Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY got my wheels. "Only" 29 weeks wait!!!

Old 10-01-2017, 02:37 PM
ArneR is an unknown quantity at this point
FINALLY got my wheels. "Only" 29 weeks wait!!!

Hi all

Found a set of wheels i wanted to get for my Panamera, the Forgestar F14, Super deep concave.

I found a dealer, and ordered the wheels.

And here the problems stareted. in the end of february i paid for a complete set of wheels included tires.

I ordered them at Auto Talent and was told there would be a lead time on 5-6 weeks for the wheels at Forgestar.

Same time for the tires. Pirelli Pzero nero in 265/30-22 and 315/25-22.

2. of may i got an email where they told me the rear tires will be discontinued and replaced by the PZ4 Pirelli due to be released next month.

10. of july i got another email where they still did not have any tires for me, and had called 35+ places to check.

Well, i chekced myself, and found several places in europe that had them, and this i told them as well.

Finally the wheels arrived, BUT. No PZ4 tires. It was regular P zero tires. And this they never told me before they sent them. I had been waiting for many months and then i got the tires i should have many months sooner???
They also told me that they had to pay very high shipping for the new tires to get them. Why would they not tell me that i would receive the p zero ones after they got them?

And it get worse. When i got the wheels and tires, they were only put in regular cardboard boxes with no " handle with care" stickers or anything. And the box with the wheel bolts was laying loose inside one of the wheels so it was badly damaged in the paint. I ordered the wheels powdercoated bronze.

See for your self

And why on heavens earth would they use silver balancing on those dark wheels?? Looks aweful. The answer to this was that they used another company, and the silver was all they had that day. Let me wait 7 month, but could not spend a couple of hours to get some black ones?

So no matter what, i now have to get the silver ones removed, and get them re balanced with black ones. And the deep scratches in the paint work looks terrible.

So for me, it seems they dont want to take any responsebility. They are blaming the shipping company for throwing the wheels around so the box with bolts fell off the cardboard( even though i was not able to see that the box had been taped anywhere.

And they blame the tire shop for using the silver balancing blocks.

And now they are telling me it will be to expensive to send me an undamaged wheel.

What do you guys think of this. Should i just tolerate this, and take the loss? Or is there anything to be done in cases like this.

I feel pretty helpless, living in Norway. So i cant just drop by. If i could i would be there already.

Feeling disappointed

Last edited by ArneR; 10-01-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:51 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
so hopefully you paid by credit card. Dispute transaction with card company and they will immediately refund card and take payment from vendor. This always gets their attention as you now have the wheels and the money. Now they will address your concerns. If you didn t pay by card, polish out wheel as best as possible and rebalance. Then put up some posts on these sites about the vendor that screwed you.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:57 PM
I did bank transfer

Old 10-01-2017, 04:13 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Ask bank if they do dispute purchases... probably not but worth a try.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:57 AM
P.Viby is on a distinguished road
One more thing - something is wrong when you on a new set of wheels and tires use so much balancing weight.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by P.Viby
One more thing - something is wrong when you on a new set of wheels and tires use so much balancing weight.

A professional place would have spun the tire on the rim to see if it could balance with less weights.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:32 AM
P.Viby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cerbomark
A professional place would have spun the tire on the rim to see if it could balance with less weights.
Agree - unless there is something wrong with wheel or tire.

Tried with a new Michelin tire once, that I got a new one since it was to much out limits.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:16 PM
I agree with all of you. Also, on tires there are color dots on the tire you can use to help balance the wheels. I will get this re balanced correctly with less weights and of course black ones.

Still no solution from Auto Talent.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Just got a reply from Auto Talent, and they will get a new wheel made, powdercoated and shipped to me. They would also take the cost for re fitting the tire, and re balancing.

I am happy with that outcome.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:02 PM
As well they should, great!

Old 10-08-2017, 11:18 PM
amgpan is an unknown quantity at this point
any pics of them on the car?

Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Glad this got sorted out in favor of the OP...sucks when you have to wait for something and then its damaged, sucks more when the company acts if if they are doing you a favor to fix something they did or didn't do.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Please post pics of the car with the wheels on when you get everything sorted out. Sounds like its going to be a great setup on your car.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by ArneR
Just got a reply from Auto Talent, and they will get a new wheel made, powdercoated and shipped to me. They would also take the cost for re fitting the tire, and re balancing.

I am happy with that outcome.

WELL, it seems they were only giving me a lot of bull****. Its incredible how bad some companies treat their customers.

Here is what Golan at Auto Talent wrote in a email to me:

Arne,

I can get you a new wheel shipped to you and take care of any mounting / balancing charges you incur. Shipping another wheel + tire is not something I can do. Let me know if this works and I can have the wheel made rush.

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 1:33 AM

Now i dont get any reply from them, and they have not sent me a new wheels. So im still stuck with one damaged wheel that need repair.

So disappointed. Well, at least you guys know where to NEVER buy your wheels.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:04 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
looks typical to me.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.