Sponsored by:

Seat Bolsters not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 06:40 AM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
Seat Bolsters not working

Hi all

The seat bolsters on my PTT have stopped working. The ones at your hips / thighs & back of knees.

The back support ones work fine. (Lower middle & upper) and the rest of the seat adjustments work fine. Also the seat heating work fine too.

I have checked all fuses and they are fine.

It has stopped working on both driver & passenger. Is there any suggestions from members here who have gone through the same thing?

I cant figure it out?

Also, another question regarding the homelink in the overhead panel. I have the 3 buttons there, but how do i know if my car is optioned with homelink? I have tired the resetting procedure, but no light appears. Even if the car didint come optioned with it from factory, are the buttons still there? Or is mine not working too?

Thanks

Old 06-29-2016, 11:56 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by amgpan
Hi all

The seat bolsters on my PTT have stopped working. The ones at your hips / thighs & back of knees.

The back support ones work fine. (Lower middle & upper) and the rest of the seat adjustments work fine. Also the seat heating work fine too.

I have checked all fuses and they are fine.

It has stopped working on both driver & passenger. Is there any suggestions from members here who have gone through the same thing?

I cant figure it out?

Also, another question regarding the homelink in the overhead panel. I have the 3 buttons there, but how do i know if my car is optioned with homelink? I have tired the resetting procedure, but no light appears. Even if the car didint come optioned with it from factory, are the buttons still there? Or is mine not working too?

Thanks
Strange that a particular function in the seats would go bad and not affect other things, that would eliminate the harness or fuses, in fact having both the driver and passenger seat going out seems extra strange.

Regarding homelink- if you have the buttons you have the functionality. Do any of the buttons light up when you press them? (vehicle needs to be "on")

Old 06-30-2016, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yes it's strange regarding the seats. Are they run off air from the suspension compressor? Because it happened after I got the car back from having the valve block and compressor replaced.

Regarding home link nothing at all lights up when pressed.

Old 07-01-2016, 02:38 PM
allroadusa has a spectacular aura aboutallroadusa has a spectacular aura about
Hi,
If it has to do with electrical pb then the heated seats should be out too because bolsters and heat are linked to the same fuse. Could you confirm ?

Last edited by allroadusa; 07-01-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:42 AM
Heated seats work fine. Its so odd.
Would it at all be linked to the air in the suspension compressor?

Old 07-02-2016, 11:07 AM
last911 has a spectacular aura aboutlast911 has a spectacular aura about
Heated seats work fine. Its so odd.
Would it at all be linked to the air in the suspension compressor?
As Adaptive Sport Seats are available on many Porsche models without air suspension, I can guess with near 100% certainty that they are not in any way connected to your suspension system. However, it's not uncommon for a machanic to inadvertently bump or dislodge a wiring connector as they work on a car. I think seat problem is a coincidence that it occurred after your suspension repair.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:06 AM
This is still baffling me. I am going to spend some time on it this week, and report back my findings.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:46 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
This is still baffling me. I am going to spend some time on it this week, and report back my findings.
Please keep us posted on your findings.