Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any high mileage Panameras out there??

Old 07-13-2014, 08:40 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thegzaa
I have about 84,000 miles on my Panamera S. It should be obvious I drive A LOT. First off I'd like to say this car is a beast. No major problems at all. The only things that have been costly is the maintenance. I feared problems would develop after reaching high 70k's, but everything has been great. The only problems I've had is replacing the locking module in the front passenger door. It stopped locking (probably due to my OCD of locking my car 3x before leaving the parking lot) but the problem was fixed by posrche. The cost of that was about $500. The final problem was my car battery. Over time the ignition would sound like it was having problems. Sometimes the car wouldn't even start until the second try. Got a brand new battery for $200 cheaper than Champion from a buddy of mine that works in parts distribution. Installed it myself and voila. This thing fires up faster than I can remember. So in the end this car is extremely reliable.
That's encouraging for all of us! Thanks for sharing

Old 08-06-2014, 12:54 PM
starford is on a distinguished road
Just bought a 2010 Turbo with 53k on the clock, so I'm hoping and betting that it'll be fine. Car pulls hard and runs swift- no complaints here.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 PM
1Goodguy02 is on a distinguished road
On yesterday. I took my Panamera 4 in for the 45,000 mile oil service, while there I asked the service rep about high mileage Panameras. He told me that he has service a number of high mileage Panameras and has found that they are very very solid cars over the long haul with no common maintenance issues. That said, I purchased my P4 new nearly 4 years ago and I have not had any problems. I think that i will keep her for a while.

Also....please shop around for the best service prices. I checked the price of the oil service with 4 dealerships in the DC area and found prices ranging from $275 - $675.....the $275 price did not include new windshield wipers.....I can change those myself, give me the $275 deal.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:51 PM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1Goodguy02
On yesterday. I took my Panamera 4 in for the 45,000 mile oil service, while there I asked the service rep about high mileage Panameras. He told me that he has service a number of high mileage Panameras and has found that they are very very solid cars over the long haul with no common maintenance issues. That said, I purchased my P4 new nearly 4 years ago and I have not had any problems. I think that i will keep her for a while.

Also....please shop around for the best service prices. I checked the price of the oil service with 4 dealerships in the DC area and found prices ranging from $275 - $675.....the $275 price did not include new windshield wipers.....I can change those myself, give me the $275 deal.
Good to hear.

Where did Tysons fall in that range?

Old 08-08-2014, 12:11 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Approaching 50K on my 2 1/2 year old car. No problems whatsoever, but they did replace a couple seals that were starting to show leakage.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:13 PM
alicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond reputealicata has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pbread
I'm thinking the same thing... Planning on keeping my panamera forever but might pick up a manual 911 here shortly to add to the stable
I've got at 6 speed 997.1. The Panamera may be a better car for me and my wife right now. My thought was that after a few years I could go back and pick the 911 version I would like - 993, 996tt, 997.2...

Old 08-09-2014, 06:31 AM
Yankee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Approaching 50K on my 2 1/2 year old car. No problems whatsoever, but they did replace a couple seals that were starting to show leakage.
Could you please clarify what those leaky seals were and what the symptoms you saw or heard? I'm having burnt oil or grease smell that seems to come from where the right front drive shaft joins the tranny.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:54 PM
1Goodguy02 is on a distinguished road
With regard to prices for an oil service at DC area dealers...i found Tyson's to be the best (over all) service department, quoted me $595 for an oil service, but price matched Rockville's $295 quote. Arlington, which is would never recommend, came in at $685 for an oil service.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:46 PM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
With regard to prices for an oil service at DC area dealers...i found Tyson's to be the best (over all) service department, quoted me $595 for an oil service, but price matched Rockville's $295 quote. Arlington, which is would never recommend, came in at $685 for an oil service.
Good to know.

The wife works in Tysons, so the plan is to use them. But I gotta admit I would laugh out loud if someone quoted me six bills to change the oil.

I want to do an early change at 2K in the PSeH. Just an oil change. I did the same on the E63 along with the Ltd Slip (which is required) and it was $350 total.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:54 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Yankee
Could you please clarify what those leaky seals were and what the symptoms you saw or heard? I'm having burnt oil or grease smell that seems to come from where the right front drive shaft joins the tranny.
Yes - here is what the invoice says:

Vacuum pump and vacuum lines leaking oil. Removed intake and replaced switching flap and vacuum line removed front wheels and bumper. Replaced leaking washer line and front radiator air routing plastic.

Found right front headlight washer line coming disconnected. Replaced washer line.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:55 PM
lagalaxy8 is on a distinguished road
Was looking at a 2010 4s loaded with 80k, says it still has factory warranty left because it was cpo when he bought it. Said no problems. but is there something i should really look at?

Old 09-10-2014, 06:25 PM
yartb is on a distinguished road

1GoodGuy, where did you have your car serviced. I, too, live in the DC area.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lagalaxy8
Was looking at a 2010 4s loaded with 80k, says it still has factory warranty left because it was cpo when he bought it. Said no problems. but is there something i should really look at?
If its CPO'ed you are good for 2 years. Think that's definitely one of the very few high mileage p4s I have heard of. Good luck with it and share your experiences. Hopefully you get a good price.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:28 PM
bobolouie is on a distinguished road
49K miles, 2010.
Hope i don get burnt if i keep after the CPO runs out in March, but i have not driven anything else that i remotely like to replace......

Old 09-02-2015, 01:49 PM
hammyton is on a distinguished road
2010 4s with 47k miles on it.

I've had it break down a few times on the road due to some known issues with the 2010 model (first year models are always the roughest around the edges).

I had a camshaft failure which resulted in engine replacement (took a few weeks to fix). Also a coolant pipe broke (known issue with the 2010 models). Also watch out for the suspension noises as reported by several other members here as well...

Would have been expensive as hell to fix these issues out of warranty...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any high mileage Panameras out there??