6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   Lift Points on a Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/285568-lift-points-panamera.html)

E63911K12 09-02-2012 04:31 PM

Lift Points on a Panamera

I want to bleed the brakes on my PT but without center lift points, I don't see how I can put the car on jack stands. I would really like to avoid having to remove, bleed, and reinstall one wheel at a time but I don't see any other way. Can anyone offer a better solution?

MIA997TTBeast 09-03-2012 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by E63911K12 (Post 3631401)
I want to bleed the brakes on my PT but without center lift points, I don't see how I can put the car on jack stands. I would really like to avoid having to remove, bleed, and reinstall one wheel at a time but I don't see any other way. Can anyone offer a better solution?

Here it is.

Attachment 186679

E63911K12 09-03-2012 09:36 PM

Thanks - but I'm fully aware of them. I was bemoaning the lack of center lift points (front and back) that would free up the side where the jack stands are to be placed. Having only those four lift points doesn't allow me to lift the car and place a stand there because I have to use that same lift point for my floor jack.

I think I'll have to bleed them one wheel at a time. :(

E63911K12 09-09-2012 07:13 PM

Did the brake bleeding today taking one wheel off at a time, beginning with the right rear. Painfully slow process but it got the job done. Used one liter of Pentosin Dot 4 fluid. I'm not sure where Porsche sources their brake fluid from but I thought I'd at least stick with a German brand.

MIA997TTBeast 09-09-2012 08:15 PM

So I take you changed your breaks?

How hard was it? Did you get the parts from? How long did it take?

E63911K12 09-10-2012 10:26 PM

No, you misunderstood. I didn't change any brake components, I only flushed out the old brake fluid, which is required at least every two years.
Using a floor jack, it took me a little less than an hour. Each caliper has two bleed valves, so it took a little longer to get each completed.

This was not a hard job at all. Having to do each wheel at a time with the floor jack was just bothersome, but not hard.

Momospanamera 04-23-2017 11:45 AM

Lift Points on a Panamera

I have a new related question for this old post. I have a 2015 Panamera 2WD and want to know whether there is a center rear lift point like many cars have. Just in front of the rear differential case there is a sturdy looking cast aluminum structure (pictured): can this be used as a lift point to raise the rear wheels off the ground? If yes, then I could put jack stands at the two standard outer lift points to support the car.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...3e6a784659.jpg

Victory007 04-30-2017 08:50 AM

Anyone? I'd like to know the answer as well.

ciaka 05-15-2018 08:32 AM

Cayenne awd alsi has frame structured like this. I used this as my center lift point for that car, no problens at 5500lbs weight.

It would be great to have 2nd opinion on whether folks use the frame around differential to lift back of the panamera.
I will be doing diff fluid change and knowing for sure will really help (car must be level for botj diff oil changes, so fronts would go on ramos, back lifted to match height).
Thanks for info in advance.

ciaka 05-16-2018 08:29 AM

I will be using this point to lift back of my PTT for diff oil change. This will make my car level for proper quantity oil to add.
That cross frame member is perfect for this, and the Panamera is not an utterly heavy vehicle compared to cars like Cayenne, etc.

cerbomark 05-16-2018 09:02 AM

Is it a lift point for sure? Then I d throw the stands under the side lift points.
I have several floor jacks so I usually lift fronts or rear together anyway but I know what you mean when u did the brake fluid.

ciaka 05-16-2018 09:26 AM

If you have multiple jack lifts, you are set. Same if you have multiple jack stands. Lift one wheel at a time, put in stand, lower onto stand, repeat 3 times, and youre done, car level off ground (make sure to disable air suspension if you have it).

That cross brace is not a dedicated lift point, but it joins the left and right side of the car frame (welded to either side of frame). It protects the differential from below as well. Very similar design on Cayenne AWD as well.
I used the place on Cayenne and never had any issue. The frame will hold way more than 5000lbs without problems. Same on Panamera. After I get under there when time permits, i will verify but I am certain this location can be used too for lifting car. You can put one car lift under there, make sure it is not touching any diff parts, lift to desired height (usually to level back of car with front), and then lower onto stands.

cerbomark 05-16-2018 12:29 PM

The problem is that the jack points is where you d put the stands and they both don t fit at the same time ???? Right??

Edit, I meant if you lift from jack points, same spot you want stands.

ciaka 05-16-2018 12:55 PM

Somehow I do not see any problem.
I have done this on Cayenne TT and lifted rear of the SUV (what, 5600lbs?) using the cross member under differential. Lifted off ground nicely (my jack is 10klbs jack). Then I placed stands under each dedicated location in rear, dropped the back and the car was on the stands. Everything fit perfect.

Not done this on the PTT yet, but will hoping this weekend. Also have some ideas for pads. If I get time I will think of some stuff and post up. Thanks.

dudecs 05-16-2018 03:31 PM

Look at Esco jack stands with flat top support, available in two height sizes.