6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   2010-2013 Panamera Turbo front and rear rotors suggestion (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/425861-2010-2013-panamera-turbo-front-rear-rotors-suggestion.html)

ciaka 11-01-2018 09:04 AM

2010-2013 Panamera Turbo front and rear rotors suggestion

can anyone suggest good quality front and rear rotors (and give PN, place to buy, etc), for the turbo panamera?
I am going to change both front and rear, and put on new pads too. There appear to be multiple options, and price spready from about 120 through 800 per rotor (front). Rears bit cheaper price spread.

I am leaning towards zimmerman high carbon slotted. Wanted to see what others who have changed theirs, would advise. Thank you.

pwc6t3 11-03-2018 12:16 PM

Turbo brake parts

I changed all of mine about a year ago (2010 Turbo). If I remember correctly I got some parts through Austin at vividracing.com and some from Pelican Parts. You can get everything for under 2k total. Dealer was asking $5500 including install.
I went with Zimmerman rotors and OEM pads. Works just fine.

ciaka 11-03-2018 07:35 PM

no warping with zimmerman? thats what I am thinking of, their formula z high carbon, and hawk ceramic pads.

pwc6t3 11-03-2018 09:18 PM

No issues with them at all. Now I just use the car on the street, not the track though.

NormalFellow 11-04-2018 01:06 AM

Hey Ciaka! Heres a set I would highly recommend! Its a little pricier, but a little bit better... You might even be able to find a better deal looking up the part number through brembo direct. https://www.bbiautosport.com/product...turbo-non-pccb

ciaka 11-05-2018 09:18 PM

Those wouldnt fit.
They dont seem to have pabnamera brakes, turbo or not.
Panamera turbo calls for front rotors 389mm, 36mm thick.
Ones in link are 380mm by 34mm thick. 34mm rotors on PTT are min thickness for replacement.
Thank you though, look real nice.

Originally Posted by Alex Keleman (Post 4748243)
Hey Ciaka! Heres a set I would highly recommend! Its a little pricier, but a little bit better... You might even be able to find a better deal looking up the part number through brembo direct. https://www.bbiautosport.com/product...turbo-non-pccb

stealthn 11-06-2018 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by ciaka (Post 4747840)
can anyone suggest good quality front and rear rotors (and give PN, place to buy, etc), for the turbo panamera?
I am going to change both front and rear, and put on new pads too. There appear to be multiple options, and price spready from about 120 through 800 per rotor (front). Rears bit cheaper price spread.

I am leaning towards zimmerman high carbon slotted. Wanted to see what others who have changed theirs, would advise. Thank you.

funny in the same hunt now, I’m going with Zimmerman’s and OEM pads too. Used Zimmerman’s on an old 944 with no issue, plus they are less than half of the Porsche ones.

skiracer13 11-08-2018 10:15 AM

I just got a quote to replace front and rear rotors and pads for $3k from my indy including labor. I think I'm going to shop around as well - I thought I remember seeing OEM rotors for half of what Porsche charges but can't seem to find them now that I need them. :(

stealthn 11-08-2018 11:46 AM

for a 2010 turbo, but you get the idea

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog..._pg2.htm#item7

ciaka 11-08-2018 01:03 PM

I just pulled the trigger on all the parts needed. Can fish out PNs if needed, here is what I bought in general:
  • Front rotors (matching), hi carbon, zinc coated, zimmermann, floating rotors, slotted - ~$300/rotor = $600
  • Rear rotors (matching), hi carbon, zinc coated, zimmermann, slotted - ~$150/rotor = $300
  • Front pads ceramic Hawk - $147/front set yellow box
  • Rear pads ceramic Hawk - $140/rear set yellow box
  • Front caliper pad springs - $34/four (two per caliper)
  • Front pad sensors PEX OEM - $32/two
  • Rear pad sensors PEX OEM - $28/two
  • Front sensor cable guide - $38 total for two (1 per front caliper)
  • Rear springs Serbo - $25/two (1 per rear caliper)
  • Front caliper bolts (2 per caliper, total 4)
  • Rear caliper bolts (2 per caliper, total 4)
Total including any shipping, etc, cost around $1200.
I will do the work, very easy, cost some time but beats spending 2k on labor, or more. Saw estimates for this work at 3k-6k for non PCCB, which is crazy.
Even the quote you said of 3k is way too much.
Anyway, will do the work in a couple weeks probably.
Was not able to get PN for these caliper pad guide pins (the pins going into the brake pad holes that the pads slide on while on car). They are screwed into the calipers, 4 per caliper. If anyone has the PN for that, let me know. I need red color to match my calipers.

Originally Posted by skiracer13 (Post 4749010)
I just got a quote to replace front and rear rotors and pads for $3k from my indy including labor. I think I'm going to shop around as well - I thought I remember seeing OEM rotors for half of what Porsche charges but can't seem to find them now that I need them. :(

tallpaul 11-08-2018 01:56 PM

Anyone used the Zimmerman's with occasional track use? Curious how they hold up compared to the factor Porsche ones.

ciaka 11-08-2018 02:24 PM

I know zimmermann is used as OEM for braking components on Panamera. They have their formula z hi carbon series but not sure how that compares to the oem rotors they give to Pcar vendor for these cars. I am sure it is better. They do have the Panamera oem, but are twice the price and do not have any coating or the hi carbon mix.

negb 11-25-2018 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by pwc6t3 (Post 4748229)
No issues with them at all. Now I just use the car on the street, not the track though.

Everyone I know and including myself Zimmermann's squeaking and rusting like hell, with different brake pads...

pwc6t3 11-25-2018 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by negb (Post 4752181)
Everyone I know and including myself Zimmermann's squeaking and rusting like hell, with different brake pads...

I must have gotten lucky then. I have had them on the car for about a year now and have no squealing or rust issues with them. When I put the rotors on I painted the centers black to match the ones I took off the car, so that could explain the no rust.

XLR82XS 11-28-2018 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ciaka (Post 4749075)
I just pulled the trigger on all the parts needed. Can fish out PNs if needed, here is what I bought in general:
  • Front rotors (matching), hi carbon, zinc coated, zimmermann, floating rotors, slotted - ~$300/rotor = $600
  • Rear rotors (matching), hi carbon, zinc coated, zimmermann, slotted - ~$150/rotor = $300
  • Front pads ceramic Hawk - $147/front set yellow box
  • Rear pads ceramic Hawk - $140/rear set yellow box
  • Front caliper pad springs - $34/four (two per caliper)
  • Front pad sensors PEX OEM - $32/two
  • Rear pad sensors PEX OEM - $28/two
  • Front sensor cable guide - $38 total for two (1 per front caliper)
  • Rear springs Serbo - $25/two (1 per rear caliper)
  • Front caliper bolts (2 per caliper, total 4)
  • Rear caliper bolts (2 per caliper, total 4)

P/N for rear Hawk ceramic pads please.