Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Offers extended Warranty

Old 11-23-2011, 11:53 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Michael_s
What happens if Wells decides to sell the company and then it goes under? There is no guarantee that Wells will keep this company in the future. They could sell it to raise cash then it is no longer a WF company.

Just sayin......
They have been around for a while. They actually sell these extended warranties to the dealership and then we pay the mark up. They use to be GE Warranty which got gobbled up by Wachovia Warranty Solutions which is now Wells Fargo. Chances are highly likely if you have ever purchased an extended warranty in the past one of these names is in the fine print. As far as longevity goes, that's anyones guess, markets are in constant change. It's a gamble that I was willing to take. 3/36,000 miles just wasn't going to get it done on my daily driver. On my Aston it's not issue since I rarely drive it now, smh.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:43 PM
dratifk is on a distinguished road
well I went ahead and bought it. The 10 year option was not going to be available if I held out longer. There are risks for everything in life. I'm not taking the chance of major repair bills. What happens if the turbo goes out 1 week after the warranty runs out. Plus I trust my Local Porsche dealer. Zero Deductable is a no brainer.

Anyway, I think its a personal decision which may not be right with everyone. My 10 years starts today.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 PM
b8b
b8b is on a distinguished road
How's this working out for everyone?

Just curious what I should do if I purchase a 2010 Panamera Turbo with 38k miles.

TIA!

Old 02-10-2014, 10:42 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
I purchased a extended for my 2010 panny CPO with only 20K miles.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 PM
b8b
b8b is on a distinguished road
Has anyone made any claims? If so, how'd it go?

How reliable are the Panameras beyond 50k miles?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:46 PM
mtimmy415 is on a distinguished road
brought fedility extended gold star plus 100 deductable for 2395 2yr/24000 miles

dealer said gold star plus is enough because if I bring it to him., he know what to do incase i need any thing that is needed otherwise in the platinum plan.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
It definitely depends on the dealer/warranty. I bought an extended warranty on my BMW M5 at the BMW Store in Cincinnati - the biggest dealer in the midwest. We ended up arguing over a damaged oil filler cap. I'm serious!

On the other hand, Porsche of the Village in Cincinnati completely replaced my friends six year old Boxter engine when he had an oil leak. NO extended warranty - he just bought the car from them new and had all service done there. They give you an unlimited time/mileage drivetrain warranty if you continue to service the car with them. They also gave me 4 new Michelin PS tires for the price of a single Pirelli when they couldn't locate a Pirelli replacement tire because the plant was shut down! Terrific place.

I'm looking into what other programs they offer and I'll report back.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:23 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by umwolverine
On the other hand, Porsche of the Village in Cincinnati completely replaced my friends six year old Boxter engine when he had an oil leak. NO extended warranty - he just bought the car from them new and had all service done there. They give you an unlimited time/mileage drivetrain warranty if you continue to service the car with them. They also gave me 4 new Michelin PS tires for the price of a single Pirelli when they couldn't locate a Pirelli replacement tire because the plant was shut down! Terrific place.
You can't buy this sort of advertising - other dealers should take note!

I have a 2012 PTT my DD and I have 38k in 20 months, I plan to drive it into the ground and was just about to start looking into extended warranties before I hit 50k.

Interested to see what others come up with as well.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 AM
mrrippey is on a distinguished road
I had 5 Star with my CL500 a few years ago and it was well worth it. I paid for itself with two big issues, air suspension and tranny both crapped out and I just had it flat-bedded and outside of being in a rental, I paid zero. I would def purchase if I cannot get a CPO car, likely the first thing I'd buy. Im no mechanic, I like to drive and add gas, take to maintenance. I like peace of mind and I'll pay for that.

Rippey

Old 02-12-2014, 02:22 PM
bobolouie is on a distinguished road
Bought a Fidelity extended warranty for 3 years on my 2010 PTT, just replaced the HPFP. Have had Fidelity on other P cars as well. My experience, at least with my dealer, is that if they sold you the warranty they will go to bat for you to get things fixed.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:13 PM
RattleItHome is on a distinguished road
I bought an extended warranty for my Range Rover through the dealership when new. 10 year, 100k miles. I'm at year 9 and 88k miles, and the repair work I've had done easily is 5X the $3200 price tag in 2005. New heated windshield, heated seats (because wiring was part of the leather cover!), struts and on and on. I bring it in for regular maintenance and mention a buzzing noise occasionally and suddenly I'm getting a new radiator. The list of stuff I've had replaced is truly amazing, all without raising a finger. I think the dealership loves the work and milks the heck out of it. The Rangie is showroom new as a result. Sort of like having superior healthcare, you really get the treatment with an exceptional warranty. Mine is EasyCare, now probably called something else. I understand the economics of the warranty situation, but the peace of mind and the care I've received from mine will make me probably look at another one if the dang allocation for a GTS ever comes through.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 AM
k2man is on a distinguished road
I saw in another thread that someone suggested looking into COSTCO extended warranties, but I have not heard much more. It is still early for me, but I am definitely interested not only for my Porsche, but for my wife's land rover, since her warranty just expired.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:59 PM
orange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really niceorange997TT is just really nice
I have 46K on the clock still under factory warranty for a few more months. My local dealership just quoted me $6000 for a 3yr 36k mile and $9950 for a 5yr 60k mile warranty. That seems NUTS!
I have to call around....just seems crazy to me.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:06 PM
mrrippey is on a distinguished road
I'd bet you get a better quote from Fidelity or Costco which seem to get good reviews here from some folks. If I get a 2010 or 2011 PTT that's what I will get.

Rippey

Old 02-17-2014, 06:42 PM
ck_pana is on a distinguished road
Porsche does offer a 3 (30k), 4 (40k), and 5 (50k) year maintenance packages. The cost varies depending on which model you have.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Offers extended Warranty