Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a 2011 Panamera 4S

Old 02-17-2017, 05:45 PM
shaymasdaddy06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Considering a 2011 Panamera 4S

Hey there.... I need your help. I found a super clean '11 4S with 62K miles. It's a 2 owner fully loaded and has the clear bras on the front and back. I test drove it today and it was very solid. It seemed there was a little lag in getting the V8 to run. Overall it's in great condition for a 6 yr old Panny. The dealer is asking $43.8K. The only issue is that I tried to get a warranty on another 2011 S with 35K miles and Carchek (formally FD warranties) would not cover it. Is anyone else having issues getting an extended warranty on a '11 Panny? I'm not going to waste $s on a PPI if I can't get a extended warranty for it.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:52 AM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
Getting a CPO'd car is the best way to go in my opinion. Try buying from a private seller that bought the car from a Porsche dealer CPO'D. You'll probably save a bit and have some warranty left. Or get a newer car CPO'D directly from Porsche.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:23 AM
Jafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to beholdJafetica888 is a splendid one to behold
They are absolutely phenomenal cars, but frightening expensive and/ or even maintain (my local Porsche dealer charges $150/hour for labor).
Keep this in mind when you buy a used one - just the 60k service will set you back $2500...

But if they drive, omg it is fabulous!

Old 02-18-2017, 12:34 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
To the OP: what do you mean by lag in getting the V8 to run? You mean going from a stop at idle? Like a delay between gas pedal and engine responding? If so it might be the version of PDK on the car.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:35 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
And if you really want that car, doing a PPI is ALWAYS the right thing to do on something 6 years old.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by chance6
To the OP: what do you mean by lag in getting the V8 to run? You mean going from a stop at idle? Like a delay between gas pedal and engine responding? If so it might be the version of PDK on the car.
The delay between the gas pedal and the engine responding is exactly what I am referring to. Was there an upgrade to the PDK from 2011 to 2016?

Old 02-19-2017, 11:36 AM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by shaymasdaddy06
The delay between the gas pedal and the engine responding is exactly what I am referring to. Was there an upgrade to the PDK from 2011 to 2016?
Had a 2012 p4 and there was significant delay if you mash the pedal because it downshifted from 2nd gear to first before accelerating. My current PDK shifts instantaneously into first when needed. Try manually selecting first gear from a stop. There should be no delay. Yes they did improve the PDK shifting speed but other than the delayed drop down to first, I liked the shifting in the 2012.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 AM
2thDoctor is on a distinguished road
It also should not have a lag when in Sport/SportPlus mode.

Originally Posted by riden
Had a 2012 p4 and there was significant delay if you mash the pedal because it downshifted from 2nd gear to first before accelerating. My current PDK shifts instantaneously into first when needed. Try manually selecting first gear from a stop. There should be no delay. Yes they did improve the PDK shifting speed but other than the delayed drop down to first, I liked the shifting in the 2012.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
Getting a CPO'd car is the best way to go in my opinion. Try buying from a private seller that bought the car from a Porsche dealer CPO'D. You'll probably save a bit and have some warranty left. Or get a newer car CPO'D directly from Porsche.
EmmHolla...That is what I may have to do. I called CarChex again for an extended warranty and the guy stated they no longer provided extended warranties for any Panameras or 911s. He stated recent claims have killed them. They do offer extended warranties for S7s so that maybe my next option.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Found a super clean '11 Panny S with 52K miles for $43K. I can also get a warranty but the best term is 3/36K miles with $100 duct at the cost of $5,995. The issue is that I drive 18K miles a year so I would dealing with warranty issues again on 2 years. Ideally if I could get 3 years and at least 60k mile left of of warranty, I would make it happen. For now, it's not the best purchase scenario for me although it did pass the PPI with no issues.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:39 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
Look at the private listing to see if someone is trying to get out of a CPO car.. You may find something that will work there.. Aftermarket warranties scare me.. They are pretty good and trying to weasel out of paying claims..

Old 02-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Look at the private listing to see if someone is trying to get out of a CPO car.. You may find something that will work there.. Aftermarket warranties scare me.. They are pretty good and trying to weasel out of paying claims..
Thanks. That is a good alternative. It's good I'm not in a rush. I've been learning alot from this forum so that when I do get my Panny, I'll be able to enjoy it.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:11 AM
Big C is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a 2013 4S for my wife. The factory warranty runs until June and the CPO adds two more years.

Prior to the end of the CPO warranty we can extend the terms for two more years for about $4000.

I have zero experience with aftermarket warranties and I have heard good and bad reviews. However, I like being covered by the Porsche factory warranty in a car like the Panamera.

Colin

Old 02-28-2017, 03:57 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I have purchased two Porsches which both came as CPO warranty cars. Just like a regular factory warranty but run longer. It s the only way I ll buy one with the cost of a repair (if or when its needed).
I can t see spending thousands a year on a warranty. Be advised that a CPO car will cost a few thousand more.
When the warranty is up, I m out.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:42 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
$44k sounds like a good deal to me! I've got a 2010 4s with 55k miles...bought it new, car is a tank...I love it!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.