Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it worth buying a used porsche panamera over 65K miles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 03:55 PM
tristanrod77 is an unknown quantity at this point
is it worth buying a used porsche panamera over 65K miles?

Im new to the porsche world and I'm trying to learn more about it. I am looking for a used panamera but just not sure at to what extent should i consider when it comes to miles with clean title. Also is there a specific year thats better or worst than the other. Need your opinion on Panamera with 60k miles and above

Old 03-18-2017, 10:11 PM
Chedman13 is on a distinguished road
Personally I would go for a 2014-on and mileage I'm not concerned about as long as you get a warranty.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:32 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
agree, the newer the better as far as year. Warranty is a must (or deep pockets in case of repairs).... just be prepared.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:36 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
BTW, don t be surprised how expensive (IMO) those warranties are. Budget that into your total cost.
My plan when buying my last two was to pay a little more and get a CPO warranty car from Porsche.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:39 AM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone expound on the necessity of a warranty? What goes wrong with these cars that makes a warranty necessary? Thanks

Old 04-01-2017, 05:48 AM
rmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura aboutrmjjensen has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by orangeokie
Can anyone expound on the necessity of a warranty? What goes wrong with these cars that makes a warranty necessary? Thanks
I bought a warranty with mine. I don't think they are many known issues (aside from control arm bushings, camshaft bolt sheering in the earlier years and coolant pipes bursting).

For me, the issue is that every part on this car is expensive. Considering how many electronic modules there are in the vehicle even a minor repair could be a $1,000.

The warranty gives me piece of mind that I won't be paying the dealer thousands of dollars while still making payments on the car itself.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by orangeokie

IMO it s not "what goes wrong", certainly a list can be made of common issues but it s the cost of parts/repairs when something does go. For example a $25,000 transmission, which may not be common but can and does happen. My two Porsche have been extremely reliable but had limited mileage (under 25K). My spoiler retracting unit started to make noise on my 911 and was over $1K to repair. Thankfully like I suggested I had a CPO warranty.
$2K front end repairs are somewhat common in an early Pana. For some that may not be a big deal or upset them but other s will think it expensive.
So just to be fair and balanced, you can get a good independent shop and save a few dollars if you find a trustworthy place.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.