Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shall I switch from 911 to Panamera? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 12:32 PM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
If you don't mind sacrificing the .3 sec 0-60 time, 10 mph top end, or the turbo thrust, test drive a Panny GTS. It will definitely provide the sound you're looking for as well as the performance. I've had several 911s and LOVED them all, but am thrilled with my PGTS, and in fact don't feel like I've sacrificed anything! Plus you get the brakes, spoiler and many other goodies from the Turbo. Good luck with your decision.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 PM
akbjr will become famous soon enoughakbjr will become famous soon enough
I had a 09 C4S and currently am driving a Panamera 4S. They are totally different. I have to say the Panny is less exciting and feels huge in comparison. My 997.2 exhaust was louder, turns tighter and suspension tighter overall. Connection with the road was direct and feel was great. Even when the Panny is the lowest suspension setting it just isnt the same thing. I think the car is very large and for its size, it does well, but its no 911.

PDK shifting is also very very different as the 911 is faster and downshifts more aggressively dependent on speed, which the panny simply does not do and I end up leaving a corner in 3rd or 4th gear- very annoying. For these reasonsI will be trading it in soon, going back to a 911 variant eventually.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:25 PM
bobolouie is on a distinguished road
I have both a 997 TT and a PannyTT - i find myself driving the Panny more and more, if not for it being more practical for kids, living in the snowy North, etc. I love both for different reasons, but if i kept just one it would be the Panny.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:07 AM
carbonpanamera is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
I enjoy my PANNY TURBO more overall than i did my 911 turbo S 996. Facelift was just a very minor change.
The refinement and creature comforts is just much better in the PANNY and overall performance is almost identical. The panamera when done up right is one of the more exotic looking cars in the market place as well.
best of luck…. both great choices

OMG...ur car look stunning. how much did you pay for the caratere front bumper?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:34 AM
frozen997 is on a distinguished road
I came from a a 997tt to a ptt. I love both cars but they are completely different cars . Needed the extra room for our newborn. It would be nice to own both lol

Enjoy the pics

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Panamerarollingshot_zps83d156fb.jpg
Views:	1446
Size:	341.3 KB
ID:	319626   Click image for larger version

Name:	mailgooglecom_zps52a371de.jpg
Views:	1375
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	319627   Click image for larger version

Name:	91_zpsbcc8c92e.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	319628   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC6925_zps5a9da4ec.jpg
Views:	1588
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	319629  
Old 01-10-2014, 11:11 AM
k2man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jeopardy
Hi and thanks for your time.
I currently own a 2009 Carrera S (997.2), I like the car but I have to admit as days pays I notice more and more that it can't be my only car. I also recently got engaged and I definitely need a bigger car. I can't afford keeping the 911 and buying another car (I wish I could). To cut the story short, I am being offered a 2011 Panamera Turbo (Porsche certified preowned) with 17,000 km on it, it is all black with marsala red leather interior. I test drove the car and loved it, I have to admit it is a very fast car too.
However, I am still hesitant. Money aside, would I regret exchanging the 911 to Panamera? The Panamera just recently got a facelift, is it not a wise move to buy the pre-face lift version (I can't afford the latest turbo though). Shall I consider another car (I don't like the Cayenne so that's why I didn't consider it)? Also what are your opinions on the Panamera when it comes to space? Any advice from you guys will really help me is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

I have not been in the executive version of the car that came out this past year, but i have had 4 adults in the back and I did not hear any complaints.

Having said that, the backseat area of the regular panamera is slightly smaller than the my prior car (mercedes s550), but the panny is much more fun to drive and can be a good daily driver.

I am not trashing the 911 by any means. In fact, I hope one day to get a 1994 911 and fix it up like the one below that i saw at SEMA.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1819.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	319660  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 PM
KBahn is on a distinguished road
+1 for the PGTS - I changed from a 997 Carrera S to the Panny GTS - looked at the TT first but the NA engine in the GTS, along with that noise, helped make my mind up. No regrets.... (If I had tracked the 997 I might have thought differently however...

Old 10-01-2018, 04:03 PM
bzliteyear is on a distinguished road
i know this is 4 year old thread but curious if any updated thoughts since.
i owned both E55, E63 as well as many Porsches.

PL
Originally Posted by echristie
My father just traded his 06 911 in on a new 2014 panamera and loves it. After riding in it a couple of time, I just traded my AMG E55 on a new one as well. Absolutely love it. Just trying to get over 2000 break in miles to let her loose.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:54 PM
k2man is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
i know this is 4 year old thread but curious if any updated thoughts since.
i owned both E55, E63 as well as many Porsches.

PL

I recently sold my Panamera GTS and so my 991.2 TTS is my non-winter daily driver. BOTH are great cars.
For all around utility (sportiness with functionality) I like the Panamera. The 911 is more a pure sports car (more sportiness with less functionality)...but keep in mind the comparison between a GTS and TTS trim is not equivalent. My PGTS had a smoother ride, space to carry luggage, yet still had decent acceleration. I still love my 911...its just a different animal.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:35 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
hey, we all on here have Panameras. Love them. Sure you will too

Old 10-05-2018, 09:08 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
I would keep the 911 and wait til I could afford a Panny, then own both. It's worth the wait, and you will be sorry the day you sell the 911. By then you will be able to afford a newer model Panny.

Old 10-06-2018, 02:44 AM
konigstiger is an unknown quantity at this point
In hopes that this isn’t a regurgitation of what everyone else has already said, if the 911 is a precision, purpose-built scalpel, I would say the Panamera is a really sharp broad sword. It can still get the job done (astonishingly well for a car of its size and weight) but its not a 911.

The Panamera does a great job at being a jack-of-all-trades though. It’ll feel at home in the mountain twisties as well as a fancy night out on the town.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:38 AM
Macporsche is on a distinguished road
997 to Panny

OK here goes, having owned a P-Car for the last 40 years many 356 - 997.1s I and at that stage of maturity and girth that getting in and out of the 997 has become a yoga exercise (no comments please, my wife has enough to say :-) Also she as a 958S that I love to drive when she let's me wash it or long roadtrips. So with only room for one P-car in the garage, I have been musing over the idea of selling the 997 and moving on to a more confortable Panny (Turbo) just can not seem to come to grips with not owning a 911...........

Anyone else made this senior transition?

mac

Old 12-31-2018, 12:07 PM
bzliteyear is on a distinguished road
I can relate to all of your comments as I recently made similar move. I’ve owned 10 prior Porsches, though no 356. So recently my friend got my 996 C4S as I’ve been enjoying 958GTS and I got a PTTS CPO and no time to drive the third Porsche. For how little I drive the 991, easier to borrow my old porsche back or just use Turo if I need to get it out of my system. PTTS is bigger but in open roads in sports+ you won’t miss 911.
PL

Old 12-31-2018, 12:36 PM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
Have had 996 turbo s
tesla p85d ludicrous and now on my 2nd panny turbo
i'lll take PTT over any of the others as a DD

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shall I switch from 911 to Panamera? What do you think?