Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's coming home!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 09:51 AM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe
curious why you had pccbs as a must have. my must have this time was ventilated seats and i wound up with front/rear heated and ventilated seats and 4-zone climate. i just don't see the value in pccbs on a street car and hate the idea of replacement costs and their [slight] tendency to chip.
You know what's funny is that I've heard that from a lot of people regarding the PCCB... I used to do a lot of track racing when I lived back in the UK, traveling to Nurburgring (even done the F1 circuit ) regularly, Silverstone, etc. I genuinely prefer bigger cars these days, though, so instead of getting a track-ready 911 Turbo S or GT2, I opted for a more luxurious drive if I'm taking clients out or whatever, traveling with friends, road tripping. I also wanted something that I have the confidence in pushing hard and not worrying about brake-fade on a track. So yep, this is a Panamera that will see track action and even though I can get the standard brakes to a top performance level with the right rotors and pads etc, I just didn't want to worry about it. The "lasting the lifetime of the car" selling point was nice too, providing there are no chips.

Also, they look coooool

Old 11-28-2018, 09:55 AM
my must have this time was ventilated seats and i wound up with front/rear heated and ventilated seats and 4-zone climate.
That's an awesome thing to have too, by the way - it's one of the 3 concessions I made to get this car that I likely can't rectify (hence only being 95% of the wish-list). Rear sun shades/blinds, ventilated seats and Burmester were the things I gave up to get the car that checked most other boxes. So, I will forever be jealous of the people that get to keep cool in the summer

Old 11-28-2018, 10:06 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LouDA
You know what's funny is that I've heard that from a lot of people regarding the PCCB... I used to do a lot of track racing when I lived back in the UK, traveling to Nurburgring (even done the F1 circuit ) regularly, Silverstone, etc. I genuinely prefer bigger cars these days, though, so instead of getting a track-ready 911 Turbo S or GT2, I opted for a more luxurious drive if I'm taking clients out or whatever, traveling with friends, road tripping. I also wanted something that I have the confidence in pushing hard and not worrying about brake-fade on a track. So yep, this is a Panamera that will see track action and even though I can get the standard brakes to a top performance level with the right rotors and pads etc, I just didn't want to worry about it. The "lasting the lifetime of the car" selling point was nice too, providing there are no chips.

Also, they look coooool
that makes total sense! i've done my fair share of driving, racing, and instructing also and i bet the panny holds its own on the track.
great dual purpose limo!

Old 11-28-2018, 10:09 AM
that makes total sense! i've done my fair share of driving, racing, and instructing also and i bet the panny holds its own on the track.
great dual purpose limo!
Exactly

Old 11-28-2018, 10:10 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
That's an awesome thing to have too, by the way - it's one of the 3 concessions I made to get this car that I likely can't rectify (hence only being 95% of the wish-list). Rear sun shades/blinds, ventilated seats and Burmester were the things I gave up to get the car that checked most other boxes. So, I will forever be jealous of the people that get to keep cool in the summer
my car ticks those 3 boxes and the burmester was a nice bonus - wasn't a must have, but who is going to turndown a $6k audio system. sounds wonderful.
being in TX, the vented seats were a must for me. my 8y/o daughter loves all of her controls in the back seat. basically, i'm her chauffeur - reason for earlier 'limo' comment.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:10 AM
bzliteyear is on a distinguished road
Congrats - I think that was same car that kept popping up on my FB as an ad - seemed like a really good deal also, esp so new.
Was the rear Turbo S badge that way because of Sports trim - it looks different than mine?

Great PCCB, and I do like the seats as my current seats are a bit firm, even compared with my Cayenne GTS.

Let's hear more details after you get it, and congrats again!

Patrick

Old 11-28-2018, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
Congrats - I think that was same car that kept popping up on my FB as an ad - seemed like a really good deal also, esp so new.
Was the rear Turbo S badge that way because of Sports trim - it looks different than mine?

Great PCCB, and I do like the seats as my current seats are a bit firm, even compared with my Cayenne GTS.

Let's hear more details after you get it, and congrats again!

Patrick
It's the only one I've seen with the Turbo S in that way, so as far as I know it's an aftermarket thing - I'm not sold on it though and may go back to the standard lettering. It's quite garish

I definitely think it's a good deal although it does have an accident on the report. Come to find out, the accident was a bumper scuff (that's it) from a parking lot rub and the guy claimed it on insurance so it went on the record. So, with that, warranty, car history, servicing, 55kish miles, 2012 Turbo S for the price it was, I'm hoping I've snagged a good deal! Time will tell, of course, but I've also got my local Porsche dealer looking it over nose to tail on Monday, along with taking care of the recent recall (AH08?).

Old 11-28-2018, 08:56 PM
Aaaand shes home 😁😁🤘

Old 11-28-2018, 11:16 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Letteri g is either changed after purchase, or at order time,delete/add.
Standard lettering is Porsche above line, sub model designation below line.
Make sure shop looks over the PCCB rotors i detail. Small cracks hard to see, and at certain time need replacing. With them you should get the caliper guide pins that you now must have for any brake service, or you risk chipping rotors. These are about $5k each. Need 4 total. Their realistic life is about 160k miles. Look great.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:02 AM
Thanks Ciaka! I checked the brakes thoroughly and they look fine with no hairlines but will get the dealership to pay extra attention on Monday - can't afford another $20k hit straight away haha!

Question though - the only issue I've found so far is the trunk. I can raise it just fine through the key/trunk button etc. Pressing either button to bring it back down though, it drops like 4" then beeps and stops. Press the button again, it does the same thing. Anyone know what this could be?

Old 11-29-2018, 09:11 AM
it would seem to me it is sensing something is in the way. it is very sensitive to obstructions. that's my only guess at the moment.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:10 PM
it would seem to me it is sensing something is in the way. it is very sensitive to obstructions. that's my only guess at the moment.
I checked and couldnt find anything... will be asking the dealer on Monday. Turns out the trunk struts are rusted to heck anyway so may have to get them replaced, too.

The car is an absolute beast though! More than I expected.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:15 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Illinois - salt city - biggest issue with Midwest cars

Old 11-30-2018, 08:35 AM
Turns out the trunk struts are rusted to heck anyway so may have to get them replaced, too.
if they are that rusted, i would guess that is likely the interference. it's simply sensing a resistance. hard to believe those would be that rusty - makes me curious about so many other bits and suspension pieces.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:03 AM
if they are that rusted, i would guess that is likely the interference. it's simply sensing a resistance. hard to believe those would be that rusty - makes me curious about so many other bits and suspension pieces.
Me too - I have asked the Porsche dealer to go over everything with a fine-toothed comb on Monday, so I should know what needs to be done immediately versus what can wait.

Tuesday, I will find out if it has issues or not 🤞🤞

I also know that the underseal is a specific type so will see if I can get thay cleaned and re-undersealed to protect against rust again. I will take a picture of the strut later to show you what I mean.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's coming home!!