Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler failure alert but spoiler working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 01:54 AM
swampydrill is on a distinguished road
Spoiler failure alert but spoiler working

I used the Panamera yesterday, weather has been quite icey and when i get to 100kph i get a spoiler failure alert, even though the spoiler does activate at 100 and then goes back down again. I imagine there will be a fault in the ECU, if cleared, should this rectify it or is there a sensor issue that anyone has come across

Old 12-18-2017, 10:32 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
if it reset then I wouldn t do anything unless you get fault again. I had that happen over a year ago with some headlight malfunction message. Never got it again. Just keep an eye open.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:32 PM
My friend plugged his Snap on scan tool in and it showed a motor failure and also out of calibration. The motor has not failed because the spoiler still works, even if it is down and i reach 100 kph, it rises up which i guess is it's default position at that speed. The scan tool did show that the spoiler was down, when it was actually up so will try for a re-calibration and see if that works, as long as the motor is ok then it must be calibration or a positional issue

Old 01-02-2018, 02:38 AM
An update on my spoiler issue, my friend suggested holding the spoiler button down for a few seconds longer than after the spoiler is actually retracted, i done 10 seconds. Then held the button in for 10 secs after the spoiler was up, i now do not get a spoiler alarm when over 100 kph, don't know if that fixed it or it fixed itself somehow but is good now.

Old 03-09-2020, 08:57 AM
besart is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, swampydrill
did you do the procedure with the car stopped or while driving?
I too have the same problem.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:05 PM
Emerging Sponsor
atwong1 will become famous soon enough
This usually means someone left the spoiler open during fall, and leaves are trapped inside and started decaying. The rotten leaves then jammed up the drain hole and caused a flood inside the spoiler compartment. When the motors are suspended in water long enough, spoiler failure starts. To fix that, the best place is 9xxresearch.com.