Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of Avery Clear Bra

Old 11-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
Thumbs up Review of Avery Clear Bra

Gents - I thought I would put a quick review of the Avery clear bra. I know there is a lot of discussion of this, but I feel this is one topic that is good for continued discussion.

I'm in the Northeast so we get pelted with rocks and salt. Clearbra's are important to maintain the paint (in my opinion). The dealer offered to install the clearbra and they use Avery. I saw some decent reviews and thought it was very convenient so why not?

In short, I think Avery is a substantially inferior product to 3M and Xpel. Avery comes cut so the installer doesn't tuck the edges. I did a full front install and there were gaps and in many of the seams at least a finger width of exposure between the Avery and the edge of the panel (e.g., fender, bumper, hood, etc) in a few spots. Within a couple of days of driving, I saw some mild damage to the bumper cover and since it's not self-healing, it was there to stay.

I decided to go back to what I had done in the past. There is an installer in NY that uses a combination of 3M and Xpel with all of the edges tucked in to make the clearbra completely invisible (which is the idea isn't it???) which is very important when there is any bit of dirt. I had him remove the Avery and replace the entire front-end with 3M on the bumper (because it's a bit thicker) and then he uses Xpel for the rest because it's easier to mold and self-healing.

Sorry if this adds to the debate, but thought I would highlight my experience.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:45 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Good to hear you got it sorted. Who in NY did you use to install? Were the pieces precut, or did they cut them on the car Interesting about mixing 3M with Xpel.