6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   Activating porsche connect (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/385159-activating-porsche-connect.html)

Chris R 02-29-2016 02:59 AM

Activating porsche connect

I just got a pre owned 15 Panamera se hybrid . Absolutely love it. Just wanted to know if the dealer charges and if so what's the average to activate the Porsche connect in my car?

ace10 02-29-2016 05:22 AM

To point out the obvious... you really should ask them directly.

And in my opinion, after using PCC for nearly two years, you should really consider if you want/need it. Aside from tracking the car and knowing the fuel/charge state, there isn't a lot of functionality. IMO

You *really* are going to want to develop a rapport with a great service writer at your P store. Somebody who has at least a passing understanding of the SeH's and a willingness to go the extra mile.

Chris R 02-29-2016 05:50 AM

Yes. I plan to go to the dealer today. But since it was Sunday and closed and I got the car Saturday I just took a shot to see if anyone on the forum had some insight. I will have the answer in a few hours. I will share my experience in a hope that it helps someone else.

Gus_Smedstad 02-29-2016 08:05 PM

Shouldn't be any charge to activate it, I'd think. On the other hand, there's a subscription cost for all of the services other than the e-Mobility stuff. The e-Mobility stuff has a subscription cost too, but you get the first 5 years for free. Which is really what the cost should be for all of it.

I was kinda pysched about Porsche Car Connect when I first started using it on my 2015 SE Hybrid, but after a while I realized there's almost nothing there that's actually useful. About the only thing is that it'll tell you how long until it expects to finish charging.

Once the car's active, you have an account with the website (pcc.cobratelematics.com). That's where you generate activation codes to connect the phone app to your car.

bishopdablack 03-01-2016 11:48 AM

I might forget to lock the doors sometimes but thats really the only time ive ever used it

Chris R 03-01-2016 04:48 PM

Dealer activated it for free. I have the auxiliary ac/heat. So it will be nice to pre heat my car.

Gus_Smedstad 03-01-2016 07:17 PM

Pre-heating my car was one of the major things I wanted when I got Car Connect. Then I found out it required an additional option ("auxiliary climate control") that I hadn't ordered. Blah.

Chris R 03-01-2016 08:20 PM

Also for anyone else wondering. The dealer connected some kind of computer to the car to activate it. So you definitely need to go to the dealer to do it.

Robotpedlr 03-04-2016 03:23 PM

For those that have PCC and didn't renew after your trial period ended. Did your services "reappear" recently? Most of my services expired last fall (except the eMobility that is good for 5 years I think). I seem to recall that the icons dropped off of my PCC app, which was to be expected.

However a few weeks ago everything came back and I have full functionality. Find My car, Geo Fence, Remote, etc. I even have access to lock my doors now, which I never had as they told me initially that my build was too early to get the correct module for that...but now it works.

paul29 03-04-2016 08:59 PM

Also have a cpo 2015 Cayenne S E-Hybrid and set up the PCC process and gave the code to the dealer and the PCC was enabled. Haven't used it yet, can it be used without charge or is a subscription needed?

Chris R 03-04-2016 10:21 PM

Dealer told me its included for free for 5 years on hybrids. So it depends if your the first to activate it how long you will have it for free.

Robotpedlr 03-05-2016 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Chris R (Post 4482007)
Dealer told me its included for free for 5 years on hybrids. So it depends if your the first to activate it how long you will have it for free.

I think only the emobility service is included for 5 years. The rest is a 9 or 12 month trial. As I mentioned all the optional service went away after my trail expired (except emobility). But now they all appear to be back on my iPhone and functioning. Ironically on my iPad I still only have emobility. Might be a fluke that granted extra features inadvertently.

Here is a price list I found.

Gus_Smedstad 03-05-2016 09:17 AM

No, I still only have the eMobility stuff, which as you noted is the only part of the package that's supposed to be free for 5 years. None of it is worth an annual fee IMHO, let alone $300 / year. Maybe if the remote heating / cooling worked on my car I might be willing to pay $30 / year for that feature, but $300? No.

Robotpedlr 03-05-2016 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I see currently. Which is more then I should since everything expired

Gus_Smedstad 03-05-2016 10:58 AM

It's worth noting that My Car shows up even if all you have is eMobility. It has a Remote tab, but it doesn't have any options anymore - not even the useless "fold mirrors."