Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone talk some sense into me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 11:29 PM
atorreon is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone talk some sense into me

Been lurking for a solid Panamera for a few weeks and have unfortunately seen some turds. I started searching for alternatives and found in my opinion a perfectly spec’d put BMW 750. I know I’m gonna get a biased response but why should I choose a Panamera over the 7? Thanks in advance for the advice

Old 04-20-2018, 05:15 AM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
This is the car you want. And the seller is an awesome dude.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...c-va-area.html

Old 04-20-2018, 05:44 AM
Roofmuny is an unknown quantity at this point
This is only in my opinion- but the panamera is only for certain drivers...I think it looks out of the ordinary from “every” car on the road, which is a head turner. You feel every shift like you’re on a race track without losing the comfort. I think it’s more customizable then the 750 if that is something your into. I think the inside of a BMW looks bland, where the panamera looks like a cockpit and your about to take off.

Don’t be afraid to get a panny and then buy an extended warranty and you should be good to go

again these are just my opinions

Old 04-20-2018, 12:30 PM
orangeokie is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with Roof . . . the panny is a rare and exceptional car that looks like no other. The performance of the V8 Turbo is phenomenal. I always get cell phone photo takers and thumbs up every where I go. I'm glad the public likes my car, but I like it even more. BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus, they are all so ordinary to me now.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:21 PM
aquatone is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree too with roof and orange also. I have had my 2012 Turbo-S for about 2-months and have never had a car that presents such a sense of occasion every time I get in. Its far more customizable and that learning process makes you feel far more involved with the car. Also never had a car that displays lateral and directional g-forces in the instrumentation with a speedometer that goes up to 225mph. In terms of build quality the Panamera also feels more solid than a BMW or any Merc I have had. It does get noticed which may be a good or bad thing for you. Even just the roar of it starting up in the parking lot turns heads. Then that whole spoiler deployment party trick on the freeway. Pickup trucks and Honda Civics all seem consumed with a desire to prove they can outrun you.

The BMW 7 is well.. not very exciting. It's always been in the shade of the S-Class if you want a luxo barge. The Panamera is a different beast. (Emphasis on beast)

Old 04-23-2018, 04:32 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
BM-TROUBLE-You..... too many friends and family that have had Bimmers and all have various problems with them.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:37 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
"I know I’m gonna get a biased response but why should I choose a Panamera over the 7? "

Don't come here, go read the BMW 7 forum. That will convince you to come back.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:36 AM
I can’t even make this up...750 in route from Vegas gets to shop and during inspection the engine blows!!! I guess the Car Gods are telling me something

on that note... is 75k miles too much for a 2013 S? The car is clean and PPI went well.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:11 PM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by atorreon
I can’t even make this up...750 in route from Vegas gets to shop and during inspection the engine blows!!! I guess the Car Gods are telling me something

So you're saying Roofmuny, orangeokie, aquatone, 2010Panny4S and me are Car Gods!

Old 04-27-2018, 03:37 PM
E92M3970G1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been in your exact predicament, sorta. I had an E65 750i for five years, great commute car. All of a sudden every trip to the dealer came back with a script of service this and that. Basically trouble free for five years and then the cliff. Anyhow, I had been in a Beamer for 19 years and started looking at other 7s. Damn fine luxo barges but find your model and then go to the owner forum and prepare to be scared. There was a batch, 2013-15, or thereabouts with gobs of problems. That was enough to turn my attention to CTS V or Panamera. One year later, I grin everyday of my commute hammering down on the Panny. The Panamera is a four door race car where the 7 is very comfortable fast car.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by knowspin

So you're saying Roofmuny, orangeokie, aquatone, 2010Panny4S and me are Car Gods!

haha, I like that, sounds way better then being called an ******* ha

Old 04-27-2018, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=E92M3970G1;4712019]I've been in your exact predicament, sorta. I had an E65 750i for five years, great commute car. All of a sudden every trip to the dealer came back with a script of service this and that. Basically trouble free for five years and then the cliff. Anyhow, I had been in a Beamer for 19 years and started looking at other 7s. Damn fine luxo barges but find your model and then go to the owner forum and prepare to be scared. There was a batch, 2013-15, or thereabouts with gobs of problems. That was enough to turn my attention to CTS V or Panamera. One year later, I grin everyday of my commute hammering down on the Panny. The Panamera is a four door race car where the 7 is very comfortable fast car.[/QUOT

i sold my 2 door customized CTS which was a head turner because I needed a change, both a phenomenal cars

Old 04-27-2018, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Roofmuny

haha, I like that, sounds way better then being called an ******* ha

haha