6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   little rattle in the dash (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/348128-little-rattle-dash.html)

madmax13 09-30-2014 07:41 PM

little rattle in the dash

I own a Panamera 4S 2011 and there la little annoying rattle in the left side of the dash (around the key knob), like a vibration on uneven roads. Does anyone had that problem or could help?
Thanks.

MIA997TTBeast 09-30-2014 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by madmax13 (Post 4205781)
I own a Panamera 4S 2011 and there la little annoying rattle in the left side of the dash (around the key knob), like a vibration on uneven roads. Does anyone had that problem or could help?
Thanks.

Count me in... Nothing that SIRIUS does not fix, but still annoying.

NiceCar 09-30-2014 07:52 PM

I've had some door rattles and one from the glove compartment/cup holders fixed under warranty.

It's pretty solid now, but I get something like a vibration sound up the door when going over lane markers on the side that the wheels hitting the markers are on.

I tried the car over really rough roads on Sport+ suspension and the car was completely quiet. So I think the marker noise may be more resonance than a rattle.

2010Panny4S 09-30-2014 11:58 PM

my right rear roll up privacy screen kreaky sounds once in a while, I just roll it up and down to get rid of it.

asfwp 10-01-2014 11:17 AM

Sometimes it's the little piece of plastic on the bottom side of the steering column and it gets better when I push and hold it. Other times I can't quite figure out but there's a rattle that comes and goes, related to ambient temperature changes.

Gabbypig 10-01-2014 05:35 PM

Mee too

My rattle / knock seems to come from the center of the dashboard, deep in like it is coming from the firewall. Seems tied to engine vibration but I do not hear it other than at idle. It is mostly intermittent so it is hard to prove to the dealer.

RattleItHome 10-08-2014 09:10 AM

Plastic bottles in the center cupholder were driving me crazy. The plastic ring left behind on the bottle vibrates with cap off and sounds like it could be coming from anywhere.

As an aside, I'm making a mahogany lid for that cupholder to match wood interior.

maverick997 10-08-2014 08:30 PM

Same here...mine is the top cover of the steering column. I push it and it goes away...comes back periodically so push it and it goes away again.

1Goodguy02 07-03-2015 04:55 PM

reviving this thread.....I have the same annoying sound/rattle coming from the dash of my 2011 Panamera 4. Any solutions?

TTCarrera 07-06-2015 08:04 AM

I've had this same problem in my Cayenne GTS, my 991S and my Macan Turbo. This is a universal problem with all Porsches.

The dash unit is mounted into the assembly frame with washers & screws. They use an automated screwdriver set to a specific torque so they don't over-tighten & crack the dash unit body.

Unfortunately, in certain temperature and /or humidity conditions there is shrinkage/expansion of something and the screw is not tight enough.

Might the sound you are hearing be from a washer that's buzzing against its screw? That's what mine were.