Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me Turbo S - need some advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 05:45 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Same here, got my 2015 4S from Porsche of West Broward, same thing came with new pads and new tires.
Been happy with my purchase the last two months. I hope CPO ends up being worth it in the long run.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
My guy was Marcos at PoWB and they were the best dealership experience I have had. As far as the CPO, my car had low freon and the drivers vents were not pushing cold air, and one of the keys was not working perfectly. Fixed no questions asked and new key

Old 07-25-2018, 07:35 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobby Buggs
Yves, Guys, where do you find these garage queens?? Im aware they can be quite expensive to repair out of CPO. Yves the one you found had no issues?
I had been looking for 7 months and ultimately found it through Autotrader. I get the automated e-mail in case a car matches my criteria.
This is my 4th Porsche so I roughly know what to expect and what to ask for. Once I felt comfortable after screening the seller I sent the car through the same PPI as what would be needed for a CPO.
Similar to my job in business I consider myself to be self-insured. I've got 5 cars and 4 motorcycles, if I lose one it will not be the end of my existence, nor ruin me. It's a different approach, but I hate to give my money to insurance companies and sponsor others in their bad behaviors. If I screw up I will pay for it myself (these are the words of a Libertarian). If it breaks down, I've got other cars to ride till I find an economic way of repairing it.
Having owned this car for 2 weeks now I have to say I am starting to REALLY like it. When I drive to the office in the morning I can have my first calls with Europe. In the evening when coming back all it takes is the push a button and the car turns into a monster. Very likeable.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:40 PM
Bragger lol

Old 07-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobby Buggs
Bragger lol
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I am a corporate finance guy and cost conscious. I don't get carried away by the latest technologies in order to impress neighbors and friends. Rather, I let somebody else drive expensive cars off the dealer lot and have them take the main depreciation bite. This way I was able to collect some cars and bikes I really like, without affecting my family's financial or retirement plans.

Last edited by Yves; 07-25-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:54 AM
Its impossible to convey internet sarcasm and I should know that, You didnt covey the wrong message. Im with you on letting others take the deprecation hit. I would hope most of the people here that own these cars are not at the risk of their financial stability as a result but I can only hope

Old 07-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't take it that way either haha!

People who have money, usually have it because they are cheap anyway......

The more expensive the car gets, typically the bigger that first hit is. I mean the Panamera TTS is more than the 911TTS MSRP, but they just take a bigger hit those first handful of years, and though they stabilize like the 911, they don't stabilize as high as a 911. This is fortunate for the frugal buyer, unfortunate for those that buy new. I think a lot of people lease these cars too, and pay a lot to do so, paying of only the depreciation as they go.

Its been a hobby of mine, to watch different models that I'm interested in, watch the market and see which ones to buy and when. It doesn't make any car an investment, but it does keep me from being in negative equity on the loan from the very start which is important when you change cars a lot and on an expensive model. The last 2 cars I've purchased prior to the PTTS - a Jeep SRT, an RS7 -- I owned for less than a year, paid at or under trade in value at the time, which meant that payments to drive aside I only lost $2000. That's not pennies, but if you drive a car for nearly a year and get in trade basically what you paid a year prior, you're doing pretty good. Its at least good enough to support my bad habit of changing cars......

With the Porsche PTTS , I really hope it stays solid, and drives like it does right now for at least 2-3 years, then I might look into a 970.1 or 971 Panamera Turbo after my warranty is up. I'm not sure what I would get outside of the Porsche lineup at this point. The trackhawk might be fun, and are actually pretty luxury oriented, but they are not a Porsche......I might consider a 997 Turbo or, an AWD F Type R. Its really hard for me to imagine not having the utility though of a Super SUV or Super Sedan like the Panamera. I'd consider the RS7 again maybe, but only if I had the wild hair to really mod some big HP out of it. That really is the only real pro to the RS7 over the Panamera.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:34 AM
amitchell0039 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gorgeous!

Nice pickup! I'm thinking about a first gen Panamara as well. Looks like you got an awesome example.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:03 AM
bzliteyear is on a distinguished road
Great thread and thanks for everyone's input.
I've got a 2013 Cayenne GTS & 2003 Carrera C4S and both have been amazingly reliable - just regular service.
Now I've been getting itch and found a 2012 PTTS w/ CPO, but it'll run out soon.
Therefore, I'm trying to see if I can find a good after-market warranty to buy.
I did call Troy that's on the board here and he does offer 5yrs on top of factory Porsche.
However, it's only good for factory warranty and orig 4yrs - not the 6yrs CPO.

If anyone else has suggestions, I'd be all ears
Thx.

Patrick

Old 09-22-2018, 12:51 AM
60k service - $3,000!!!

Who said maintenance similar to other high end cars?
i called 3 places/Porsche dealers, and all close to $2,800-3k!!!
Any one with suggestions?
PL

Last edited by bzliteyear; 09-22-2018 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to add
Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
If you own a Ferrari or a lambo, you would see bills of $15k, $20k sometimes $30k for maintenance.
So 3k is on cheap side.
Recommend you read my diy threads and save yourself serious bucks.

Originally Posted by bzliteyear
Who said maintenance similar to other high end cars?
i called 3 places/Porsche dealers, and all close to $2,800-3k!!!
Any one with suggestions?
PL

Last edited by ciaka; 09-22-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Thank you for the suggestion. I love your threads but unfortunately I have neither the tools nor the time to do this personally. I know a few independent shops but they’re starting to charge almost the same as the dealer, and they may not know what they’re doing for some of the new Electronics.
Originally Posted by ciaka
If you own a Ferrari or a lambo, you would see bills of 15, 20 sometimes 30k for maint ed nance. So 3k is on cheap side.
Recommend you read my diy threads and save yourself serious bucks.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:18 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Tools wise, 90% of stuff can be done with sockets and torx. Breaker bar, screwdrivers. Would estimate no more than 200 at harbor freight.
Invest time and you will know your car wel,l to be able to spot issues before they are issues.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:39 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
You get to love DIY. I like to save $$$ by doing Do IT Myself. Sometimes I have to bring my PAN to Fremont Porshe for some warranty works. Last year, I screwed up on my Brake Flush job, I had to tow the car to them for bleeding, LOL ... I let air in the system accidentally. Cost me $200. Not bad ...

Old 09-29-2018, 12:10 PM
12PTTSGrey will become famous soon enough
I ended up getting a PTTS that needed a little TLC to get it to the state I wanted it. But, I also used that as a means to drive down the asking price and my trade value. The car is not a CPO. In the end, since I put new tires, wheels, brakes (rotors and pads, front and rear), front bushings on the controls arms, tie-rods and all of the fluids, the car now drives perfectly. Of course I did the common, easy modifications with a high flow air filter, intake plenum and a tune to bring on the beast mode to keep up/beat the latest 2018 models (need north of 600 HP to make up the delta for the new PDK 8 speed). If I ever get lined up in a straight line with a Hellcat or like, I can be confident in that fact that I can get to 60 MPH without converting my rear rubber to smoke and then, even if they get rolling, stay well ahead.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to me Turbo S - need some advice