6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   Who has the highest mileage on a Panamera? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/239857-who-has-highest-mileage-panamera.html)

ThunderRolls 03-23-2011 01:31 PM

Who has the highest mileage on a Panamera?

I thought I would throw this out ... maybe we could keep tabs on this periodically since this is a new model and I am interested in knowing what issues may come with mileage.

I bought my 2011 in Feb, and I now have 4,000 miles on it. I have seen 2010's with mileage in the $20k range for sale already.

Who here has really put the miles on their Panamera and have you experienced any issues?

dadc4s 03-23-2011 09:25 PM

2010 Panamera 4S, delivered April, 2010,
now almost 1 year old, just passed 13k miles total. Absolutely no problems. My daily driver and only car, snow tires got me through a brutal winter with no problems. Love this car.

NDP23 03-23-2011 09:30 PM

I got mine in Jan 2011...only have 1k miles :(

ophtho 03-24-2011 08:15 AM

I got my Turbo in late August it's my DD and it's got wait for it, wait for it, wait for it almost 16k miles on it. I've been to Canada, NC twice, Charleston and skiing 3 times. The thing is a beast!!!

JAX GT3 03-24-2011 03:38 PM

11,600 miles

Got mine on 29 Nov 2009. Now has 11,600 miles. No problems.

Cheers, JohnnyB

Richfield 03-25-2011 10:57 PM

Mileage

Got my PTT in April 2010. Daily driver + one road trip from Denver to Washington state, and I'm sitting at 17k miles. No problems at all. Great car, love it.

Deezflip 03-12-2019 08:39 PM

*BUMP, anyone with updates?
anyone with +100k miles? approaching 200k miles maybe?

Quoting a few from the other threads, 84k, 100k, etc...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml

Originally Posted by thegzaa (Post 4149268)
I have about 84,000 miles on my Panamera S. It should be obvious I drive A LOT. First off I'd like to say this car is a beast. No major problems at all. The only things that have been costly is the maintenance. I feared problems would develop after reaching high 70k's, but everything has been great. The only problems I've had is replacing the locking module in the front passenger door. It stopped locking (probably due to my OCD of locking my car 3x before leaving the parking lot) but the problem was fixed by posrche. The cost of that was about $500. The final problem was my car battery. Over time the ignition would sound like it was having problems. Sometimes the car wouldn't even start until the second try. Got a brand new battery for $200 cheaper than Champion from a buddy of mine that works in parts distribution. Installed it myself and voila. This thing fires up faster than I can remember. So in the end this car is extremely reliable.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...00k-miles.html

Originally Posted by ophtho (Post 4401615)
Just thought I would chime in and let you all know how life has been with my 2010 Panny Turbo. I use it as my DD. Let me start by saying this; the extended warranty is a must have. In order of most recent I had the following:

PSM Failure...covered...high priced item
Air box...not covered...it rusted but I use to live in the mountains of PA when I first purchased the car.
CV joints...covered...high priced item
dropped a cylinder...covered...high priced item

These have all occurred in the last 6 mos.

Before then under the original 50k warranty i think I may have had one issue but it was rock solid otherwise with the major systems. I've had the usual "campaign" related fixes that included new brake pads and software updates and hardware changes.

The hydraulic suspension is the only item that's giving me pause. I'm dreading the day that goes out. I'm considering a AAA extended warranty that will kick in at 100K miles but since this will no longer be my daily driver soon I'm debating. Hendrick Autoguard covers things the manufactures extended warranty doesn't. I highly recommend it.

Overall reliability I'd give the the car 7.5 out of 10. Fun to drive it's a 10. My wife's P85D is more fun. I'm patiently waiting on the Mission E to get some pay back!hilarious

Deezflip 03-14-2019 11:37 AM

No one? Don't be shy..hilarious

Some high miles for sale, it would be nice to know owner's experience however...

2011 Panamera S 139k mi
2010 Panamera 4S 137k mi
2011 Panamera 4 135k mi
2013 Panamera GTS 105k mi
2013 Panamera Turbo 104k mi
2012 Panamera Turbo S 101k mi

nvrsetl 03-14-2019 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Deezflip (Post 4771500)
No one? Don't be shy..hilarious

Some high miles for sale, it would be nice to know owner's experience however...

