6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   Panamera Driver Side Window Switch Issues. (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/368156-panamera-driver-side-window-switch-issues.html)

sayadil 06-30-2015 01:44 PM

Panamera Driver Side Window Switch Issues.

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys..

I have a small issue with my driver side window control master switch. (please check attachment). Please notice how the crome has come off on one of the buttons. Apart from this cosmetic problem button works great. But crome off is not looking great. Im told the part is around 200 USD in the workshop and one can get them for around 150$ online.

Now my question is if any of you have this same issue with chrome coming off (as dealer told me its common issue) so if its a common issue then i don't see any point in paying for a new one and again chrome comes off on the new switch.

So just need your input guys whether its one off issue with mine or is it really a common thing and not worth changing the switch.

mickey6 07-01-2015 12:20 PM

Similar to what happened to our Cayenne. Too lazy to take it to the dealer so I used some super glue and it has been good for the last 6 months.

sayadil 07-01-2015 12:27 PM

Lol

Funny that u mentioned super glue today I too applied Elfy (super glue equivalent) and let's hope it stays put.

It's funny if this is a common problem why Porsche Did not fix it with upgraded Panamera or cayenne as they too have same buttons with chrome which comes off as per online research. Really Strange

BeechSierra 07-01-2015 02:10 PM

We've had two Panameras and never had the problem.

sayadil 06-18-2016 09:07 AM

My SuperGlued button finally broke off completely lol.
Any knows whether this window switch can come off from outside for replacement or do i need to open door panel in that case would have to take back to Porsche

cheetos72 06-19-2016 11:44 AM

Happened to me also. Same switch. Fortunately was under warranty at the time.

porschecayenne92 06-19-2016 12:25 PM

Mine broke in the middle . Bought a new one

sayadil 06-19-2016 04:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yeh got the switch. Heard from the parts guy that this part has been updated twice already once in 2014 and again in 2016. Part number has changed slightly in the end.

guys can you confirm whether door panel comes off for replacing the switch or does it pop out from outside only???
i know in cayenne they pop out without opening the door panel. please advice.

porschecayenne92 06-19-2016 04:29 PM

They needed to open the door and remove trim

negb 06-21-2016 08:23 AM

negb 06-21-2016 08:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cheetos72 (Post 4529220)
Happened to me also. Same switch. Fortunately was under warranty at the time.

hmmmm, very strange that such breakdown was covered by warranty.... will see what my dealer will say about that, here are pictures attached of broken switch in my Panny

sayadil 06-21-2016 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by negb (Post 4529957)
hmmmm, very strange that such breakdown was covered by warranty.... will see what my dealer will say about that, here are pictures attached of broken switch in my Panny

Mine was broken same way but I used Elfy to glue it back on. It worked for good 4-5 months before completely breaking off.
I noticed new switch is better quality... Also if u notice the child lock sign has changed. I preferred the child logo over the window logo on the new one.

sayadil 06-21-2016 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by negb (Post 4529952)

I have seen this video. Problem is that I'm in a small city and there r no big automakers here so the plastic tools that u see him using may not be available here and I don't want mechanic to use screw driver n regular steel tools. Let's see there's a Volkswagen here he may have some answers

sypherdiaz 06-21-2016 04:40 PM

This happened to me last week in my 2011 PTT, I'm just going to leave it for now. Disappointing to say the least.

kuo246 06-23-2016 10:40 PM

Mine broke off today on my CPO panamera, I called the dealer and dealer said its a "wear and tear trim item" not covered by the CPO warranty. Truly disappointing but what you gonna do? Nobody notices it but me