Sponsored by:

bought agency power carbon y pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:34 PM
henrywong_dds is on a distinguished road
bought agency power carbon y pipe

i just bought the carbon y pipe for my 10 ptt because it looks really nice
it looks like a diy project, has anyone done it diy? how long did it take? and is here any instruction other the thread with only pictures i found using a search?

thanks

Old 12-09-2013, 01:30 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
well it does "look nice" however there is a significant performance boost as well. while you are at it do the plenum and BMC air filter and you will do your car a real favor

to your original queston, I let the professionals do the work on my 100k+ car cause I am just a vascular surgeon, you may have picked up a few more tricks in dental school LOL

good luck great upgrade both cosmetically and performance wise

tom

Old 12-09-2013, 02:34 PM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
Tom are you running the plenum and the carbon y-pipe? My understanding was that the carbon y-pipe took the place of the plenum? Henry - I think the answer to your question depends on your ability - if you're handy and patient I'm sure it can be done - if not you're probably better off spending a few bucks to let a pro bang his knuckles.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:41 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cvprez
Tom are you running the plenum and the carbon y-pipe? My understanding was that the carbon y-pipe took the place of the plenum? Henry - I think the answer to your question depends on your ability - if you're handy and patient I'm sure it can be done - if not you're probably better off spending a few bucks to let a pro bang his knuckles.
Doesn't the y-pipe connect to the plenum?
I might be wrong but I think the y-pipe still needs a plenum to connect to.

Let me do some research.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
henrywong_dds is on a distinguished road
the y pipe should replace the plenum as well it starts from the throttle body

Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
I stand corrected, the y pipe replaces the stock plenum. Their claiming close to 35hp which is what the IPD guys claim for their plenum.

Maybe getting the plenum by itself (half the price) does the same thing?

Any ideas for pros and cons for these 2 mods?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:57 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I did the IPD plenum so no y pipe for me

Old 12-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
pm sent henry
max!

Old 12-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here is a link to our install, takes a little maneuvering to line it all up but its definitely a DIY.
http://www.vividracing.com/blog/proj...sche-panamera/

Let me know if you have any issues and we can walk you through it over the phone

Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
Do you need to tune the car after this? Where can I buy this part mm

Old 12-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We offer the Ypipe and a tune is not required. Feel free to contact me for forum pricing

Old 12-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Superaudiofreak is on a distinguished road
Pm me the price when u can. Is it carbon fiber and 3"?

Old 12-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Former Vendor
PM Sent! this is 3" and carbon fiber, aluminum powdercoated options are available as well

Old 12-20-2013, 06:25 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
curious as to how these compare to the fabspeed pipes. I like the look of the carbon fiber ones but it comes at a price. Fabspeed is 2.75" but the outlet size on the intercooler looks to be quite a bit smaller than 3" so I cant imagine there being much difference in the 2.75" and 3" size.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:25 AM
makoto is on a distinguished road
Does this Y pipe fit the 970 turbo S?

I bought this part long time ago, I've tried to install it recently, at the beginning the stock vacuum tube is not long enough so I bought a vacuum tube, then we found that the stock inlet manifold is too big, we can't get this Y pipe in, so we took off everything in the front, Bumper, intercooler, water tank etc everything! Finally we got it in and then we found the inlet manifold is still too large, there's no space between the manifold and the Y pipe, and the Because of this the Y pipe can't be attached back to the turbo hose....we finally gave up....put everything back on again,

has anyone tried to install this Y pipe on a Panamera Turbo S before? Does it fit well?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: bought agency power carbon y pipe