6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera-75/)
-   -   Suncore parts (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/427521-suncore-parts.html)

billythekidcal 12-28-2018 02:59 PM

Suncore parts

I ordered a pair of the front struts for my ‘10 Panamera Turbo after my suspension compressor died and then I incurred some damage to one of them. Thought I would save some money as the dealership charges for one what most repair shops charge for replacing all four (and then some). Had to wait an extra two weeks for the parts to arrive and book the install at an independent shop, then the hassle of shuttling it back and forth from the dealership to the shop to get the work done and then go back to the dealership to get the system filled with nitrogen. When I hear back from the dealership, they say that the Suncore struts don’t communicate with the car’s computer system. So now I have to get the OEM struts put in and return the Suncore parts. Thought I would save $ And it will end up costing me about an extra $1500 plus two plus weeks of no vehicle. Total garbage.

panamera_lou 12-28-2018 08:37 PM

aftermarket struts work perfectly fine with the porsche air suspension ecu . My friend changed both his front struts with that company you mentioned but since they are aftermarket some come damaged with problems so possibly what happend to yours my 2012 panamera S front right strut went out along with compressor what i did was purchase a used strut & compressor from a low mileage panamera on ebay , total for strut and compressor was 800$ total and came with a year warranty not too bad the strut is in perfect condition so it was a good buy i did the swap my self not that hard .

billythekidcal 01-03-2019 02:47 PM

The Suncore parts were not reconditioned, so they shouldn't have had any damage. Anyway, Porsche factory service could not get them to communicate with the car's computer, so they are being returned. Appreciate the suggestion on EBAY, but not going that route. Been through enough bull**** already.

Also, for anyone interested, Porsche service clarified that the $3000 they had quoted to replace the faulty strut was JUST TO REPLACE THE AIR BAG ON ONE STRUT. A full strut replacement would be $7000. FOR ONE STRUT!!!

And then they offered to replace the air bag on the other strut for the low low price of $3000 as a preventative measure (even though it was bench tested and held pressure) because they didn`t know if it would continue to hold pressure once it was on the road. I graciously declined their kind offer.

I know that these vehicles are not cheap to own, but $14,000 to replace the front struts is ****ING LUDICROUS..

riden 01-03-2019 05:53 PM

I’ve seen the OEM front strut assembly advertised for ~$1800 from a Porsche parts dealer and they are not that difficult to change out. I would shop it around because I have read some dealers prices are significantly inflated, even for oil changes.

billythekidcal 01-09-2019 09:16 AM

Just so ya know

So I called Suncore to start the return process. Left a voicemail for the returns department and didn't get a call back. I called again 2 days later and got the same voicemail, so I dialed the sales extension and lo and behold they answered that line. I indicated that the dealership had not been able to get their struts to communicate with the car's control module and had to go back to OEM parts (which they indicated on their invoice after the work was completed). Suncore's response? Well you can return them, but just because they don'[t communicate with your car (even though the OEM versions do, so its not my control module) that doesn't prove that they're defective, so you'll have to cover the shipping. Huh? Makes no sense. What a sham. I will never use them again, and would suggest the same to anyone else considering them.