Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera 4 E-hybrid

Old 05-11-2017, 04:19 PM
sypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nicesypherdiaz is just really nice
Panamera 4 E-hybrid

Any one have these on order?

I've been told they won't be in the showroom until the summer - so no test drives until then. I have a 2011 Turbo and am looking to get into a new Panamera. The E-hybrid would be a great choice for me as my commute each was is just under 20km. I'm also considering the 100D but that would be a total switch in thinking and how I approach owning a car. Has anyone also thought the 100D in light of ordering the 4 E-hybrid. I've priced out both cars and they come out pretty similarly, the advantage is the huge tax rebate we get in Ontario, Canada for the Tesla ($14k) vs. the Porsche ($3K). I'm test driving the 100D next week and I will post my thoughts if anyone is interested, comparing it to my PTT.

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2017, 09:16 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
462 hp combined in the new E-hybrid- I think and I've read it's a massive improvement over the older S E-hybrid. You'd be at the top in terms of all the hybrid tech.

Keep in mind they are heavy, maybe heavier than your PTT.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:47 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if you can tune the V6 back to the full output. The eHybrid has the 2.9V6 detuned from 440hp to 330hp. If you tuned it to full output, you would get a 550hp hybrid.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
If your definition of performance is restricted to a straight line, 100D is your car. If your definition of driving a fun car is restricted to 250 miles or less, 100D is your car. If you enjoy LD travel by driving out of your way to park in the middle of nowhere interesting for an hour every 250 miles, 100D is your car. If you want to pay over 100K but want the comfort level and the handling capabilities of a 30k non-luxury car, 100D is your car. If 35MPG is not green enough for you to get the 500+ miles range per fuel up, 100D is your car. If you want pay over 100k for a car and don't mind signing an agreement to keep all problems away from public in exchange for warranty service, 100D is your car. If you live in Georgia, and you want to pay $200 instead of $35 for a green TAG to get on the HOV express lanes, 100D is your car. If you want to brag about spending 100k on a car that can squeeze 5 people in cardboard (that's what they felt like) seats, instead of 4 first class seats, 100D is your car.

If you want a car that you can enjoy without range limits, a car that can handle corners, a car that is designed to be driven with high intelligence (PDLS+, LCA, etc.), and not auto-piloted, a car that may not be the quickest, but can go way beyond 120MPH on demand safely and reliably, a car that was actually tested and tuned in wind tunnel with spoilers, a car that has been driven by many at very high speed reliably on Autobahn eveyday, a car which uses hybrid technology that was used in races, including Le Mans 24 (spells reliability), I would think really hard before I get a 100D. I am speaking from experience. 100D is a sedan that tries to look like a sports car. I had to make that decision a few months ago, and I chose the S e-Hybrid. I really liked AWD, but I need a comfortable car to take my family on road trips, and a fuel efficient car to save fuel and engine wear in Atlanta traffic, and a sports car when I am driving alone. I have revisited my decision, and I never regretted once. Tesla can win 0-60MPH, AWD, and about the same price when fully loaded. But for all the other line items, Model S does not even come remotely close. Panamera is a sports car, made by a sports car only company, that tried to look like a sedan. However, no matter how hard it tried to disguise itself, Panamera is still a true sports car. Now that the 4 e-Hybrid is available, it should be a simple decision.

Last edited by atwong1; 05-15-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
By the way, what is that green bar on top of my steering wheel for? I noticed that it's only on PSeH's, but not on regular Panamera's.

Last edited by atwong1; 05-20-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:23 PM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
From what I know it locates the top position for the wheels to be tracking straight. This would apply to auto crossing and in some cases track racing.

Last edited by mziegler38; 05-22-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.