Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS without PDCC or PTT ?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:46 AM
seven11 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by supercup
I went back and forth - was coming out of an E60 M5 as well. Decided to go with PTT over PGTS - both great cars. Liked the power of the Turbo better. Very happy with my choice. If I lived near lots of twisty roads I would have gone GTS - but most of my driving is on S. Calif. freeways, so the extra power of the Turbo is nice.

I have GIAC software and IPD plennum - which is a great combo and lot of bang for the buck. I would not waste your money on software for a GTS - you simply don't get enough power gain to justify the cost.

If the PTT is stretching the budget I would look for a good low mile used one. They have a lot of 1st year depreciation, so in our area at least you can buy a nice low mile PTT for about the same or less than a new GTS.

You will love either car! Good luck with your decision.
It's not a motorcycle, where a smaller 600cc is lighter and handles better a liter bike.

Doesnt a PTT handle the same, if not better than the PGTS?

Old 03-18-2014, 11:09 AM
GQsOwn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by seven11
It's not a motorcycle, where a smaller 600cc is lighter and handles better a liter bike.

Doesnt a PTT handle the same, if not better than the PGTS?
No, the PGTS is tuned with additional options that the PTT and the other panamera models do not come with that improves its handling abilities and driving characteristics. For example, the PGTS rides lower in sports plus than the other panameras. Although, not related to handling the sounds of the PGTS are unmatched and provide a joy that is simply joyous every time the car starts.

The PGTS is a more "track" orientated version of the Panamera lineup. It is just different.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:26 PM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GQsOwn
No, the PGTS is tuned with additional options that the PTT and the other panamera models do not come with that improves its handling abilities and driving characteristics. For example, the PGTS rides lower in sports plus than the other panameras. Although, not related to handling the sounds of the PGTS are unmatched and provide a joy that is simply joyous every time the car starts.

The PGTS is a more "track" orientated version of the Panamera lineup. It is just different.
Is the only suspension difference the lowered car from start? That can be replicate with 1 touch of sport button. I tried to compare the 2 as well and can't find any technical comparisons in suspension other than height.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:16 PM
GQsOwn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wassy
Is the only suspension difference the lowered car from start? That can be replicate with 1 touch of sport button. I tried to compare the 2 as well and can't find any technical comparisons in suspension other than height.
Not only is the car lower from the start its lowered an additional .15mm (I believe) in Sport Plus than all the other models.

I think these reviews do a good job of describing the PGTS:

I love the PTT please no one mistake me for saying its not an amazing car. I just prefer the PGTS for its exclusivity, looks, handling, sound, and versatility.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:20 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
I have the 2010 4S used, but if I had the extra cash I would bought a used PTT as simple bolt ons and a quick tune can gain you massive power increases just like with any other forced induction car compared to a N/A vehicle where you pay ubsurd amounts of cash yet the total amount of HP/torque achieve doesn't justify the price to HP value.

But hence I have the 4S N/A and will have to just do minimal tuning to get some more pep into it until I can afford a PTT or something better.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:52 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
The GTS rides lower in normal 'comfort' mode but in sport plus the ride heights between GTS and PTT are THE SAME.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:56 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chance6
The GTS rides lower in normal 'comfort' mode but in sport plus the ride heights between GTS and PTT are THE SAME.
And I will say something else here: this is a good debate thread and two great cars, but there's a reason why the PTT is priced about +$30k above a GTS, and that is performance. You can look at track times, straight-line acceleration and braking, and the PTT is leaps and bounds better, especially on track times and straight line acceleration.
When I test drove a 2013 GTS my butt dyno told me that it was slightly slower than a 991S, and the performance figures support that claim. However, in the area of driving dynamics and for an AWD vehicle, the GTS is superb!

Blasting other vehicles when getting on the highway and riding PASM in sport plus mode convinces me the PTT was the right call, for me anyway.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:52 PM
k2man is on a distinguished road
I have a 13 GTS with PDCC and i am VERY happy with it, but as stated in earlier posts its a imho a tradeoff between cost and features. For me my car has plenty of pickup and i like it as a daily driver. The sound is nice and the car is reliable. The turbo is nice though but a bit out of my (wife's) price range when i bought it. I have not driven a car without PDCC but i would not consider it based on my experience.

Other cars including the PTT are faster, but Im ok with that.

