Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do... 2010 PTT (input needed)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 04:30 AM
Coke4class is an unknown quantity at this point
What to do... 2010 PTT (input needed)

I have a 2010 PTT with 18500 miles on the odometer. I have been throwing around the idea of possibly selling the PTT and picking up a different car. My PTT is near full option...(only missing ceramic brakes and cooling seats).

Option 1: I was thinking about 2018 Toyota 4Runner Off Road...

Option 2: Porsche Macan turbo (used) or something similar... (that is 2016-2017 models)...

What would you guys do... I know its all subjective, but I wanted to see what ya'll think.

Aloha

Old 05-21-2018, 07:25 AM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
Do you not like the PTT? You've already experienced the bulk of its depreciation and there are barely any miles on it - the car should seem nearly new.

It sounds like you may prefer an SUV based on the options you're considering - the Audi SQ5 is another option and close cousin to the Macan.

I prefer driving the PTT myself as it's my DD and mountain home commuter. I have my H2 for any off-roading and hauling my dirt bikes.

What is motivating your desire to change?

Old 05-21-2018, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by skiracer13
Do you not like the PTT? You've already experienced the bulk of its depreciation and there are barely any miles on it - the car should seem nearly new.

It sounds like you may prefer an SUV based on the options you're considering - the Audi SQ5 is another option and close cousin to the Macan.

I prefer driving the PTT myself as it's my DD and mountain home commuter. I have my H2 for any off-roading and hauling my dirt bikes.

What is motivating your desire to change?

Thank you for your input...

Honestly, I love the PTT... it pretty much has everything I could ask for in a vehicle (luxury/performance). Its a tough decision to let go of that. (ie. picking out another car and going down on the performance aspect of it)

I have never owned a SUV before... so this is just a random thought... my main reason for the 4Runner TRD , its only cause I can pick up a brand new 2018 for about 46k. I guess the new car and not having to worry about any issues.... that's the attraction, perhaps?

On the hind sight, I am afraid to pull the trigger... because I have never driven any SUV's and what IF I don't like it... I have always had 2dr or 4 dr sedan's... (M3, M5, S4, C63, lotus... etc)

Old 05-21-2018, 12:56 PM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
If you're trading in the PTT grab a newer PTT. I'd have instant buyers remorse going from Porsche to a Toyota or going from a V8 to a V6..

Old 05-21-2018, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by EmmHolla
If you're trading in the PTT grab a newer PTT. I'd have instant buyers remorse going from Porsche to a Toyota or going from a V8 to a V6..
That is one of my biggest concern and fear...and stopping me to actually doing this.

Perhaps I should purchase aftermarket insurance for a piece of mind....? Anyone have experience with this? Is this possible with vehicles that are already out of factory warranty?

Old 05-22-2018, 09:00 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Nothing. Keep the PTT - especially since the miles are low.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:24 AM
skiracer13 is on a distinguished road
you probably could get a good after market warranty w/ such low mileage, but I'd keep the cash, drive it and enjoy it and keep it maintained. It's a Porsche after all and in general a very reliable car. cheers!

Old 05-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Thanks for your input guys...

I value everyone's opinion! I found a Cayenne GTS (2014 with 30k miles) but the transmission doesn't seem that great, compared to the PTT...and less options.

I am most likely going to keep the PTT... unless an amazing offer comes up or if I find an amazing car that I can actually compare to the PTT. I told myself when I got the PTT, that my next car will be 991 turbo or GT3 or GT4... perhaps just stick to that plan.

So far PTT has been reliable, I had new battery put in about 8 months ago... and regular service performed at the dealership. Maintaining it in the mainland would be easier, but here on the island... my options are limited as for any indy shops or trustworthy places that will perform the jobs needed when the time comes... cross my fingers!

Old 05-25-2018, 11:18 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
When i purchased my first porsche, I loved being in ot. After few years, I thought i would give others a try. Audi, benz, bmw. All suvs.
as soon as i went driving them, i instantly knew that owning one after afew porsche, is a settle/sacrifice.
your ptt with such lowand miles, if maintained, will give you years of joy. Going to other makes will result in regrets, but it will be too late then, your almost new ptt will be gone. Keep it.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by ciaka
When i purchased my first porsche, I loved being in ot. After few years, I thought i would give others a try. Audi, benz, bmw. All suvs.
as soon as i went driving them, i instantly knew that owning one after afew porsche, is a settle/sacrifice.
your ptt with such lowand miles, if maintained, will give you years of joy. Going to other makes will result in regrets, but it will be too late then, your almost new ptt will be gone. Keep it.

you said it most accurately... It is indeed a very low mileage car, and pretty much perfect condition in my opinion. its the instant regret that I would have almost immediately if I did chose another vehicle... For now, I have decided to keep the vehicle and enjoy it and try to drive more!

Old 05-27-2018, 01:59 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I think great choice. Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, until you get there.
Dont look back and enjoy. We're all jealous.