6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   15mm spacers for Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/422496-15mm-spacers-panamera.html)

ciaka 07-18-2018 08:36 AM

15mm spacers for Panamera

6 Attachment(s)
I did this recently, and wanted to post up the before/after pics.
Originally my car came with the 5mm spacers, but IMO they were useless - 5mm, thats less than thickness of a q-tip end - yup, useless.
One thing to keep in mind, is that I already did rear spacers install last week. So all pics have rear spacers in them (sorry, no comparison pics), however you can see the after result and compare the fronts to give you idea of how far the wheels get moved out with spacers in place.

The install was with the 20 inch Turbo 2 wheels, sizes:
- 255-40-R20 front
- 295-35-R20 rear

To do the job:

- Purchased 15mm spacers, one for each corner, total 4.
- Purchased 44mm wheel lug bolts (black) with R14 swivel washer - 5 per wheel, total 20 bolts.
- Brake cleaner for cleaning brakes while I was at it

I must say the 15mm spacers appear to be optimal for spacers on stock wheels for the Panamera.
If I installed thicker spacers, I think when the car lowers down, it would come extremely close, if not touch, the inner wheel well of the car.
So if you contemplate installing spacers, it is something to think about.

Here are some pics...before and after...

DogWood 07-18-2018 08:55 AM

looks good

LGARCIA 07-18-2018 08:56 AM

It made a difference for sure, like you said 15mm seems to be the right amount for those wheels, nice job!!

mrwilliamsburg 09-25-2018 12:34 PM

I too installed 15mm spacers on all 4 corners of my Panamera Turbo with the Turbo II wheels and the difference is striking. They really fill up the wheel wells now and make it appear like it has a significantly wider stance. I was really surprised by what a huge difference this made!

ciaka 09-25-2018 12:44 PM

And does not make your 200k car look raunchy, like some Pontiac with 45mm spacers on, half tire sticking out.
I found that the 15mm is optimal at least for me. This way, if you lower and raise your Panamera, it will not affect how wheel fits in the well. Fills the well nicely and aesthetically.
Great to hear good results.

Originally Posted by mrwilliamsburg (Post 4740781)
I too installed 15mm spacers on all 4 corners of my Panamera Turbo with the Turbo II wheels and the difference is striking. They really fill up the wheel wells now and make it appear like it has a significantly wider stance. I was really surprised by what a huge difference this made!

Kayvan1347 01-25-2019 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ciaka (Post 4727874)
I did this recently, and wanted to post up the before/after pics.
Originally my car came with the 5mm spacers, but IMO they were useless - 5mm, thats less than thickness of a q-tip end - yup, useless.
One thing to keep in mind, is that I already did rear spacers install last week. So all pics have rear spacers in them (sorry, no comparison pics), however you can see the after result and compare the fronts to give you idea of how far the wheels get moved out with spacers in place.

The install was with the 20 inch Turbo 2 wheels, sizes:
- 255-40-R20 front
- 295-35-R20 rear

To do the job:

- Purchased 15mm spacers, one for each corner, total 4.
- Purchased 44mm wheel lug bolts (black) with R14 swivel washer - 5 per wheel, total 20 bolts.
- Brake cleaner for cleaning brakes while I was at it

I must say the 15mm spacers appear to be optimal for spacers on stock wheels for the Panamera.
If I installed thicker spacers, I think when the car lowers down, it would come extremely close, if not touch, the inner wheel well of the car.
So if you contemplate installing spacers, it is something to think about.

Here are some pics...before and after...

hi
where did you buy your 15 mm spacer from?
i do have the same wheels (Turbo II) too. And I think 15 mm all wheels looks great too.
Thanks

ciaka 01-26-2019 09:08 AM

I got them off ebay. Hub centric wheel spacers 15mm.
Due to all of them being turned out or cncd, you should be good to go with them.
Make sure you get longer bolts, I think I put details in the thread, for type and length.

Originally Posted by Kayvan1347 (Post 4762850)

hi
where did you buy your 15 mm spacer from?
i do have the same wheels (Turbo II) too. And I think 15 mm all wheels looks great too.
Thanks

Roofmuny 01-27-2019 08:51 AM

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...001366ecs15kt/

thinking about buying these, I assume the bolts should work fine? It didn’t have a size that I could see...also did anyone buy new lug nut locks or what?

cerbomark 01-28-2019 05:19 PM

I just went without locks. When you get them the bolts should be longer than your OEM bolts by at least the width of the spacer.

Kayvan1347 01-28-2019 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ciaka (Post 4762871)
I got them off ebay. Hub centric wheel spacers 15mm.
Due to all of them being turned out or cncd, you should be good to go with them.
Make sure you get longer bolts, I think I put details in the thread, for type and length.

hi
just checking if you had any scratches happen after you install the 15 mm spacer on the surface paint of the car?
Thanks

Roofmuny 01-28-2019 05:28 PM

I would assume because they come with the spacers that it will be plenty of space I hope

cerbomark 01-28-2019 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kayvan1347 (Post 4763229)

hi
just checking if you had any scratches happen after you install the 15 mm spacer on the surface paint of the car?
Thanks

It will certainly throw more slinging along the sides.

cerbomark 01-28-2019 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Roofmuny (Post 4763230)
I would assume because they come with the spacers that it will be plenty of space I hope

Yes, but you can now match everything up before installing them to be 100% sure and have peace of mind.

Roofmuny 01-28-2019 05:39 PM

Absolutely

dougcayenne 01-30-2019 11:09 PM

Ciaka,

Please send out the link where you bought the spacers set from. Thank you for the link to door lights at ebay. I just received them this afternoon. Will do a quick installation tomorrow morning before going to the office. LOL ...

Thank you.