Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should I stay or should I go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 08:55 PM
E92M3970G1 is an unknown quantity at this point
should I stay or should I go?

Ok. So I have enjoyed and still enjoy my 2010 Panamera 4S. Just dropped coin on the 60k service for PDK fluid change, all eight spark plugs, and all coil packs. She is a faster than ever. What's the problem? Just got the wife a Levante. Nicest damn vehicle I've ever driven. I am not an SUV driver but damn the Levante goes like heck. Now I am getting damn good offers on 2018 Ghiblis from the same stealership. Damn good in the sense that I don't have to worry about maintenance like the $4k 60k routine maintenance just digested. I drive 26 miles each way on the daily commute. Not disappointed with the Panamera 4S, but anyone with Italian experience?

Old 02-04-2019, 08:00 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Yes. I believe you will miss your German engineering after owning a Maserati for some time. If you are talking about 1-3 leasing and no cost maintenance, then that is a different ball game.

A friend sold his P cars and went for Maserati ownership for a while. He regretted it - got back into Porsche. In my years of experience owning, building, tuning a vast array of vehicles I'm always happy to consult and advise where I can.Are you looking for a commuter and a weekend warrior or a one-size-fits-all approach?

Old 02-04-2019, 09:18 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
you might want to take a look at this thread : https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/1109870-panamara-base-vs-maserati-ghibli-s.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-04-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:12 PM
That link is a good read. It was good to see that I'm not the only one taken by the sound of the Ghibli. I think German engineering will prevail over the long term.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Yes. I believe you will miss your German engineering after owning a Maserati for some time. If you are talking about 1-3 leasing and no cost maintenance, then that is a different ball game.

A friend sold his P cars and went for Maserati ownership for a while. He regretted it - got back into Porsche. In my years of experience owning, building, tuning a vast array of vehicles I'm always happy to consult and advise where I can.Are you looking for a commuter and a weekend warrior or a one-size-fits-all approach?
It is no cost maintenance and only need a commuter.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:16 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by E92M3970G1
That link is a good read. It was good to see that I'm not the only one taken by the sound of the Ghibli. I think German engineering will prevail over the long term.
Thanks, hope it helps.

What's the little red car between the Panamera and BMW?

Old 02-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by DogWood
Thanks, hope it helps.

What's the little red car between the Panamera and BMW?
My son's 911 GT3, 12v version.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:50 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
If you move to Maserati, you will likely notice the interior quality difference, with Panamera being eons ahead of the Maserati. I was going to pull the trigger on Maserati GranTurismo Sport, compared for a long time, drove, etc.
What I liked about the Maserati was the Ferrari engine and exhaust sound note (just awesome with sport exhaust), and the perception that Maserati is a super exclusive club.
What I did not like about it was:
- quality of interior
- performance not near panamera
- way less space (not for tall people, whereas Panamera sits 6'2" folks oh so comfortable even in the back seats)
- 2 door granturismo could not beat 4 door Panamera
- very prohibitive Maserati maintenance, where diagnostics, etc are very limited, forcing folks to deal with dealerships for even simple repairs/maintenance)
- Porsche diagnostics very available and accessible for mainstream audience, with large community for support

So what I would do, would be to stick with Porsche. However, I am not the one who dropped money on these cars, so you will be the one that will make the right decision for you.
Good luck.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:34 PM
I am glad I asked this group. You guys make strong points. Sitting in a rumbling Italian car can blind you (me) to the fit and finish difference between the two brands. Thank you for your time and advice.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:25 AM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by E92M3970G1
I am glad I asked this group. You guys make strong points. Sitting in a rumbling Italian car can blind you (me) to the fit and finish difference between the two brands. Thank you for your time and advice.
The only Maser i’d consider would be the the granturismo.(looks great as coupe or convert)
Its getting long in the tooth but still one of the best looking 2 door cars around and still has the exotic look.
the exhaust note is amazing. My neighbor has a 2012 he bought new and now has 30k plus miles without any reliability issues.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:32 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
If I knew more about Maserati issues to look for, knew that there are good and proven diags solutions out there for DIY crowd, I probably would have tried that car. The interior really looked like 1990s though. All it was missing was a tape deck.
The sound of the engine and exhaust is spot on, tickles you right in the spot. Have been talking to a couple folks on Maserati forums and they all said, diags hard to get to, and most end up going to dealer to reset lights when they have other work to do, or dealer charges them 800, 1000, sometimes 1500 to reset the messages. Terrible IMO.
Overall, though, I am so glad I have the Panamera turbo - freaking awesome car, and if maintained properly, damn reliable too.

Originally Posted by KICKINIT

The only Maser i’d consider would be the the granturismo.(looks great as coupe or convert)
Its getting long in the tooth but still one of the best looking 2 door cars around and still has the exotic look.
the exhaust note is amazing. My neighbor has a 2012 he bought new and now has 30k plus miles without any reliability issues.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:51 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
Get an Urus, I got to tour in one for 2 hours and I have to say the nicest interior I have ever seen and the the performance of a PTT S

Amazing vehicle, with a price to match.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:27 PM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
I have my eye on something like this set up for a weekend toy. Much better interior than from earlier GT cars. I really like white/red combo
Still kind of like the interior feel in the Ferrari California (Chrysler) feel

Old 02-08-2019, 10:45 PM
You mean price amazingly high or amazingly low?

Originally Posted by stealthn
Get an Urus, I got to tour in one for 2 hours and I have to say the nicest interior I have ever seen and the the performance of a PTT S

Old 02-09-2019, 08:45 AM
EmmHolla is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stealthn

Performance isn't in oar with a PTT S. That's a stretch. It's fast, sounds amazing, and is Lambo but a PTTS will smoke that car 10x out of 10. How do I know? I have a PTT and a friend of mine has a Urus I've driven it and it isn't faster than my PTT..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should I stay or should I go?