Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White 2012 PTT bought from Jake's Motor Cars in san dieog

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:38 PM
staceyr is on a distinguished road
White 2012 PTT bought from Jake's Motor Cars in san dieog

I just googled the VIN ( WP0AC2A74CL090808) of the PTT I owned w/the defective PDK and have been posting warnings about in hopes the person who bought it will know this car is anything but safe. I found the car and it was sold from Jake's Motor Cars in San Diego sometime after dec '13. If anyone comes across this owner or car have them contact me.
Again, this is not a rant, this car has a seriously defective PDK that stalls btwn shifts for up to 3-4 secs. The engine doesn't rev during this time, acts as thought car is in neutral w/engine off. Also has a problem going into reverse, have to wait for it to "click" into reverse or it'll roll if on an incline as if engine is off w/car in neutral.
The only reason is getting passed off as safe is because no error codes ever show up when diagnostic tests have been run by porsche service, therefore it's safe! I have the messages from owner who bought it after I had it and he describes same problem. He got rid of it saying it "was too much" power around town. My dealership who I bought it from who bought it back, told this guy the reason for all the service checks for the transmission were recall campaigns! He bought the car anyway. For whatever reason he didn't want to go back on this dealership is unknown, especially when we said we'd back him since they lied to him.
So now it's been passed off as a safe car once again and I won't quit trying to get pna to take responsibility for their defective product until they do. I'm just hope it doesn't come to it causing a wreck to get it off the road first.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:40 AM
EliahP is on a distinguished road
I saw your previous post now this one. I must say I am flabbergasted!!
I can't believe Porsche would sell off a car knowing it has serious transmission defects. Just not right.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 AM
MackSea is on a distinguished road
Remember, there are two sides to every story.

I'm surprised you haven't heard from Porsche's attorneys re: cease and desist on these communications.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:42 AM
carbonpanamera is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by staceyr
I just googled the VIN ( WP0AC2A74CL090808) of the PTT I owned w/the defective PDK and have been posting warnings about in hopes the person who bought it will know this car is anything but safe. I found the car and it was sold from Jake's Motor Cars in San Diego sometime after dec '13. If anyone comes across this owner or car have them contact me.
Again, this is not a rant, this car has a seriously defective PDK that stalls btwn shifts for up to 3-4 secs. The engine doesn't rev during this time, acts as thought car is in neutral w/engine off. Also has a problem going into reverse, have to wait for it to "click" into reverse or it'll roll if on an incline as if engine is off w/car in neutral.
The only reason is getting passed off as safe is because no error codes ever show up when diagnostic tests have been run by porsche service, therefore it's safe! I have the messages from owner who bought it after I had it and he describes same problem. He got rid of it saying it "was too much" power around town. My dealership who I bought it from who bought it back, told this guy the reason for all the service checks for the transmission were recall campaigns! He bought the car anyway. For whatever reason he didn't want to go back on this dealership is unknown, especially when we said we'd back him since they lied to him.
So now it's been passed off as a safe car once again and I won't quit trying to get pna to take responsibility for their defective product until they do. I'm just hope it doesn't come to it causing a wreck to get it off the road first.
I think what you do is very meaningful... Thanks very much....

Old 04-25-2014, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by carbonpanamera
I think what you do is very meaningful... Thanks very much....
+1 No doubt

Old 04-25-2014, 03:27 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by EliahP
I saw your previous post now this one. I must say I am flabbergasted!!
I can't believe Porsche would sell off a car knowing it has serious transmission defects. Just not right.
It's not clear to me that "Jake's Motor Cars" is a Porsche dealership.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by Leslierc

It's not clear to me that "Jake's Motor Cars" is a Porsche dealership.
Well this is part II.

If I remember correctly in part I the owner sold it back to a Porsche dealership.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:35 PM
uberklasse is on a distinguished road
Just reading in because I have bought a car from Jake's and also own a Panamera….they are not a Porsche dealer but source really nice one and two owner cars. Prices are fair and they know their stuff.