6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   brake pad life (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/425936-brake-pad-life.html)

cerbomark 11-04-2018 03:38 PM

brake pad life

What are you guys seeing for pad wear (miles) ? Type of driving? Thanks.

OEkun1 11-06-2018 09:07 PM

Great question, I've got slightly over 60K total on my panny, about 12K in the last 2 years of my ownership and haven't heard a peep. I don't think it helps much since I don't drive it as much as I'd like.

knowspin 11-07-2018 03:23 PM

I'd be interested in hearing responses. My wife's 2018 has just over 5,000 miles on it and will be due for its first year service next month. I will have them pull the wheels and examine the pads. I'm assuming the pads are pretty well worn because there is an incredible amount of brake dust on the wheels. Without exaggerating I have to wash her wheels every 2 to 3 days to keep them clean and she's only driving about 20 miles during that time.

I have already looked into ceramic pads (which I have on all our other vehicles) but apparently there are none offered for the 4. I contacted a local shop who will custom make them for $1000. I figured I may take them up on it once these pads are done for.

cerbomark 11-07-2018 03:48 PM

well I asked the question because I have 39K (highway mostly) and am coming to my lease end. I didn't t want the wear indicator to be set off right before I turned it in and have Porsche bill me when I can do my own brakes. I was surprised that the rear are within 2MM of setting off sensor (inside pads wearing faster) on the inside pad. I think I may just turn in early as I have other cars to drive and don t want to be putting anymore into the Pana at this point. I quick look at the fronts looked a little better maybe. If I was keeping it then I would say all four need replacing at this mileage in my situation.
FYI. These are original pads.

cerbomark 11-07-2018 03:50 PM

Knowspin, good German pads can be had for under $200 front and rear.

robhamster 11-07-2018 05:26 PM

I had the wear indicators for the front and back both go off around 34K miles. Porsche recommended pads and rotors. $$ on a 2014 Turbo

cerbomark 11-07-2018 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by robhamster (Post 4748881)
I had the wear indicators for the front and back both go off around 34K miles. Porsche recommended pads and rotors. $$ on a 2014 Turbo

I ve done pads only many times , never had an issue.

skiracer13 11-07-2018 05:55 PM

I had my 50k service done yesterday and got the same warning as I got at 45k that I have 3mm left on the fronts and the warning may come w/in the next 5k miles. I believe they are original based on the wear marks on the rotors.

stealthn 11-10-2018 09:22 AM

Yeah I’m due for new fronts, parts on order. The PO obviously put in new front pads as they are still good, but the rotor are at min. This is why Porsche recommends pads and rotors at the same time, there is only 2mm from new to minimum!