2011 Panamera S 139k mi
2010 Panamera 4S 137k mi
2011 Panamera 4 135k mi
2013 Panamera GTS 105k mi
2013 Panamera Turbo 104k mi
2012 Panamera Turbo S 101k mi

I second this. Looking to buy a higher mileage Turbo and would like to know owners insight.

tastefulmod 03-14-2019 03:24 PM

2011 panamera base w/85k. Besides maintenance, I have replaced:
- headlight switch
- intake manifold
- AOS
- Lower control arm bushings.
- upper control arm bushings need replacing as well as the rear bushings.
- and now the right rear door latch needs replacing.

so not too many problems. hopefully nothing too major comes up.

ciaka 03-14-2019 09:39 PM

You must take your Panamera to take out trash to the edge of driveway only, with that mileage.

Originally Posted by NDP23 (Post 3157644)
I got mine in Jan 2011...only have 1k miles :(

ciaka 03-14-2019 09:42 PM

It will be difficult for anyone to give you their story as they do not want you to make your mind based on their experience. Cars are like women, look alike but under the hood, it is all unique. Just as maintenance intensive - well, not the Panameras though.
I have PTT, 87k now. Loving every second. No issues, but made sure to maintain everything on schedule. Keep your eyes, ears, nose and gut feeling open for any sign of anything, then investigate. Loving this car a lot. Good luck on yours if you get one.

Originally Posted by nvrsetl (Post 4771512)
I second this. Looking to buy a higher mileage Turbo and would like to know owners insight.

mrwilliamsburg 03-15-2019 09:27 AM

2013 Panamera Turbo with almost 59K miles. Replaced most of the air suspension system (front air struts, air compressor, expansion tank, valve block, and associated hardware) and front control arms (both upper and lower) last year under extended warranty. I had a leak in the air suspension that the technicians couldn't locate, so they replaced a bunch of parts (pretty much everything except the rear air struts) and that fixed the problem. The power window switch also broke (the plastic button broke right off in my hand), which was fixed under warranty.

I have a few lingering issues that I haven't addressed yet:

(1) the rear hatch often won't close on a single push of the button (first push lowers the hatch about 1/3rd of the way, a second push usually closes it completely). This is more of an annoyance, but I've decided just to live with it rather than pay the cost to replace the power struts.
(2) I'm still getting some noise out of the front suspension when going over speed bumps and large depressions in the road, so I'll probably have the sway bar end links replaced sometime before my 100K mile warranty expires. They're the only part of the front suspension that's still original to the car. It's worse in cold temperatures, so I'm looking forward to a quieter summer.

No regrets, but definitely glad I purchased an extended warranty. The repair bills to date would have been almost 4x what I paid for the warranty.

nvrsetl 03-15-2019 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by ciaka (Post 4771629)
It will be difficult for anyone to give you their story as they do not want you to make your mind based on their experience. Cars are like women, look alike but under the hood, it is all unique. Just as maintenance intensive - well, not the Panameras though.
I have PTT, 87k now. Loving every second. No issues, but made sure to maintain everything on schedule. Keep your eyes, ears, nose and gut feeling open for any sign of anything, then investigate. Loving this car a lot. Good luck on yours if you get one.

So true. (women comparison) Thanks for your experience. This does help in the grand scheme.

nvrsetl 03-15-2019 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by mrwilliamsburg (Post 4771686)
2013 Panamera Turbo with almost 59K miles. Replaced most of the air suspension system (front air struts, air compressor, expansion tank, valve block, and associated hardware) and front control arms (both upper and lower) last year under extended warranty. I had a leak in the air suspension that the technicians couldn't locate, so they replaced a bunch of parts (pretty much everything except the rear air struts) and that fixed the problem. The power window switch also broke (the plastic button broke right off in my hand), which was fixed under warranty.

I have a few lingering issues that I haven't addressed yet:

(1) the rear hatch often won't close on a single push of the button (first push lowers the hatch about 1/3rd of the way, a second push usually closes it completely). This is more of an annoyance, but I've decided just to live with it rather than pay the cost to replace the power struts.
(2) I'm still getting some noise out of the front suspension when going over speed bumps and large depressions in the road, so I'll probably have the sway bar end links replaced sometime before my 100K mile warranty expires. They're the only part of the front suspension that's still original to the car. It's worse in cold temperatures, so I'm looking forward to a quieter summer.

No regrets, but definitely glad I purchased an extended warranty. The repair bills to date would have been almost 4x what I paid for the warranty.

I hope this was in span of a few years of ownership?... The Porsche dealer that has a Turbo I'm looking at said in the 10 years he's worked there he's only seen one air suspension go out. He said they are bulletproof and rarely go out like Range Rovers. Funny thing is I've owned one for 7 years and the suspension never failed (knock on wood)