Last edited by k2man; 01-06-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by k2man
I have a 13 GTS with PDCC and i am VERY happy with it, but as stated in earlier posts its a imho a tradeoff between cost and features. For me my car has plenty of pickup and i like it as a daily driver. The sound is nice and the car is reliable. The turbo is nice though but a bit out of my (wife's) price range when i bought it. I have not driven a car without PDCC but i would not consider it based on my experience.

Other cars including the PTT are faster, but Im ok with that.
Both great cars, for sure.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:14 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
The pgts is only lower in standard mode, in sport + they are the same, so you are just making your dd more uncomfortable. Turbo over gts everyday, off course it is more expensive. For less, the gts is a nice package.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:15 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GQsOwn
Not only is the car lower from the start its lowered an additional .15mm (I believe) in Sport Plus than all the other models.

I think these reviews do a good job of describing the PGTS:

I love the PTT please no one mistake me for saying its not an amazing car. I just prefer the PGTS for its exclusivity, looks, handling, sound, and versatility.
Wrong.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:50 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kip
The pgts is only lower in standard mode, in sport + they are the same, so you are just making your dd more uncomfortable. Turbo over gts everyday, off course it is more expensive. For less, the gts is a nice package.

+1. The PTT can handle just like the GTS when spec'd the same. Both are nice but wouldn't want to race a PTT in a GTS in any situation. Plus the PTT benefits more from easy mods.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:10 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
I have to agree with the Top Gear folks on the GTS:

Bluntly, this is the best Panamera in the range. Mighty power delivered through a long, sweet rev-band, and a bonkers V8 soundtrack, helped by the Porsche Sound Symposer that pipes engine noise direct to a membrane in the A-pillar. The Turbo (and Turbo S, for that matter) end up being a little dominated by the way the engine makes power, but the GTS is exciting and willing, without being scary.

You can really hammer the throttle and explore the Panamera's surprisingly agile chassis and drivetrain without falling foul of turbo torque. You have to expend more effort to really drive it, but the rewards are far greater. More drama, more fun, more of the time. If you have to have a Panamera, this is the one.

However, the thing to do is take both for an extended test drive. That is really the only way for you to make a decision. Nice decision to make...

Old 01-07-2015, 06:41 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Right

Originally Posted by umwolverine
I have to agree with the Top Gear folks on the GTS:

Bluntly, this is the best Panamera in the range. Mighty power delivered through a long, sweet rev-band, and a bonkers V8 soundtrack, helped by the Porsche Sound Symposer that pipes engine noise direct to a membrane in the A-pillar. The Turbo (and Turbo S, for that matter) end up being a little dominated by the way the engine makes power, but the GTS is exciting and willing, without being scary.

You can really hammer the throttle and explore the Panamera's surprisingly agile chassis and drivetrain without falling foul of turbo torque. You have to expend more effort to really drive it, but the rewards are far greater. More drama, more fun, more of the time. If you have to have a Panamera, this is the one.

However, the thing to do is take both for an extended test drive. That is really the only way for you to make a decision. Nice decision to make...
I could not agree more with the Top Gear's assessment. No question that a Pan TT and TTS are much faster. I got a CPO'd '13 Pan GTS that does not have PDCC/PTV a month ago and like driving it more every day. It is very satisfying in real world city, country and highway driving. I got the PGTS to replace my A8 dd after driving my '15 991 TTS for five months, so have a very good sense of turbo thrust and PDCC/PTV on road and track. I do not miss the turbo thrust or PDCC in the PGTS at all. Maybe it is the NA exhaust note that compensates. I especially like its interior design features more than those of the PTT/PTTS and have the GTS interior option black/carmine red, CF interior and sport steering wheel in Alcantera, aside from a few other nice options. One noteworthy point is that I have a Burmester in the TTS and generally avoid Bose like the plague, but have to say that the Bose in the GTS is far better than any I have had in various MB's, Audi's or Porsche's. For me the overrun on downshifts in the GTS is worth the price of admission and that is in addition to the BA look of the black GTS.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:22 AM
P.Viby is on a distinguished road
Just sold the 911 which I loved driving and where looking for either a PGTS or a PTTS.

Talking to 3 different Porsche dealers the answer where the same.

If you want a driving experience that is as close as possible to the one you had with the 911 you should go with the PGTS.

The PTT or PTTS are super cars also but driving wise more limousine in handling where the PGTS setup is more road/track aggressive.

Had the PGTS with PDCC and PTV for a month now and.....God damn.....it is fun to drive even you of course can feel it is more heavy compared to the 911 in handling.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS without PDCC or PTT ?!