Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I turn my PTT into a PGTS with after market exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Can I turn my PTT into a PGTS with after market exhaust ?

I was thinking about trading my PTT for a PGTS but think I would miss the power to much. Can I put an after market exhaust on it ( I do have sport exhaust but it is lame) and get the downshift "blips" that the gts has?

Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
a PTT will never sound like a GTS because the turbo's muffle the exhaust note - that being said I'm sure you could improve the tone and volume through 200 cell cats, an x pipe and new mufflers, just be prepared to spend $7000-$10000 to buy them and get them installed.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:52 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
Akropovic full cat back with 200 cell down pipe are the combo for sound from heaven for PTT, dont think its a good idea goin from PTT to GTS

Old 04-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Brian 1215 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JMC8
Akropovic full cat back with 200 cell down pipe are the combo for sound from heaven for PTT, dont think its a good idea goin from PTT to GTS
Agreed, i would not change a turbo for a gts, its just not right. I have techart rear exhaust for my turbo and deleted the resonator, replaced it with an x-pipe, surprisingly it does give rumbling and thunderous sounds. X-pipe + techart, is surprisingly not bad. The resonator is the big part though, it really eliminates the exhaust note u would want out of your car, deleting it would improve the sound. but if u wan an even more nasty exhaust note, probly try straight pipes instead of an x-pipe. then get the techart that has the valve opener, unfortunately for mine doesnt have the valve opener

Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 AM
supercup is on a distinguished road
My neighbor has PTT and added Aprovik exhaust - it is not cheap, like $10k but it sounds awesome. It will transform the sound of your car and the performance will be enhanced as well. Also if you have not yet, you should consider GIAC programmer for added hp and torque. He did that as well $4k and it transformed the car. It is and abosolute monster and the sound is awesome. It will still be heavier than a GTS, but only 200 lbs or so, not enough to really impact a street car. But you can't replace the 158 ft.lts of torque and 70 hp you give up with a GTS. If you chip it thos numbers are more like 250 ft. lbs. and 150 hp. Simply different leage of performance.

Keep your PTT and add a few things!