Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car died!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
My car died!!!

Crap! My beloved 2010 4s, owned about two years, about 25k miles, flawless tank...died. Suddenly started weird yesterday, sputtered and didn't seem to reach normal RPMs. Same thing today only worse; took it for a test drive at lunch, fully warmed up still would barely start. Seemed to drive OK until I punched it...lurched like crazy, wouldn't accelerate, something is terribly wrong. Called Barrier Porsche in Bellevue, they said to call the 1800PORSCHE thang and have it towed in...from where I live in Wenatchee, 2.5 hours away! So I got no car, I miss it so...

Find out tomorrow.

Btw, Barrier is a fantastic dealership!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I had a similar experience with my `11 4S with about 6K on the odometer. Significant power drop-off and car lurching when I depressed the accelerator. The dealer replaced the wiring and the spark plugs and that has seemed to solve it in my case. Hoping for the same for you.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Hopefully it's something that they can fix that day and you can have the car back by the following. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:00 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
**** sorry to hear that, at least it is covered

as I tell people these are machines and stuff happens as long as it is fixed no real harm no foul

let us know!!

Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 AM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Wouldnt it suck if it was just a bad gas tank? After all the days without it?

I hope is something simple and you get it back in a jiffy.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:51 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I hate to read these stories, hope its a small thing.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:52 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
sorry to hear about the trouble with your car. My 4S also died on me a few weeks ago and had to be flat bedded out -= close to 150 miles away. Couldn't wait to get back in it. You'll enjoy yours a whole lot more when it returns

Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Such a horrible feeling when that happens in the middle of a drive. Good luck and keep us updated

Old 06-26-2013, 05:35 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by neuneleven
sorry to hear about the trouble with your car. My 4S also died on me a few weeks ago and had to be flat bedded out -= close to 150 miles away. Couldn't wait to get back in it. You'll enjoy yours a whole lot more when it returns
When that happens do you have to go 150 miles away to pick it up or do they return it?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
when my 4S did that it was a bad fuel pump.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 AM
Pheonix has a spectacular aura aboutPheonix has a spectacular aura about
A few weeks ago my car (2010 PTT)had chasis system failure error. It was towed to Porsche and they said the Air Suspension compressor blew up. Now I have a Bad rear differential that has taken 1 month to get to NY from Germany which will be replaced Mon. On top of all this the 3 out of 4 door panels are loose from when the tint people took off the door and I'm being told that if its more than tabs the entire door panels will need to be replaced at $2000 per door panel.

Things could always be worse trust me. Glad I have 100K mile 10 year warranty. Just want everything to be back to normal.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:56 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
Ha dhh! Fuel pump it was. I was told car has two fuel pumps, one is high pressure for the injection system and that's what went out.

Ironically, this actually worked out for the best! We close on a cool condo in Seattle tomorrow, had planned on spending the 4th over there tricking it out and hanging with old friends of my spouse. I had meant to set up an appointment next week to have a rattle in the driver's door fixed anyway...now I don't have to actually drive the car to the dealer. Plus, my wife and I are driving over Sat., now she's so excited about the condo that she wants to just stay over there for 1.5 weeks. So I'll drive over with her, work Mon.-Tues. in Wenatchee, then fly over to meet her and her friends.

I'm also thrilled it wasn't like an engine or transmission issue...

Old 06-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Well congrats on the new condo Glad to see everything worked out for the best and thank you for reporting back on the cause.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:54 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NiceCar
When that happens do you have to go 150 miles away to pick it up or do they return it?
Have to get there to pick it up. When a different dealership in Chicago messed up my electronics during a "scheduled factory update" which occurred when I had come in for regular maintenance however, they drove my car back to me after they'd sorted their mess out.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:20 AM
GordieHM is on a distinguished road
This happened with my new 2013 Silverado. Tried fuel injector cleaner and that didn't help. Then tried water remover and after a day or 2 it cleared up. Dealer told me the filter is in the gas tank and is a big job. If they found bad gas with water in it, the warranty would not cover it. Why would they put the filter in the gas tank anyway with no easy access?