Sponsored by:

Great Panamera Car Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:15 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Great Panamera Car Seats

I have two children 3 and 5yrs old and I have always been on the quest for the safest car seats. Maxi-Cosi were the best until they got bigger and I got a Panamera which is a bit smaller in the back than my S63. I also have the Porsche Toddler seat but it seems cheap to me and I dislike that it just secured with the seatbelt.

I just came across some great seats with a rigid "latch" system that attaches the frame of the seat directly to the latch points in the rear seats. These seats are great - and fit tight as drum in the back of the Panamera. They are built like a rock too.

I now have two in every car. They are made by Clek and here is their website http://clekinc.com/oobr/ Amazon has some great deals on them too if you don't want a fancy color.

I thought I would just share it with everyone that may need car seats. Below are a few pics of them fitted in my car.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-04-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
very nice make sure they dont whip lash from the massive tourque

Old 07-02-2011, 08:26 AM
dhh
They are trained pros - at stop-lights they push their feet against the front seats and put their heads back. They also yell "go go go" when the light turns green! I've created monsters.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:08 AM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
I see you had a mercedes s63 and had the booster seats in the car. I just got a panni and installed the booster seats in the rear for our 7 and 5 year old daughters.

In the Panni the rear seats have the headrest built into the seat vs my mercedes e (replaced with panni) and mercedes s both have collapsible head rest and the boosters seats fit fine. The booster seat top rest against the top of the rear seat. I called a couple of porsche dealerships and they did not have an answer.

any thoughts on how they fit ???

also I put a rubber mat under each of the seats and a mat between the top of the booster seat and the rear seat.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:24 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Thanks, I just ordered them for my cayenne. I assume they will fit just the same as your panny. This was very helpful as I was feeling the same way of the current child-seats we have in terms of safety and comfort for the kids.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

hehe, nice!
Originally Posted by dhh
They are trained pros - at stop-lights they push their feet against the front seats and put their heads back. They also yell "go go go" when the light turns green! I've created monsters.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:41 PM
dhh
Originally Posted by RobertM
I see you had a mercedes s63 and had the booster seats in the car. I just got a panni and installed the booster seats in the rear for our 7 and 5 year old daughters.

In the Panni the rear seats have the headrest built into the seat vs my mercedes e (replaced with panni) and mercedes s both have collapsible head rest and the boosters seats fit fine. The booster seat top rest against the top of the rear seat. I called a couple of porsche dealerships and they did not have an answer.

any thoughts on how they fit ???

also I put a rubber mat under each of the seats and a mat between the top of the booster seat and the rear seat.

The Cleks actually can recline or slide forward on their frame while still connected to the LATCH points - it seems to prevent that issue. I remember in my S63 I used to put a bottle of water under the seat to level them out. They are by far the best fit i have seen in a car.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Dr Chill is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dhh
Just wait, pretty soon they'll be chanting "launch control, launch control".

Old 07-11-2011, 05:44 AM
jouzef is on a distinguished road
that's cool

Old 08-05-2011, 01:06 PM
wolfy is on a distinguished road
niceeeeee

Old 08-06-2011, 11:59 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
thanks for the tip. Those britax are way too large.

Last edited by falb; 08-07-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:03 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for this. I will be getting into a Panamera next year, and my kids will be 4 and 7. This is perfect.

I had a 997 that I put car seats in (my kids were 2 and 5 at the time) and I had to research the hell out of the Internet to find what I needed (plus a lot of trial and error). But they loved sitting back there, and will love it more in the Panamera.

Cheers,

-Eddie

Last edited by lakerholic; 08-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
ISOFIX latches are the only way to secure a child seat. I tend to by my child seats based on test results and the forces affecting the child.

Eurotest consumer researcd test seats every year: side, front impact forces+stability and usability of the seats. Sorry found test results only in Finnish. Clek was not on the tested list:

http://www.autoliitto.fi/testit_ja_a...turvaistuimet/

Does your car have rear side airbag option? I have them in all my cars, but never really found any final word on this. I read an expert opinnion that said anything protecting the baby from the side impact is good. When we bought our suv, the car salesman told us that you cant have this option with the child seat. Later that evening I read an euro ncap test and saw the child impacts with excellent results were tested withnside airbags, so I believe they are good.

Nice looking seats anyway. I have a waterproof soft cover under the seats to protect the leather. Can recommend using covers.

Last edited by kip; 08-19-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 PM
dhh
I like the idea of the covers under the seats - I cringe every time my kids drink chocolate milk back there.

I think all cars in the US come with standard rear airbags.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:30 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dhh
I like the idea of the covers under the seats - I cringe every time my kids drink chocolate milk back there.

I think all cars in the US come with standard rear airbags.
Ibought this, waterproof, doesnt slip, soft pad to protect against impressions.

sunshinekidsbaby.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZM21540

This is actually fun, because when I spoke about the children isofix pack for the 997 tt, no one answered me vs. 274 answers on my tuning topic in the 997 tt forum =)

Last edited by kip; 08-20-2011 at 01:38 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Great Panamera Car Seats