Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VR ECU Tune experience = Excellent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Shattuck is an unknown quantity at this point
VR ECU Tune experience = Excellent

I finally got around to applying the ECU tune from VR. i used the supplied ODBII tuning tool - MyGenius.

Very simple process.
1. Load SW on your Computer
2. Update your MyGenius
3. Plug into ODBII on car and Extract the ECU.
4. Upload to computer and email to VR
5. VR send back a new file you load on MyGenius
6. Connect back to ODBII and update ECU

I received my ECU file back from VR in less than an hour, and i sent it to them in the early evening. i was expecting not to see it until the next day.

Observations.....

Wow, it is FAST! I was not sure what to expect, this is my first ECU tune. But the difference is noticeable in all settings. Comfort mode is more responsive an turbo lag is a bit less. Sport Plus is really, really quick.

I do have my snow tires on at the moment and with the new tune it will spin the tires from 1st gear, launch mode, or while putting your foot into it going around a corner. it did not do this before.

i am not very sophisticated when it comes to having anything to really accurately time trial the car. but my son and i have hand timed, 0-60 runs before and after the tune. the result of 10 runs before and 10 runs after, taking in the same spot are, before tune AVG - 3.79 after, 3.38. (Sport Plus Mode, PSM on, Launch Control - not sure if these are the best settings)

it was noticeably quicker.

also, another effect i noticed, was my highway MPG went up. my office is 87mile from my home, 80 miles on Highway. i make the journey ~three days a week and closely monitor the MPG. depending on the weather, specifically wind, i have averaged 26.3 MPG over the last few months. which i was thrilled with.

the first trip to my office after the tune, i got 28 MPG. i was blown away. see attached screen shot.

all in all, i am very happy with the VR tune.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:06 AM
Timothy Oh is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Shattuck, appreciate the feedback. Great to hear that your results were good/excellent. I'm very interested in the VR plug n play kit/ECU tune, and was wondering what year/model panamera you have? I currently drive the '15 Panamera 4s 3.0L turbo.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Shattuck is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Turbo

Old 02-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Awesome! Thank you for the post and glad you are enjoying the tune

Old 02-24-2017, 08:30 AM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
I am seeing similar results with my Vivid Racing Tune on my 2010 PTT. I have seen up to 38 mpg at 65 mph on flat ground. Drops to 32 mpg at 72 mph. Around town at 45 mph I am getting around 28-30 mpg. Now when I put my foot to the floor to enjoy the extra HP the tune gave me, I don't care about mpg!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.