 12,000 miles. It was an early build in Yachting Blue, both exterior and interior. I don't know the build options but likely was pretty loaded.

What would be its selling price? MSRP was likely ~$150K. My thought was ~$115K

Thanks

cohenfive 07-27-2010 08:26 AM

i'm no expert on these cars, but you don't really seem far off the mark to me. very little data out there, and on ebay nothing has actually sold. used turbos haven't been garnering bids much above the low $100's but the asking prices are too high as well. given the big discounts, a new one probably trades around a 10% discount, so you are taking another $20k off in depreciation/mileage..again doesn't sound unreasonable but take it for what it's worth...bid low, you can only move in one direction! beautiful color combination by the way!

medici78 07-27-2010 10:47 AM

$115k may be wishful thinking at this point, even with 12k miles, IMO. Give it a shot, but I think it's too early.

AvusRS6 07-27-2010 10:57 AM

My guess is that they probably bought the car for low $100s, but will likely try to get $120s.

medici78 07-27-2010 02:58 PM

Watch out for options. I came across what looked like a steal on a Panamera Turbo in the $120's. Well optioned with msrp of $150K+. Everything looked great until I noticed they strategically photographed the dash so as to not show whether or not it had Sport Chrono. Very sneaky...
The dead giveaway was the Sport+ console button was missing. :p

falb 07-27-2010 10:44 PM

The Yachting Blue launch cars were designed to be soft luxury turbos, no PDCC, no sport chrono, no carbon brakes. Nice cars, just no edgy options.

medici78 07-28-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by falb (Post 2923961)
The Yachting Blue launch cars were designed to be soft luxury turbos, no PDCC, no sport chrono, no carbon brakes. Nice cars, just no edgy options.

Gotcha. I can't imagine owning a Panamera Turbo without sport chrono, though.

PCH 07-28-2010 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by JAX GT3 (Post 2923062)
My dealer will have a TURBO available shortly with 12,000 miles. It was an early build in Yachting Blue, both exterior and interior. I don't know the build options but likely was pretty loaded.

What would be its selling price? MSRP was likely ~$150K. My thought was ~$115K

Thanks

If this one is void of the more desirable options such as, Sport Chrono, PCCB, and Burmester I'd say you were spot on.

JAX GT3 07-31-2010 07:47 PM

Bought the Turbo

I bought it today. It has the Burmester, Adaptive Cruise, Ventilated Seats X4, Thermal Glass, Park Assist Camera, 4 Zone AC, Rear Lgth Package, 8 way power rear seats, XM, and more Only missing the Sport Chrono, which I would have loved to have! But the price seemed reasonable. Turbo in wonderful condition, serviced, new tires.
It was a PCNA car. Got a fair deal.

Cheers, JohnnyB

ophtho 08-01-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by JAX GT3 (Post 2927988)
I bought it today. It has the Burmester, Adaptive Cruise, Ventilated Seats X4, Thermal Glass, Park Assist Camera, 4 Zone AC, Rear Lgth Package, 8 way power rear seats, XM, and more Only missing the Sport Chrono, which I would have loved to have! But the price seemed reasonable. Turbo in wonderful condition, serviced, new tires.
It was a PCNA car. Got a fair deal.

Cheers, JohnnyB

Congrats!!! BTW, what's the "Rear Lgth Package"?

JAX GT3 08-01-2010 01:30 PM

Oops

Rear Interior Lighting Package.

I am having the windows tinted by the dealer and new tires . Should be cleaned and prep'd for delivery on Tuesday.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences on this forum.

It is one of the higher mileage Turbo's known by the dealer. He has another at 12,000 miles. No issues noted.

Cheers, JohnnyB

falb 08-02-2010 01:46 PM

Congrats and post pix please

sid_vicious 08-02-2010 02:25 PM

Since this thread was about price, curious approx where did you settle?

JAX GT3 08-02-2010 05:50 PM

Backed out of Deal

Curious turn of events.

I got uncomfortable with the options on this Comfort Turbo. No Sport Chrono. Had the European Wireless Handset in the Center Console that accepts SIM cards, ie No Bluetooth Phone Capability.

I backed out of this deal.

Bought a March Build new Panamera Turbo; Which I'll post about later.

falb 08-02-2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JAX GT3 (Post 2929746)
Curious turn of events.

I got uncomfortable with the options on this Comfort Turbo. No Sport Chrono. Had the European Wireless Handset in the Center Console that accepts SIM cards, ie No Bluetooth Phone Capability.

I backed out of this deal.

Bought a March Build new Panamera Turbo; Which I'll post about later.

Sounds like you made the right decision. Those are the things that would bug me to no end. ---can you say launch control!